Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Julius Dominatus, Fallen Blood Angel

With the plasma cannon acquired, Julius returns to his suite to get his equipment chosen for this mission. Typically his heavy bolter is such a workhorse he takes it everywhere, but with it currently getting upgraded, he would have to make due without. Surveying his arms coffer, he picks what he will need. Typically he avoids close quarters combat as much as possible, but oftentimes it cannot be avoided. Given that he takes his trusty plasma pistol and bolt pistol and straps one to each hip. Next he grabs his sonic blaster and attaches it to his power pack, slinging it below. Julius was no noise marine, but he did have one of their weapons from a time when he dabbled with potentially worshiping Slaanesh in that way. Sonic weapons were loud, but it was not a noise that seemed like it belonged on the field of battle. Still, it had it's uses, and since he would be carrying enough already, the sonic blaster would cut down on the need to carry ammo.

Next came his two heavy weapons. The new plasma cannon was a must, so he got the backpack ammo supply attached to his back and the plasma gun hooked up and slung over his right shoulder, while his reaper autocannon was slung over the left. Leaving the rest of his gear in the arms coffer, he stomps from his room down to the hotel lobby, where he meets the others.

"I am ready for this expedition, if the rest of you are."

Figured my loadout looks like it's out of mass effect:
Hips: plasma pistol and bolt pistol
Lower back: sonic blaster
Back right: plasma cannon
Back left: reaper autocannon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ProfessorCurly posted:

I unfortunately don't have Inquiry. I was hoping that I could use my sheer reputation to get people to point me in the right direction with infamy, and then I could let my charm do its thing to get information from them. If that isn't viable, then I'll do an Inquiry: TN 35.

Also thanks, I didn't know they let me keep that.

Fair enough, I was just stating that in general cause no one actually offered up a inquiry roll. Your infamy can substitute. Give me a moment to stop coughing up stuff and I got you on some rolls.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Serp: you get the respirator and the microbead.

Dolor: Your might is not so great.
1 DoS on the charm though.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Perillos

After discussing the expedition to Gnosi, Perillos duly returns to the Ibiza workshop to complete his work there. He is wary of what the Q'sal want but is also eager to secure any help they may be able to offer, so he sets about preparing the last shell for their daemon. He also spends some time preparing himself for the expedition, though he came mostly prepared.

Requesting:
1. Refractor Field (TN 30)
2. Good Craftsmanship Helmet Augmentations (TN 30)
3. Good Craftsmanship Embedded Auspex (TN 30)
4. Good Craftsmanship Cranial Armour (TN 40)
5. Ritual Kit (TN 50)

Going to run a FL (Daemonology) 70 test on what the Q'sal Magister wants me to do, see if I can figure anything out about the daemon they want me to bind. +2 DoS if I succeed, spend an Infamy if I fail.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

You get the cranial armour and the ritual kit. You got a 56 on the FL daemonlogy. After I sleep, I will tell you about the terrible secrets of space.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

For Perillos Eyes Only
The daemon is a Lord of Change who goes by the name of Steven. Vularai provides 2 parts of the daemon's true name. They read as follows. You will gain a +20 from true names to bind the daemon. The base penalty from the daemon will be half of his infamy, leading to a -30 on the test. The rest is up to you and your preparations.\\
The two parts of the daemon name you know: Hu'mo|Wi'zz'er'd

Ciphrian
The Alpha Legion suit responds to your summons and agrees to provide thunderhawk transport on and off the island. When you determine an appropriate dropzone, they will need 24 hours to get their affairs in order. To be picked up, you must get a vox message out or you will be assumed to be KIA. Allow 2-8 hours depending on time of day for the Thunderhawk to arrive in the area. Extraction zone must be clearly marked by smoke. They also insist you do not call them unless you have found something worth their time, once on the isle.

Everyone else
If you accept these terms and do not wish to try again (at -10) for certain items you feel you NEED on Gnosi, then an update will hopefully be coming within 72 hours or at least me dropping by to say "sorry, still sick, need more time to be a babyback bitch in bed"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I need confirmations that you all read my last post and do not want to retry for poo poo before I feel comfortable updating.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Happy to move ahead as is.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I'm willing to move ahead and likely die horribly in melee with a daemon engine.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Made that 2 DoS infamy roll you asked of me.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I'm down to move on.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
I'm down, I think I'm good for equipment since I already had a big heavy cannon.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Also per our discussion buying unarmed warrior so I can block with the rest of me while hitting things in the face with the hammer.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
A plasma cannon and reaper autocannon is all I should need. Or at the very least is all I want to bring for thematic reasons.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Welcome to Gnosi

Victoria manages to find a survivor of an expedition. A dispossessed Iron Warrior by the name of Dick BuffStain. He tells the story of how a squad from his warband and a warpsmith were dropped on the Island. They encountered various daemon engines, cyborg mutants, and other hazards which the heavily armed squad was able to deal with. They found an entrance at the top of a mountain. What was once probably a hidden entrance was now filled in by a lake. They found an override in one of the hidden outposts carved into the east side and were able to open the hangar doors after cutting a trench through the mountain.

The deeper they proceeded within the mountain, the more hostile the environment. Heavily modified servitors, tech-assassins, and automated defenses. The taunts of the facilities machine spirit echoed in the hallways as their numbers dwindled and they were driven back to the hanger level where they extracted. By then they were down to 5 marines. 5 out of 20 that were sent on the expedition and all their wargear. They attempted to return to their ship but were shot down by their Warsmith for their failure and left on the world. The 5 marines now work on the planet as mercenaries for hire. Before you ask, they have no desire to return to Gnosi. But you have a dropzone and a secure way in.

Hex 2042 on the map is the way the Iron Warriors went in originally.The override has since been taken offline and the blast doors were intended to resist a nucleonic detonation. I’m not saying you can’t cut through them with melta weapons, I’m saying it's gonna take days. With you encamped on top of a mountain and fending off the hazards. There are other ways in and other forges on the island. This is but one but from the tale of DICK BUFFSTAIN, it sounds like a pretty significant and lethal find.

Current Points of Interests (That you can tell from old maps and tales)

Sector 6: Home to the rusting and mostly intact spires of Gnosi and overgrown with flora and fauna that is beautiful as it is deadly. Anything of value would likely be in the upper levels of the spire and could range from lost tomes to artifacts. Threat Rating: High

Sector 11: The aforementioned forgeworks built within a mountain, with its entrances hidden by lakes amongst the peaks. Advanced and proscribed cybernetic life forms thrive within its corridors, apparently following the bidding of the facilities powerful Machine Spirit. Threat Rating: Extreme

Sector 18: It is said that there is an underwater laboratory off the eastern coast of Gnosi that often received supplies from the surface. Plundering the ruins of the naval base could lead to clues as to the underwater lab’s location and the codes to get past its security. Threat Rating: Unknown

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Julius sits back, idly taking in the information presented from the rest of the group. He initially can't stop laughing when he is told there is a marine out there with the name Dick Buffstain, though he eventually collects himself. "Well I think it's a clear choice. We certainly don't have the strength of twenty astartes, even ones with silly names, so attacking the mountain facility is out of the question. I am not in favor of an under water instillation," He points to his new plasma cannon, and not so new autocannon. "my ordinance is likely to punch and or melt a hole in the side, flooding the place. That obviously leaves the spires, eh?"

The marine locks his fingers behind his head and leans back, almost falling over due to the extra weight on his back, but catching himself before he does so.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Victoria

Having every musclegroup below you head spindled, fondled, mutilated, and in the case of her arm, severed and replaced was a pretty rough friday night, even for a servant of the god of gore and carnage. For a moment there after waking up and looking in the mirror she had thought they'd dyed her purple for some reason and she'd been forced to implode the face of the nearest attendant with her new arm. Upon further reflection she realized the entirety of her skin was a giant bruise; It still hadn't cleared up and she half suspected there was some kind of company logo branded somewhere she couldn't see. At least she still looked like a human female, Victoria had heard rumors of xeno DNA being mixed in with lower grade batches. Needless to say, despite everything appearing to be in order, she is in a sour loving mood as they stare over the ruins of the subcontinent.

"Raiding the uphive leaves us with the problem of fighting our way DOWN it afterwards. I'm somewhat concerned about toppled spires. I agree with your points about the other two places though." Victoria spits and hefts her repaired chainhammer in her hand. There was still chunks of...her here and there, but by and large it was ready to smash things with two hands once again.

Lets go sailing. Buying unarmed warrior for 200 to parry with the rest of my while both of my hands are holding the hammer.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Ciphrian the Inevitable

Ciphrian grunts and drums his fingers against the table a few times before speaking. "Yes...yes, the spires in sector 6 are the best option. I'm not looking for ranged weaponry; The Sermon is all I need, and I am oath-bound to wield it in Nurgle's name. The possibility of Terminator armor is all that would draw me to the forges. As for the other area, well, we don't know what's there. Might not be anything worthwhile. Better the daemon you know, mmm?"

Ciphrian reaches under the table and pulls up two full bandoliers of grenades. "Oh, while I'm thinking of it: I picked up a good haul of anti-vehicle armaments. Each Astartes can take two Legion Krak grenades, and everyone can have 1 Haywire grenade apiece. I can only throw so many grenades at once, after all."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

On the terminator armor and the mountain forgeworks. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Victoria

"Watch it with those machine spirit killers, I don't need to remind you all that everyone but the witch is wearing a mobile tomb. And whatisface, the spook."

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Dolor

He accepts the weapons with a nod, attaching them to his waist.

"The Spires sound like a good starting point, at least. If that venture meets with success, we may use the spoils of our venture to come back in even greater force. After all, the royals and nobles of Gnosi would have made that their home - who knows what they left behind."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Ciphrian the Inevitable

"If you don't want to paralyze your power armor, I strongly recommend that you don't drop the grenade at your feet. Anyway, what really draws me to the spires is the tomes: if I can find the True Name of a Nurgle daemon, I'll be in business. The more powerful the daemon, the better."

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Dolor

"Such a place will echo with the last wishes of the former masters of that kingdom. I can imagine the regrets that linger - perhaps there will be something there for me as well. In any case, the natural abilities of our group should make vertical scouting much simpler than it would otherwise be."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Anastasia

"It sounds as if we are decided then." Anastasia says as she gratefully accepts the proffered grenades. Coming back empty handed had been rather embarrassing.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Into the Spires
The thunderhawk flies nap of the earth, screaming across the jungle treelines as it head to one of the few relics still intact on Gnosi, the spires of House Ironstag. The thunderhawk pops a hover at one of the landing pads at the "base" of the spire and deposits you all there before dusting off. "Code to reach us is Gamma Tertius 5437. Do not call for retrieval unless you have found something worthwhile to the Legion."

This map is as good as any for figuring out where you are in the spires. You've been dropped off at the space port. Descending from the spaceport will allow you to search the forgeworks in the industrial sector. Ascending will bring you into the rarified air of the noble dead. In between the top and the bottom there are residential hab blocks, medical facilities, research labs, a schola, whatever. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO PROCEED!

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Victoria

"Tromping through dead nobles might get us some information as to where valuables are elsewhere. I don't feel like marching through an entire forge level looking for scrap."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Ciphrian the Inevitable

"I agree that we should visit the noble spires, but there's nothing holding us back from robbing a few places on the way, mmm? Now, no plan survives first contact with the enemy, but I think for the moment we should try to ascend this side of the hive to the Institute of Technology and the Concordium University. Once we search those places to our satisfaction, we can continue upwards as high as we can get. From there, if things are going exceptionally well, we might be able to head down the other side and investigate the Biogenetics Facility."

Ciphrian scans the side of the hive, watching it climb beyond the cloud cover, and draws his weapon.

"All that said, we don't know what kind of defenses to expect, nor do we know the conditions inside. Centuries of neglect have probably left many routes impassible. Be ready to improvise."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Anastasia

"'Robbing' seems like a rather negative way to put it. Let's go with 'liberating'. We should liberate the things from the noble tombs before descending into the depths."

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Perillos

"While I am more interested in the forges below," Perillos says, "If this hive is like most others, it will have been controlled from the top. We should be able to find data that will assist in our explorations of the lower hive."

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Dolor

"I agree with the proposal of going to the university and institutes. The knowledge contained within might be what we need to refine our searches further - and the tomes lost within might be treasures themselves. If we feel capable we can press on, and perhaps try to leave through the spaceport. With any luck, there may be a ship there we can fly ourselves out with."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Julius does yet another check on his weapons after the land. "Yeah yeah, top of the spire, stop at places sure." He says with a dismissive hand wave as he pulls his sonic blaster out from its spot below his power pack.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I think it's safe to say this game's dead. I wanted to revive it but I just haven't been able to get back into it. Sorry, everyone.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Viva Miriya posted:

I think it's safe to say this game's dead. I wanted to revive it but I just haven't been able to get back into it. Sorry, everyone.

i lied.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Cautious optimism here. I have faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ronwayne posted:

Cautious optimism here. I have faith.

Your faith is unfortunately misplaced. I can't seem to poo poo out a post so I'm gonna just mercy kill this for now. Potentially bringing it back if I get the warhammer vibe back in me. But don't get your hopes up.

• Locked thread