Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But first I'm going to go into Xrd practice room for an hour and try to learn her air combo and figure out how to do IAD .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

But first I'm going to go into Xrd practice room for an hour and try to learn her air combo and figure out how to do IAD .

tap 9 then 6 real fast.. the timing for jump cancelling j.d can be a bit finicky, but it's the same idea.

her basica corner carry combo is (far, close, crouch does't matter) s, 2h, jump cancel, j.s, j.d, IAD, j,s, j.h which leads to a knockdown. u can also mash j.b or j.a in between stuff or replace the j.s with j.a/b, or rc if you're having trouble with the timing, wow. you can also extend that with the pin into 6h after the last j.d while you're airborne but i can't hit w/ the pin consistently (u have 2 do it fast and bee close enuff.)

one of her trials is that combo also. some of them are pretty good 2 use in matches, some of them aren't (mostly the ones that require super jump cancelling...) bye.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

The trick to doing an IAD I've been told, never actually was able to do it consistently, was to do a 896 motion instead of a 866

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I do IAD in GG by doing 9 then 6 in quick succession, the timing in combos can be weird though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How about I just 619 my opponents into a coma

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i h8 number notation but here we are.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's not really a better way to say it though. It makes posts incomprehensible to most though lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

there is a better way to do it. it's called we're not japanese so u can type things like qcb, and qcf, and not think it's a sports drink from lawsons. but whatever.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i don't understand any of this, but i like the numbers better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

there is a better way to do it. it's called we're not japanese so u can type things like qcb, and qcf, and not think it's a sports drink from lawsons. but whatever.

I'll do this.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

In Training posted:

Lol. I'm down for some Ultimax tonight, and I want to see this in action, if you have it unlocked. In pretty sure player rooms let you use boss ver online for fun.

Nah, only ones I unlocked were Akihiko and Kanji's versions and they're kinda boring by comparison, Aki stays at max cyclone meter and has lightning fists permanently on, and Kanji takes out 3/4 of your life bar in one grab and his sweep has him flying full screen with super armor

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
Number notation isn't hard to read, just look at the numpad on your keyboard and what motion you have to make to get between the numberrs

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

Number notation isn't hard to read, just look at the numpad on your keyboard and what motion you have to make to get between the numberrs

What's a numpad

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Look on the right side of yor keyboard, Bees. It's the numbers that lined up 3x3

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Seriously though i have to Google search numpad. None of my keyboards have one.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

Look on the right side of yor keyboard, Bees. It's the numbers that lined up 3x3

Laptop and a TKL.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Google image search, i mean.
I know what a numpad is!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I feel so fine
Fighting sticks
I'll pick Chun-Li

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

I feel so fine
Fighting sticks
I'll pick Chun-Li

thank u

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

I feel so fine
Fighting sticks
I'll pick Chun-Li

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

net cafe scandal posted:

I feel so fine
Fighting sticks
I'll pick Chun-Li

0 i pick rolento

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

everythingWasBees posted:

Google image search, i mean.
I know what a numpad is!

Hmmm

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I feel so fine
Fighting sticks
I'll pick Chun-Li

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

net cafe scandal posted:

I feel so fine
Fighting sticks
I'll pick Chun-Li

good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I feel so fine
Fighting sticks
I'll pick Chun-Li

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I feel so fine
Fighting sticks
I'll pick Chun-Li

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

tap 9 then 6 real fast.. the timing for jump cancelling j.d can be a bit finicky, but it's the same idea.

her basica corner carry combo is (far, close, crouch does't matter) s, 2h, jump cancel, j.s, j.d, IAD, j,s, j.h which leads to a knockdown. u can also mash j.b or j.a in between stuff or replace the j.s with j.a/b, or rc if you're having trouble with the timing, wow. you can also extend that with the pin into 6h after the last j.d while you're airborne but i can't hit w/ the pin consistently (u have 2 do it fast and bee close enuff.)

one of her trials is that combo also. some of them are pretty good 2 use in matches, some of them aren't (mostly the ones that require super jump cancelling...) bye.

this is what I've been messing with , and that j.d IAD is the tricky part...I've gotten better at pressuring in corner and getting people into the air, and I can regularly get a solid chunk w/o the j.d, just something like j.k j.p j.s j.h that does alright, or whatever combination I mash out by accident before getting the knockdown with j.h.

What's something you can do off her grab? I've been trying to mess around with it and outside of having her rose super on it doesn't have an obvious follow up...maybe something with rc and dash up?? I'll keep messing with it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My thumb hurts too...drat good feeling. I'll stop for the day and play Ultimax with ppl later.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

In Training posted:

this is what I've been messing with , and that j.d IAD is the tricky part...I've gotten better at pressuring in corner and getting people into the air, and I can regularly get a solid chunk w/o the j.d, just something like j.k j.p j.s j.h that does alright, or whatever combination I mash out by accident before getting the knockdown with j.h.

What's something you can do off her grab? I've been trying to mess around with it and outside of having her rose super on it doesn't have an obvious follow up...maybe something with rc and dash up?? I'll keep messing with it.

quote:

Similar to her throw in #Reload as it provides knockdown, and a limited ability to combo afterwards (much more limited than in #R). Can hit a far 5S on Faust and possibly a 2P or 5P on others. Most players just take the knockdown and do a running disc.

that's all I can find online, just jumped into training mode to try it and 5S actually doesn't work too well on Faust. What I did find is that you can do 5K after throw to go into an air combo with her without RC, on Faust at least, but after the 5k you have to jab in air then dash to get in close enough to continue. Results may vary on the rest of the cast, but give it a shot next time

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
can be done from anywhere too, not corner-specific :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

that's all I can find online, just jumped into training mode to try it and 5S actually doesn't work too well on Faust. What I did find is that you can do 5K after throw to go into an air combo with her without RC, on Faust at least, but after the 5k you have to jab in air then dash to get in close enough to continue. Results may vary on the rest of the cast, but give it a shot next time

hmm word, makes sense. Honestly the knockdown is great for her especially since it reverses sides and I've used it to reverse corner pressure really quick and start dropping discs again

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I feel so fine
Fighting sticks
I'll pick Chun-Li

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

this rgb controller doesn't work from the rj45 while the micro usb is plugged in :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I made a new FG thread because Evo is over and the depression has passed due to SFV beta http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732507&perpage=40

It's been a wonderful 69 days. Topic locked.

• Locked thread