Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Tantris

Tantris keeps his hand on his dagger, ready to help Hjlmar, who really doesn't seem to know the meaning of stealth, if it's needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Hjlamr

"Quiet now. Where's the captain's quarters?"

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.
He nervously points to the right.

"One floor up...towards the bow...please don't kill me...what do I need to do...please, you can have the boar, I'll make it for you...just please..."

He's terrified and easily bends to your will.

mugrim fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 12, 2015

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Salazar of the Wastes

"We won't hurt anyone who stays out of our way. Just forget we were here, don't mention anything to anyone, and you'll be fine. Salazar turns away from the cook and looks back to his fellow escapees. "Let's keep moving. Nothing to fear from this one."

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Examining the nearby area, things seem fairly quiet. The cook is quivering in fear and the sailors seem more than happy to remain in their room. There are two doors on the way to the stairs. One to your left and one to your right as you advance forward. Unfortunately both are right across from each other and are clearly open and lit. Likewise, the sailors in the barracks seem to have turned off the lights in their room from what you can tell.

pre:
Slave and storage
Kitchen  barracks
door 1      door 2
       STAIRS

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

bump

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

bump again. I need to know what you all want. You could try and get better weapons from the soldiers quarters, or go up stairs to the captain

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
If we are all sneaking along, instead of just the stealthy character, then I would suggest going to the solider's quarters and trying to get better gear, though that might involve some fighting.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Everyone is sneaking along. You can group sneak in the soldiers room.

You can also barricade them in, or potentially just kill them all.

You do smell a ton of rum, they may be out like a light.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
We could light fire to their breath, blow the ship up.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

If I don't hear anything else in a couple hours, we can begin the attempt to sneak into the soldiers quarters.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Data issues from storms, sorry

You sneak in the sailors quarters. The lanterns are off entirely, this shift looks exhausted. You find your way around with relative ease.

You hear snoring that's almost as loud as the water outside. You get particularly greedy and grab a small linked chainmail set. It rustles loudly, but no one seems disturbed. They saw logs as you ransack their supplies.

Any amount of daggers you would like, as well as:
2 Scimitars
1 Falchion
1 Long Spear
1 Short Spear
5 Heavy Crossbows (50 arrows)
1 Chainmail

You make your way to the stairs without provoking further investigation. As you head up you see the opening and the long dark hall way. This one seems longer but it's hard to tell. Lots more doors line this hallway than the last, though they look mostly like they're open. Right next to the stairway is the end of the hall, and right near where your head is popping out is the door to what must be the captain's quarters.

Two men walk up and down the hallway. They're close to you but they do not see you.

You hear them speaking but they're quickly getting away from you.

You have enough time to either make a sneak attack on both with minimal noise, or to eavesdrop on their conversation. Once they're further down the hall though, you'll be exposing yourself to anyone who's in one of those rooms and it will be considerably harder to sneak by.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

bump!

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Another bump!

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Ilikan

If no one steps in first Ilikan grabs the chainmail and the falchion and equips them. Then he leads the others onward. When they stop to let the guards pass he pauses, listens for a bit, then gestures to the others to jump in with him. Then he rushes forward to silence one of the guards before they can give alarm.

Trying to keep this going and maybe a bit of combat will call them back, also man no one in #nameless.
Still not sure if I get the +1d8 from being medium on Powerful Charge or if that goes up to +2d6 as if I was large from the Powerful Build feature of my race.
Rolling under the assumption of 1d8.
Charge the guards silently with falchion 1d20+7+2 25 for 2d4+6+1d8 15 slashing damage.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Tantris

Tantris, having taken another dagger, joins Ilikan in engaging the enemy sailors.

So, I'm a little confused as to what's going on here, because I thought Hjlamr was ahead of us, taking the lead, and we were all one round away from him? But if that's not true, attacking a sailor.

Attacking the sailor, dagger in each hand. I have two weapon fighting and weapon finesse, so my adjusted attack roll is +3 for both weapons.

Attacking the sailor: 1d20+3 10 1d20+3 12
Damage: 1d4+1+1d6+1d4+1+1d6 18 If I hit. That's 7 for the first blow, 9 for the second

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Salazar of the Wastes

Salazar nods silently and takes up the spear, his large size enabling him to use it in one hand alongside the shield, electing to support his allies from a distance this time. He makes an early jab at the nearest sailor to him.

Been really busy with work and am a little confused with what's going on, but I'll do my best to play along!

Ready Manuevers: 2#1d5 1 2
Crusader's Strike and Vanguard Strike are ready.

Vanguard Striking a Sailor, 10ft range:

Vanguard Strike vs. Sailor: 1d20+6 18
If that hits, everyone gets +4 to hit the guy I hit.

Longspear Damage: 1d8+6 7

Edit: I'll also use a swift action to adopt IRON GUARD'S GLARE stance. Anyone I threaten with the spear takes -4 to attack my allies.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Epicurius posted:

So, I'm a little confused as to what's going on here, because I thought Hjlamr was ahead of us, taking the lead, and we were all one round away from him? But if that's not true, attacking a sailor.

As a general rule, if you're sneaking I'll let you guys rush on someone.

With the coordination of a pack of dogs the group sneaks up on the two guards before they can get down the hall and shower the floor in blood.

Two scimitars as loot, as well as a set of keys

Down the hall way there are six doors. Right next to where you are is what appears to have all the markings of the captains quarters. You press your ear against it and hear strong labored breaths, possibly snoring.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

bump

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Sneak down the hall looking for more items, or go to the captains quarters you're right next to?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Ilikan

Ilikan picks up the keys, then quietly turns to the others. "Do you feel ready to try the captain? Or would you rather continue looking for weapons and armor? I am up for either."

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Anything else before you go inside?

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Tantris

"I don't know that we're ready. We could always search some of these other rooms. On the other hand, the longer we wait, the more chance we have of losing our surprise, which would be bad.", he whispers. "If we're going to go in and confront the captain, we need to be quiet and fast. Can we do that?"

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

You hear someone snoring in the captains quarters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Salazar of the Wastes

Salazar grimaces. There was no better time than now, when the captain was audibly asleep. "We must all move as a group. The other large one and I should be able to prevent him from crying out. Take the ring and we will hold a blade to his throat while we talk through this dilemma. The others can guard the door and distribute our belongings to the original owners. We should do it now while we know he is asleep."

With that, the half ogre moves to open the door unless anyone stops him, planning to move quickly to prevent the captain from crying out should he wake.

this game is too promising to die, I'm going in unless anyone stops me

• Locked thread