Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Okay goons, I'm looking for a good way to power multiple things at the same time with different power requirements. Tablets, phone, other tablets, my chromecast, etc.

I was looking at this. Is this a decent product, should I be looking for something else? Something similar? Something totally different?

Speaking of power: Is USB pretty much going to be the defacto power charging supply for the foreseeable future? Is there anything else that might take it's place? The Wife and I are talking about possibly doing some electrical upgrades, and would it be worth it getting those new, nifty power outlet with USBs in them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I bought that exact thing and it works exactly as you would expect it to.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Your selection is correct. I have tested a lot of Anker stuff and I find it's very consistent and does what it claims to.

Also yes. USB is a good choice to standardize on

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
I too bought this exact Anker USB charger, it works great just like all other Anker products I've purchased in the last few years.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I went ahead and bought it and some of the USB cables too, and it works great so far, and of all the reviews I've read Anker is loving amazing at customer support.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Gothmog1065 posted:

Anker is loving amazing at customer support.

They are on par with Logitech for no-nonsense replacements if anything goes wrong.

• Locked thread