Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

My mom once shut off Zelda 2 when I was very close to leveling up before I could save (which I think you just needed a game over to do?) because I was going to be late to Little League practice otherwise and boy was I mad, but she was probably doing the right thing.

later when I was on crutches for falling off my bicycle, she rented an SNES and A Link to the Past, which was a good distraction while everyone else was playing outside :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I remember finding the secret room that was part of the Nintendo Power promotion in A Link to the Past by accident, and my brother didn't believe me. Then the method to get into it showed up into a Nintendo Power magazine, and I felt justified.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4hOVb1GCfg

It makes anything outdoors and in daylight look completely bloomed out, the more "realistic" shadows don't work with these models, and the color scheme is just kinda washed out in general. It takes the more timeless cartoony look of the original and makes it look more like someone's first attempt at 3d modeling with a lighting engine that might be technically impressive but doesn't mesh at all with the models and environments.

The outdoors stuff suffers the most but it's a problem throughout (the Gohma room comparison later in the video is pretty bad).

i don't care fag

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

i dont care about which zelda games people consider the easiest to them

i'm going to murk the next retarded idiot to say something stupid about ports, emus, difficulty , skyward sword prin prin zee not being the feelsiest, and so on

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mysterious loyall X posted:

skyward sword prin prin zee

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Acne Rain posted:

i don't think i like tloz, or at least don't feel like i need to play more than what i already have

it's like the games try to have an epic plot and combat and puzzles and exploration, but the puzzles don't require thought, the combat is easy and lame, the plot is chosen one halfassed drivel (and somehow nerds find something to obsess over with it? in a game series whete every game is "there's an evil guy and your the chosen guy to defeat him"?) and the exploration is really heavily gated past the n64 games so badically it does a little of everything but nothing really well

yOURE' the retarded moron i was threatening to murk in my last post and now i'm going to

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

link should murk civvines and take their car and be like bitch take of f yo clothes bruh to the sexy and scary version of prinprin zelda from twilight princess, but then prinprin is like gently caress yOu mra and you go to a qte where you press a to kick link in the nards. iif it was also on an iphone ninty and had microtransactions it would probably be making a lot of money and get adult gamers like me with actual jobs and ltd edition timbuk2 bags to buy their poo poo and they wouldn't be dying .

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

My mom once shut off Zelda 2 when I was very close to leveling up before I could save (which I think you just needed a game over to do?) because I was going to be late to Little League practice otherwise and boy was I mad, but she was probably doing the right thing.

later when I was on crutches for falling off my bicycle, she rented an SNES and A Link to the Past, which was a good distraction while everyone else was playing outside :unsmith:

basseball is for fat sacks of poo poo and peurto ricans fucker

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

basseball is for fat sacks of poo poo and peurto ricans fucker

oh yeah?

Then how come Link himself plays it in the Oracle games? loving burned, poo poo weasel.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bicyclops posted:

oh yeah?

Then how come Link himself plays it in the Oracle games? loving burned, poo poo weasel.

He plays it in a Link Between Worlds too. I love that minigame.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

link should murk civvines and take their car and be like bitch take of f yo clothes bruh to the sexy and scary version of prinprin zelda from twilight princess, but then prinprin is like gently caress yOu mra and you go to a qte where you press a to kick link in the nards. iif it was also on an iphone ninty and had microtransactions it would probably be making a lot of money and get adult gamers like me with actual jobs and ltd edition timbuk2 bags to buy their poo poo and they wouldn't be dying .

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

i'm going to murk the next retarded idiot to say something stupid about ports, emus, difficulty , skyward sword prin prin zee not being the feelsiest, and so on

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't want to start some huge, wild debate or anything, but Skyward Sword Zelda is Nintendo's most beautiful woman.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

net cafe scandal posted:

I don't want to start some huge, wild debate or anything, but Skyward Sword Zelda is Nintendo's most beautiful woman.

This is true

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Never mind.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I keep forgetting Link between Words exists, the two Zeldas in that game were not ugly looking either.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

The Taint Reaper posted:

I keep forgetting Link between Words exists, the two Zeldas in that game were not ugly looking either.

Uh news flash.. they arent real. they are cartoons. Come on

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

net cafe scandal posted:

Nah I'm gonna have to say it's Twilight Princess Zelda. The brunette look is much more mature looking.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hyrule Warriors Zelda murders hordes and looks great doing it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

Hyrule Warriors Zelda murders hordes and looks great doing it.

its worth the $1 to make her skyward sword style

Soral
May 30, 2009

im just gonna come out and say it: skywayd sword zelda has weird looking lips

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Skyward Sword Zelda is probably my favorite design too.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

African AIDS cum posted:

Uh news flash.. they arent real. they are cartoons. Come on

They are real videogame characters who exist in a videogame.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Horse poo poo.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I like the relationship Link and Zelda have in Skyward Sword, makes it feel like Link has a more personal stake in his quest rather than just saving the world.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got stuck in Oracle of Seasons last night. I am on the Unicorn Cave Dungeon and I have everything I need to reach the boss room (only room I haven't entered on the map) but I have absolutely no idea how to get there. The door needs to have an object on a switch to stay open but there's nothing to use in the room

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

I like the relationship Link and Zelda have in Skyward Sword, makes it feel like Link has a more personal stake in his quest rather than just saving the world.
Wind Waker was good about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Smash 4 Zelda is the best, she doesn't take lip from nobody

• Locked thread