Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
d0 u browse dank memes
hell yea bro
gently caress you moo cow
View Results

• Locked thread
du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
oy, listen up my true yospos niggaz:

dis the thread where u post ur og 2003-ish specs for ur comps.... if ur like most nerds still stumbling forward to the glory of the dying forum yospos, then u were on sa in 03 or even in like 08 when the pos opened

neways, i dare u to live up to this dankness:

home dextop specz:
-- some sort of celeron 2.4
-- 1024mb ram across 8 sticks
-- asus motherboard that i was dumb enuogh to buy (it shorted like literally 5x but they kept sneding me a new one for free --- pwnd asus
-- nviduh gforce fux series poo poo or sth, i used linux and wine so it didnt atter b/c i couldnt run poo poo
-- netgear network card

-- custom configured install of gentoo, w/ custom fluxbox and self written network and gui tools (plz look @ my avatar for details), b/c i had no friends in hs
-- did not get laid until 18

home server configz
-- yo ma nigga u runt l337 if u dont got home sever
-- athlon 700
-- 512 mb ram
-- 2x40 gb hdds @ 5400 rpms (b/c they last longer of course)\
-- custom configured server compilation of gentoo using headless gcc configuration then custom individual makefiles and install options for DANK SPEED & EFFICIENCY

so,,, gentlemen,.,. iis ur dilz up to the task...... tbe task to beat the dankest 'legacy' configs.... or r u a bill gate$ pussy bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
didnt read

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

pram posted:

didnt read

dont care

:pram:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
that too

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

nontechnical woman and child spotted

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
server config ca. 2003
-- dual Pentium III 866 MHz
-- 512 mb ram
-- 5x?? gb hdds @ 5400 rpms with some terrible hardware IDE raid card (Promise I think) doing RAID 5
-- Win2k3 server

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Hed posted:

server config ca. 2003
-- dual Pentium III 866 MHz
-- 512 mb ram
-- 5x?? gb hdds @ 5400 rpms with some terrible hardware IDE raid card (Promise I think) doing RAID 5
-- Win2k3 server

hm thats p dank......

why win2k3 srver.... what could u possibly be doing that could not be done betetr on *nix

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
on that box actually I had a friend help me install debian (I think it was sarge or potato) and I was like "lol, I have no idea how to navigate this crazy text editor" and "omg how will I ever remember this sequence of making stuff" so I put debian on it, then since I was a CJ for my school district I got a copy of 2k3 server to install on it instead. At college I finally got the hang of vim and *nix is cool now.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I ran Roger Wilco server off my buddies of VAIO desktop and that noip.com thibg

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
opteron 1.8GHz, poo poo was expensive but doable due to a price fuckup on mwave.com for the motherboard. it was a magical time when poo poo like that actually happened.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

300Hz blue and white G3 with Mac OS X Panther, is what my fuckaround computer was in 2003.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I had to buy a modem for it.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

not just any old PCI modem; a special modem, designed specifically for the blue and white G3.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it had USB, which was a big deal, and it also had FireWire.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

but it didn't have a modem, so I had to buy a modem.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that was my 2003 fuckaround computer.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
sounds like a real piece of poo poo (directed at everyone)

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it was.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

i think i had a pentium pro with a scsi card, hell if i remember, i was in college and drinking a lot

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i had a pentium II 350mhz, 128mb ram, nvidia geforce something or other, that i used as a file/web server. it was pretty terrible at that point and couldn't do much else.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you didn't already have a retina iMac

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Last Chance posted:

i had a pentium II 350mhz, 128mb ram, nvidia geforce something or other, that i used as a file/web server. it was pretty terrible at that point and couldn't do much else.

woah bro..... check ur timeline...... this thread isnt about 1993!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

lol if you didn't already have a retina iMac

yeah heh.. heh *shifty eyes*

• Locked thread