Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
I got a new blender after being without for a while and was wondering if anyone could share their favorite iced/slush concoctions? I would submit my own to start things:

6 oz frozen raspberries
1 tray of frozen limeade or lemonade cubes
3 shots of spiced dark rum

Blend the raspberries first until you have a thick slurry, then add the ice cubes and begin blending those in until you have a smoothie.

Add the rum last and pulse a couple times.

Makes for two tall drinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

You need to buy a copy of Beach Bum Berry Remixed and read this thread right away.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Oh man, that looks like a good read.

Done and done, and thanks!

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Just go with the classic Pina Colada. Dump the can of cream of cocount, fill it twice with pineapple juice and 3 times with white rum. Add some ice and blend. Sweet, creamy and good. Obviously, don't drink it too often since it is absurdly caloric, but it is pretty nice for a sweet fun tiki drink.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Kenning posted:

You need to buy a copy of Beach Bum Berry Remixed and read this thread right away.

I was really quite disappointed that this was not a link to the Margarita Machine thread.

Shbobdb posted:

Just go with the classic Pina Colada. Dump the can of cream of cocount, fill it twice with pineapple juice and 3 times with white rum. Add some ice and blend. Sweet, creamy and good. Obviously, don't drink it too often since it is absurdly caloric, but it is pretty nice for a sweet fun tiki drink.

1 part coconut, 2 parts pineapple and 3 parts rum? Is rum not as potent as other liquors, because that sounds really strong to me. (I fully admit to not knowing much about cocktails and liquor in general)

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I like things strong. But ~20%abv isn't really that strong since the fat from the coconut cream and the sweet-and-sour of the pineapple really hides the booze. Plus there is a lot of ice in there (forgot to mention) so you end up with something closer to 15%.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Once when I was drunk I bought a blender because I wanted a slushey right loving then and I would NEVER allow myself to be in that situation ever again.

I think I may have used it three times since then.

That's all to say, I had never thought of actually using it to facilitate drunkenness.

I am a terrible blender owner.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
All the old school tiki recipe's are super boozy but don't taste like it. And seriously don't skip the can of cream of coconut for coconut flavoring or imitation, it is so good in drinks its like magic to make delicious cocktails.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Most important part is to keep the brix regulated for the proper consistency. I'm sure someone else can explain it better than me, though.

MoonKremlin
May 6, 2015
If you aren't lactose intolerant I have a good creamy coffee liqueur recipe.

2 shots of coffee liqueur
2 cups of milk (or half and half if you're like me and have given up on all things)
1 1/2 cups of ice (smaller the better, should fill to the halfway mark whereabouts)
2 tsp vanilla extract or chocolate powder/syrup for a mocha slush

There are a whole bunch of variations on this including using powdered or brewed coffee and liquor like vodka or rum (or even Bailey's, although you'll have to increase to taste and desired strength.) This recipe assumes you're working with a larger blender, too. It serves 2 comfortably but I work though one of these alone over like an hour and then I'm useless for the rest of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Show Me A Chicken
May 6, 2007
I'll show you a geek.
I made a chocolate covered strawberry Rumchata shake for Valentine's day. Vanilla ice cream, plenty of strawberries, dark chocolate syrup, a hefty glug of Rumchata, sufficient milk to thin it out. It's an insane sugar bomb, but tasty if you get good quality ingredients and very sexy to sip through two straws on a romantic night.

• Locked thread