Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
they should just add an extra digit to the number. so instead of being 555-1234, it'd be 123-45678. if you weren't paying attention, you wouldn't even notice that it wasn't a real phone number, like you could with a 555 number. it would be way less immersion-breaking, and would make movies better imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage For The Winjun

thats why we have area codes dummy

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
to be or not to be?

not to be

killer crane

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

that's dumb because there are county codes, and dialing 12345678 would reach you the numebr 234-5678 in the country code 1+ (US, or whatever)

ham_sanitizer

professional swine bather
in movies they should use forums poster literally this big's phone number. it'd be less immersion breaking.

blinking beacon nose

birthday frog comes bearing gifts and special birthday wishes
they should just not use phones

alnilam

You can use any size number it will just call whatever number is the first 7 digits

alnilam

That's why you can have 1-800-LONG-WORDS and it still works

fuck. marry. t-rex

They should just text or local-band the contact info

fuck. marry. t-rex

Hey babe what's your number?

*i hold out my phone and she taps mine's rfid with hers repeatedly :wink:*

nonazis

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.
they should just buy a phone for every number they use, and have the number constantly playing random trivia about how the film.

Mapparu

why dont they just list the number for popcorn time

GEExCEE

can you imagine how annoying it owuld be if they used real phone numbers in movies

GEExCEE

I bet really popular characters, like Owen Wilson and Yoda would have their phones ringing off the hook!

google THIS

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/almighty-phone-mess/

pig slut lisa

irl is good

pig slut lisa

irl is good

pig slut lisa

irl is good

dogcrash truther
GFDUCK MOBVIES!!!!!!

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn
420 is the area code for the czech republic

how common of an occurrence do you think it is for some slavic dude to pick up the phone and hear some blazed out anglo kid on the other line

Noctis Horrendae

Rodatose posted:

420 is the area code for the czech republic

how common of an occurrence do you think it is for some slavic dude to pick up the phone and hear some blazed out anglo kid on the other line

CZECHS ARE NOT SLAVS.

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
so are you saying not very likely? like 10%

Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
they should have every number start with 666

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn

Noctis Horrendae posted:

CZECHS ARE NOT SLAVS.

I thought they are of west slavic descent

circ dick soleil

by zen death robot
"they should use a different numeral system wherevar numbers are involved and explain how it works through a lot of exposition so as to build up full immersion for the benefit of the viewers at home" -george rr martin

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland

by XyloJW
867-5309

----------------

• Locked thread