Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joke_explainer

I want to see everyone's cool Kerbal craft. How far in the tech tree are you guys if you played last night? Let's see some screens of your payload delivery systems. Don't worry if it's lame, just post the vehicle and the name you gave it. I'll do some tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

joke_explainer posted:

I want to see everyone's cool Kerbal craft. How far in the tech tree are you guys if you played last night? Let's see some screens of your payload delivery systems. Don't worry if it's lame, just post the vehicle and the name you gave it. I'll do some tonight.

1st day mun landing, mofos.

(and safe return, obv.)

joke_explainer

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

1st day mun landing, mofos.

(and safe return, obv.)

post the craft

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

joke_explainer posted:

post the craft

It's not much, but it's....well, it's terrible. :shrug:

joke_explainer

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

It's not much, but it's....well, it's terrible. :shrug:

It's not bad! No fuel pumps unlocked yet research-wise? I assumed you'd do asparagus-stalk style, tho I could see not wanting to do that as its a configuration that hasn't really been used IRL due to the complexity and the # of things that can go wrong

joke_explainer

Ah, I see, the bottom ones are SRBs and you can't asparagus stalk three boosters on the mid stage. Sorry, was on my laptop earlier.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

joke_explainer posted:

Ah, I see, the bottom ones are SRBs and you can't asparagus stalk three boosters on the mid stage. Sorry, was on my laptop earlier.

no worries, I haven't even unlocked the fuel pumps yet. I'm just brute-forcing everything until I can unlock some more elegant solutions.

tao of lmao

someone buy void expanse and play it with me :colbert:

treasure bear

cant get away with slamming into the atmosphere at 6km/s any more then

killer crane

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

joke_explainer posted:

Now QUICKSAVE, F5 key.

i legit had no idea you could save in the middle of a flight

joke_explainer

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

i legit had no idea you could save in the middle of a flight

you can disable it if you want additional challenge but it seems pretty valuable for learning the basics ... I'm finally starting a new game today so hopefully I'll have done screens. You try again yet Ottormotive?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I love quicksave because I forget things/am easily distracted

morning wood
im going to give the demo a shot today

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

My game keeps crashing every time I try to burn up in the sun's corona :(

morning wood
yep not for me

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

All I want to do is fly too close to the sun. If Icarus could do it a hundred years ago, I should be able to do it now.

treasure bear

it's pretty tough at first since it's rocket science but it's really rewarding when you get into it

i am he

is it compatible with mac

treasure bear

yes

i am he

dammit...

i am he

its so expensive. if you want to buy it for me thats fine though.

Scaly Haylie

*kicks down the door*

why the gently caress isn't the thread title a pun about launching

treasure bear

Lizard Wizard posted:

*kicks down the door*

why the gently caress isn't the thread title a pun about launching

we videogame spacemen have evolved beyond puns

killer crane

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

joke_explainer posted:

you can disable it if you want additional challenge but it seems pretty valuable for learning the basics ... I'm finally starting a new game today so hopefully I'll have done screens. You try again yet Ottormotive?

Yes, I was up until 3 am because i lost track of time. i started a new career mission, and orbited mun. I'm sure i'll be wasting more time this week trying to get a lander down. It's nice to know if my guy gets blown up when trying to land I can just load my last save instead of trying to restart from the launch every time.

joke_explainer

Re-entry is throwing me for a loop. All the little doodads I use to stuck to the sides of my capsule heat up and explode. Still haven't lost a kerbonaut though.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

joke_explainer posted:

Re-entry is throwing me for a loop. All the little doodads I use to stuck to the sides of my capsule heat up and explode. Still haven't lost a kerbonaut though.

Yeah, me too. I'm trying to use the service bays, but they get wobbly and break my ship apart. Sometimes at MaxQ, and sometimes for no reason.

ron color

i am he posted:

dammit...

:milk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
i'm playing daggerfall

• Locked thread