Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

zen death robot posted:

I think it's hosed up to have Johnny Cage do a fatality on his own kid so I don't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Durrr! Durrrrrrrr!!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

You're such a loving idiot you didn't go out and buy a 500 dollar console for one single game when that game was also available on the PC.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

If the game versions were kept current on PC there would be absolutely no reason why it would matter that the console version is used at tournaments anyway.

You don't understand. It's not like the PC lets you use whatever controller you want. It's not like the versions are exactly the same in terms of frame data and whatever bullcrap. If you play on the PC there is 0 chance you'll ever be able to play competitively at any console based tournament.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

zen death robot posted:

it wouldn't but they got some really bad studio to handle the port for some hosed up reason

They did an okay job with MK9. Online was hosed in that game but it was already hosed on the consoles anyway.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Nobody plays fighting games on the east coast.

They had a Super Smash Bros 4 tournament in DC back in December.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

You don't understand. It's not like the PC lets you use whatever controller you want. It's not like the versions are exactly the same in terms of frame data and whatever bullcrap. If you play on the PC there is 0 chance you'll ever be able to play competitively at any console based tournament.

You can't use every controller. I can't get my PS3 stick to work on Windows 8.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

They did an okay job with MK9. Online was hosed in that game but it was already hosed on the consoles anyway.

Yeah, MK 9 and Injustice were solid PC ports.

And there's plenty of well done fighting game ports on PC, so I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

fadam posted:

Yeah that 15 gig "console parity patch" was just for shits and gigs. Get real bro.

Weren't some people on PS4 literally unable to start their game?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

You need some drivers for that to kinda trick the game into thinking you're using a 360 controller. I'm not sure what they were since I snapped my gamestop PS3 usb controller in half and just picked up one of those logitech controllers. I think its like motioninjoy or something.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

You need some drivers for that to kinda trick the game into thinking you're using a 360 controller. I'm not sure what they were since I snapped my gamestop PS3 usb controller in half and just picked up one of those logitech controllers. I think its like motioninjoy or something.

I did that on my laptop (Windows 7) and was able to play KOFXIII with it but after building a new PC the same software and combinations just don't work anymore. The device isn't even recognized by the computer anymore

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My HitBox works fine.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

i thoyt most newer ps3 sticks worked natively on pc. i know my hrap does

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Cool, I didn't lose my save and I got back all the mobile costumes through an updated .ini, game still runs fine, I'ma call it good after they fix that memory leak.

I still want free poo poo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

man nurse posted:

Cool, I didn't lose my save and I got back all the mobile costumes through an updated .ini, game still runs fine, I'ma call it good after they fix that memory leak.

The free poo poo is you got your save back.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

The free poo poo is you got your save back.

No one got their save back, I was just smart enough not to launch it between updates, so it didn't get wiped. I had already lost it once before.

I would encourage people to disable the steam cloud save, that seemed to be the culprit in previous cases.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

man nurse posted:

Link to the updated ini? I lost all my costumes, mobile included.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

DrPaper posted:

Link to the updated ini? I lost all my costumes, mobile included.

http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/download/file.php?id=4128

this'll get you all the mobile unlocks, the previous one i linked is rendered inert by the new patch, so everyone should grab this

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

They're giving the Krypt unlock to everyone who lost their save. Message them if you didn't get one yet.

This was the right move and a smart thing to do. Hopefully they won't cock things up so much anymore.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Why do I need to watch a cutscene or extended move requiring no input from either party every few seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Why do I need to watch a cutscene or extended move requiring no input from either party every few seconds.

Because the game is bollocks

• Locked thread