Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.

After a night of drinking, the heap meets up outside of The Chopping Block. The only thing they can remember all that well from last night is that you all decided that stealing some crap from the Museum of Random Stuff. You're sure you know some people who would want anything you might find in the Actually Worth Something part of the museum.

Well, you should probably figure out your course of action first. You all know for sure that the Museum of Random Stuff is open to all sorts of peeps right now... for browsing only, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Toker Ace

"Oh wow," Toker Ace mumbles out loud as he peeped out the joint as his somewhat smoked brain finally realized they were really really going to steal some stuff from the Museum. "Wow. So...should we check out the joint, see what stuff we should..." Toker pauses as he tries to think of a word that means "steal" without actually saying "steal".

"....snag? I mean, worse comes to worse, I got no probs checkin' out the cool stuffs in the 'Seum. Didn't they got some stuff from That One Place With All the Sand, Hush?" he asks the nearest one nearby (not really remembering he's asking the mute one).

"But yeah, if we're really going to do this...yeah." Toker nods his head while grinning. "Let's do this. We can do this. Yeah."

pre:
Toker Ace
Slightly Burnt Out Smelf Smellcaster

Strength: d6 (cannot go over d8 due to Really Small Guy Edge)
Agility: d6 (starts at d6 due to Really Small Guy edge) 
Vigor: d8
Smarts: d8
Spirit: d6

Charisma: 0
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 5 (8 via Armor, +1 to head attacks due to Schnoz To Be Reckoned With)

skills:
Fighting (Agility): d6
Notice (Smarts): d6
Persuasion (Spirit): d6
Stealth (Agility): d6
Shooting (Agility): d6
Smellcasting (Smarts): d8
Throwing (Agility): d6

Hindrances (4 Hind points, 2 to up Vigor, 2 for Edge)
Sort of Clueless (Minor): -1 to Common Knowledge: Wait, what?  Oh yeah, think it was...
Loyal (Minor): I don't ditch my buds, bud.
Overconfident (Major): Hells of dammit yes I can do it!  I can do anything!  Probably!

Edges (one free Professional edge OR +1 in a single skill):  
*Nosebloating (racial, active on Vigor d8)
*Schnoz To Be Reckoned With (racial, +1 Toughness to head attacks, +2 to Notice and Tracking rolls with smell, +1 to Shooting, 
                             Smellcasting, and Throwing)
*Really Small Guy (racial, free edge)

Arcane Background: Smellcaster
Free Pro Edge: Smoovester (+2 to Gambling, Intimidation, and Persuasion, but only in situations where you are trying to con, 
                           cheat, or seduce someone)

All That Zazz
Starting PP: 12+d8 roll = 7 = 19
Starting Powers (4):
Bolt
Boost/Lower Trait
Confusion
Healing

poo poo and other Crap: (500 clams to buy crap, 375 spent, 125 clams left)
Good Armor (various bits of leather and metal assembled only eighth-assedly)(200 clams, 15 yorts, +3 Torso Arms Legs)
Decent Cap (faded reddish cap with the slogan "Rigid Bisquick" )(40 clams, 1 yort, +2 50% head)
Clobberer (large dented metal bong, because why not) (80 clams, 10 yorts, Damage Str+d6, +2 Weight)

Backpack (10 clams)
Clamsack (2 clams)
Decent Duds (20 clams)
Schnoz Plugs (10 clams)
Bottle (3 clams)
Reekbottles (flavored as a shitload of bongs, because :regd08: ) (10 bongs, 10 clams)

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Burrowing Bob

"Hmm? What were we doing here again?" The werm bobs his head a few times, "oh yeah we were going to take something. Don't remember why." He goes silent for a moment, then adds "yeah lets go."

pre:
Burrowing Bob
Werm Burrower Brawler

Strength: d8
Agility: d8 (starts at d6 due to Coiled Spring racial edge) 
Vigor: d8
Smarts: d4
Spirit: d4

Charisma: 0
Pace: 6
Parry: 6
Toughness: 6 (9 via armor on body, halve damage against Blunt Weapons and falls)

skills:
Climbing (Strength): d8
Fighting (Agility): d8
Intimidation (Spirit): d6
Notice (Smarts): d6
Stealth (Agility): d8

Hindrances (4 Hind points, 4 for Edges)
Color Blind (Minor):  See everything in shades of grey, color is a mystery.
Legless (Major):  penalties negated!  +2 bonus to Persuasion rolls when begging.
Sort of Clueless (Minor): -1 to Common Knowledge: Wait, what?  Oh yeah, think it was...

Edges:  
*Burrowing (racial):  Peeps with this Edge can burrow through loose dirt at half
          their normal Pace, with or without a shovel.
*Coiled Spring (racial):  Werms are either nimble and bendy or dense and tough.
          They start with a d6 in either Strength or Agility.
*Pallesthesia (racial):  Werms can sense vibrations in the ground, allowing them 
          to ignore penalties for darkness, low light, fog, mist, and analogous jazz
          in a 2” radius.
*Rubbery (racial):  Some peeps take half damage (round down) from falls and 
          attacks by blunt weapons, due to their rubbery flesh.
*Prehensile Body (free): Your twisty, bendy body gives you a +4 bonus to 
          Climbing rolls and a +2 bonus to Agility checks made to escape bonds, 
          wiggle through small openings, or avoid falling. You can also use your 
          body as an extra limb, negating penalties for being Armless or Legless 
         and halving penalties associated with the Limbless Hindrance.
*Regeneration:  Many werms roll for natural healing once a day, rather than 
          once every five days like regular peeps. Severed limbs can be reattached 
          or regrown.  It takes a number of days equal to 20 minus the werm’s 
          Vigor die to regrow a lost limb. Reattached limbs heal normally and are 
          good to go once the werm is completely healed.
*Sticky:  Gross and really sticky.  Any small objects that hit me, like weapons, 
          fists, or falling leaves, will stick to me unless the wielder makes a 
          successful Strength roll.  

poo poo and other Crap: (500 clams to buy crap, 477 spent, 23 clams left)
Good Armor (200 clams, 15 yorts, +3 Torso)
Huge Axe (245 clams, 10 yorts, Damage Str+d10, AP 1, Parry -1, 2 hands)

Backpack (10 clams)
Clamsack (2 clams)
Decent Duds (20 clams)

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Hush Shipbreaker

Hush looms menacingly, but only in the usual way, not the way he does when he actually means it. He shrugs at the others, nodding towards the building. He'll follow their lead.

Character Sheet posted:

Species:
Horc

Attributes:
Agility d8
Smarts d4
Spirit d4
Strength d10
Vigor d10

Skills:
Boating d8
Climbing d6
Craft (weapons) d6
Fighting d8
Intimidation d8
Swimming d6
Throwing d8

Hindrances:
Mouthless (Doozie)

Edges:
Gurgitation
Buttkicker
Slimy
Tough rear end Mofo
Price-o-corn
Really Big Guy

Secondary Attributes:
Charisma +0
Pace 6"
Parry 6
Toughness 7 (9 via armor)

Languages:
Ordinary Tongue d6

Stuff: [5 clams left]
Decent Armor
Decent Helm
Decent Shield
Big Sword
Backpack
Crappy Duds
Torch x5
Oily Boid

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Baron von Bastarrdos

"A job!", the Baron exclaims to Bob, and puts his hand to his beard, tugging it. "One last job for this oldster!" A lie. "To put all of us on easy street and sipping pink colalas or... whatever you happen to fancy! We'll be rich enough to be kings, I say, or at least like kings, only minus all that pesky responsibility. It'll be grand." More lies, coming from his topmost mouth.

The lower mouth sighs, and then says to Toker, "What in floomin' Oith were we gonna nab, anyway? I think't was somethin' hoomanish, weren'tit?"

pre:
Name: Baron von Bastarrdos		Species: Bodul

Attributes (2 points): Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d4

Skills:	Climbing d6, Faith (bottomliner) d10, Knowledge (treasures) d4, Lockpicking d8, 
	Notice d6, Repair d4, Shoot d6, Stealth d8, Streetwise d4

Edges (10 points):	Arcane Background: Holy Roller, Clammy, Clever,
			Extra Limb (Leg), Fleet-Footed, Nabmaster, 
			Proud Heritage, Snoot, Two-Faced

Hindrances (10 points):	Arrogant, Elderly, Habit (Tall Tales), Hoardosaurus,
			Heroic, Overconfident

Powers:	"Forceful Bribe" (Bolt), "Death or Taxes" (Deflection),
	"Time is Money" (Speed)

Equipment:	Bag, Finagler, Grappler, Mini-Chest (Clamsack), Pouch,
		Smoulderstone, Snazzy Duds, Twine

Armor:		Decent Armor (the chest on his chest +2), Decent Cap
		(actually just his prodigious beardwax +2)

Weapon:		Slugthrower (throws slugs, 2 yorts, Min. Str -, Ammo 10, 
		Concealed, Non-Lethal, Superior Quality, 10 Extra Slugheads, $248)

Clams: $818	Yorts: 19

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Toker Ace

Toker looks up at the Baron's lower mouth. "Take something hoomanish? Sounds cool. I mean, you figure the stuff that's under the most guard is gotta be the coolest stuff to yoink, right?"

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

You only need to walk a few yorts to get to the Museum. There's a huge cowd outside, but you get in faster than you thought you would. Hordes of school children (mostly werms, boduls, and croaches) cram the halls and various arteests, wisenheimers, and other cultural sorts peruse with abandon. The halls are labyrinthine and difficult to navigate, with relics, artifacts, and lame dioramas every- where. Luckily, various maps and signs are posted to help visitors get around.

It's pretty obvious that any sort of heist would be extremely difficult (although not impossible) with all these dudes around, but nothing stops you from trying to case the joint or gather some info...

Roll whatever you think might be applicable to this kind of situation, the obvious contender being notice. I'll retroactively apply a difficulty modifier depending on the action so just roll at -0.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Hush Shipbreaker

Hush follows the others into the Museum. His bulk makes traversing the halls a bit tricky, but his glower clears a path in the crowds. He eyes the various items within with mostly disinterest, perking up only when coming across those things that could be used to bash another peep.

Notice! Not so hot.
[22:26] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, 1 = 1

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 11, 2015

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Baron Von Bastarrdos

The would-be Baron reaches up as he toddles after on his three legs, reaching down to his beard and parting the big that goes over the eye to see better. Not that it helps much, and he squints. "This reminds me of the time when we took the Ambergris of the Swamp Queen, why-", the topmost mouth starts, before the lower mouth hisses, "Yeah, you wanna start jawin' about nabbin' when you're eyeballin' the crap, makes me wonder why I ever clap hands with you." The upper mouth frowns. "I'm just making conversation, is all."

Yeah, that's a 2.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Toker Ace

Toker takes a bit to sightsee and see the nifty thangs before an errant thought reminds him he's actually casing the joint. But drat, there's so much stuff here! How's a person to figure out what's the really good stuff?

Well poo poo, as a smelf, he (after another few seconds of thinking), remembered the answer.

Follow Your Nose...

Since everyone rolled for crap for notice so far (and hey Gorbash! What was Hush's Wild Die result for his roll? Remember, as Wild Card PCs, we roll our trait die and our d6 Wild Die, and use whatever is higher), time to stack the deck in my favor. Instead of finding the shiniest thing, I'm finding the smelliest thing (or whatever smells the nicest, or richest, or something). So Notice d6 +2 for my Schnoz To Be Reckoned With. If this fails, my backup plan is to Smoothster up to a potential mark and try to con some info. Fingers crossed!

Result is your pick from a pair of Fives. EDIT: Forgot to add the +2 to the roll, so the grand final total is going to be 7.

Looks like Toker got a whiff of something!

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 12, 2015

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Burrowing Bob

Bob begins looking around, and feeling things with his tremorsense, trying to find something interesting. Doing a better job of it than some,, though not as much as Toker's giant nose.

Notice 2#1d6 5 on the Wild Die, 2 otherwise.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

The Heap go off to investigate the place, after about an hour they discover a few things: Several glass bottles full of swirling vapors are suspended high above the floor throughout the museum. The top floor is where the Stuff Actually Worth Something is, although you're not sure what you'll find in that secret room all the way up there. That toom is also entirely bereft of windows, and very few people are allowed access to it. The secret room is secured at night with strong bars and some sort of guardian monster. There are several ventilation shafts on the roof, although you have no idea where they might lead you..

That's what you've figured out just observing the goings on in the museum, but there are plenty of peeps around, too. The Museum will close in a few hours though, and gaining more info will take time. If you wanna figure out more now's the time to do it.

You guys can do other checks besides notice if they make sense, like Persuading guards or the like for info or investigating or whatever. You could also try cooperative rolls!

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Toker Ace

So that was the source of the smell, Toker looked up. Reeks. Odds are those could be part of the security system, some guard could crack a bottle on a perp. But then there were some pretty swanky sniffs comin' from the top floor. That had to be where the good stuffs were. Better let the others know.

Prepping up for a potential Heap Team Up

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Baron Von Bastarrdos

The Baron squints, and leans over towards Toker, his beard moving at a jaunty angle. "You know, if you could make some friendly conversation with those guards, and for no other purpose than brotherhood and friendliness, it's possible that I might stumble up those steps, clumsy as I am, and if I should happen to stumble across something interesting, who's fault would it be? Noone's, I imagine."

"He wants you to stuff their peepers with your schnoz.", the lower mouth adds. It's more of a commenter than a conversationalist. "Well, use the gifts you have and take those you don't, I always say!", the upper mouth adds.

You know, I totally forgot Persuasion was a skill when charbuilding. Ooops. So let's pull out a preemptive Stealth roll of 5, presuming we can get some cooperative antics going.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Hush Shipbreaker

Hush looms behind Toker, eyeing him. The big, gooey ex-price-o-corn gives him a nod, and punches one fist into another. If it's a distraction they need, the age old horc versus smelf thing is a ready made opportunity.

Willing to throw in on a cooperative roll.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Toker Ace

Toker looks up (and up) at Hush, and after a bit of for his brain to spark up, speaks "Yeah, that could work, man. Stage a fight, distract stuff. Cool idea, man. Plus Bob can check the stuff out to see how security is. And if we do decide to come back after business, figures some security would still be reset, right? Just watch for the reeks up above," Toker nods upwards. "I dunno what they are until the bottles get cracked."

"Now then...where's the best place to pick a fight..."

Going to go all pro-rasslin to distract guards, once Hush gives the ...well, not word, but maybe a "Smelfball Special?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Burrowing Bob

Bob waits for a distraction, then attempts to hide under a table or exhibit or something, intending to sneak up with the Baron, to scope the place out. But he might have been distracted by the distraction.

Stealthe 1d8; 1d6 2,4.

• Locked thread