Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Dig - A new "Event Series" on USA - Synopsis blantantly stolen from its website:

The holiest city on earth has an unholy secret . . . From the executive producers of Homeland and Heroes, USA Network presents DIG, a thrilling ten-part television event. Starring Golden Globe nominee Jason Isaacs and Emmy Award-winner Anne Heche.

When Peter Connelly, an FBI agent recently stationed in Jerusalem, begins investigating the murder of a young American, he realizes that he has uncovered an ancient international conspiracy that threatens to change the course of human history. Certain that the dangerous prophecy is nearing fruition, Peter must race against the clock to unravel its mystery. From a remote farm in Norway, to an enigmatic compound in New Mexico, to the serpentine tunnels of Jerusalem, this immersive, fast-paced adventure will take viewers on a quest for a truth that will shake the world's beliefs to its very core.

Shot in contemporary Jerusalem against the backdrop of such historic sites as the Temple Mount, as well as in Croatia and New Mexico, DIG premieres on Thursday, March 5 at 10/9c. Only on USA Network.

Cast:

Jason Isaacs as FBI Special Agent Peter Connelly
Anne Heche as Special Agent in Charge Lynn Monahan, FBI Legal Attache, plus Peter's boss and casual lover
Ori Pfeffer as Detective Golan Cohen
Melinda Page Hamilton as Sandra
Alison Sudol as Emma Wilson
Regina Taylor as Ambassador Ruth Ridell
David Costabile as Tad Billingham
Lauren Ambrose as Debbie Morgan
Asi Cohen as Shem

Story follows various threads around the world that are all leading to major conspiracies to bring about the possible end of the world.

Didn't see a thread on it, and wanted to see Goons opinions of it and how weird it is to hear Jason Isaac's American accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
I have watched all 8 episodes this week and would call this a decent show.
Its like Homeland & Indiana Jones vs. the Jewlluminati

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001
The bad guys in this show are painfully inept. I have never seen anything so sloppily run as the cow operation. Why did he have to spend a week in Croatia (other than a temporary love interest)?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Lump Shaker posted:

The bad guys in this show are painfully inept. I have never seen anything so sloppily run as the cow operation. Why did he have to spend a week in Croatia (other than a temporary love interest)?

The way I understood it is this is all coordinated which is why he is in certain spots for periods of time.

Quisty
Apr 10, 2008

I like to pinch.
LOVE this show! I watched the first five episodes back-to-back, and got really hooked.

I've heard this is supposed to be a ten episode 'mini series' type-thing, but doesn't seem like they can wrap it up that quickly.

Anyone else think the former red-haired girl is somehow in on it?

Thanks for making the OP, OP!

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Quisty posted:

LOVE this show! I watched the first five episodes back-to-back, and got really hooked.

I've heard this is supposed to be a ten episode 'mini series' type-thing, but doesn't seem like they can wrap it up that quickly.

Anyone else think the former red-haired girl is somehow in on it?

Thanks for making the OP, OP!

They sure did wrap it up that quickly. Ending was very lackluster for me.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

JEEVES420 posted:

They sure did wrap it up that quickly. Ending was very lackluster for me.

For a show that was suppose to be this huge mystery the ending was disappointed. I hoped something would actually happen.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
The weirdo kid turning on the priest was good.

The badass girl turning out to be in love with the main guy was the stupidest plot twist. Just embarrassing. That and I can't believe they ended it with the cow being set free.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

hepscat posted:

The badass girl

I had a minor crush on her until she dyed her back to a standard color of the spectrum.

Overall liked the show, really liked the cast, and the red heifer was the best of all. Cute little thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
I like how they just put the baby heifer in with a bunch of bulls. That thing is going to get raped to death

• Locked thread