Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Ikasuhito posted:

That's odd, Why is he not being dickish just to spite them? His smug apathy is the nicest anyone in the military has been to them.
Probably because he's middle-management at this point and thus has to do his job with the tools he has. There may even be recognition of Kurt's tactical prowess in there but if so it's quite hidden.

Now if their actually commander/overseer was there he'd probably be like:
'They're not accepting any Civilians? Then you go in as prisoners.'
'Or we could use civilian knowledge of the lay of the land to find an altern-'
'NOPE! Prisoners. Those are your absolute orders.'

Smug apathy actually allows them to do their job better (although they certainly won't get the reward they want unless they impress past that.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Well, I guessed right about Cosette showing up here, but I didn't think Avan would show up as well. At least we don't have to put up with his laugh.

You know, we have met everyone who is going to be important within the next two years in this world. How did this group manage to be forgotten by history?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

BlazeEmblem posted:

You know, we have met everyone who is going to be important within the next two years in this world. How did this group manage to be forgotten by history?

Objectively, the Nameless are just military with fancy black uniforms. They don't do anything special as far as the difference between spec ops and army. Same as say the Navy Seals, ultimately people won't remember someone they met like in one operation among many.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I'm also suprised that smug toady isn't being a dick to Kurt just because.
Also I hope Avan is nowhere as bad as he is in VC2. :v:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

radintorov posted:

Also I hope Avan is nowhere as bad as he is in VC2. :v:

I doubt even the makers of this game could make him remotely likeable.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The blond guy was a bit more smug in the other translation, but the rest of it didn't make sense so I didn't put it in there. The other translation in fact is basically putting brackets and confusion notes every other line, I think he was drunk around this part of the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Where were we?

Oh right, that thing.

Where's Avan? He hasn't come back, yet?!

*At a distance*

Oh, what's this? Some poor fools trying to shoot my dear Echidna down?
I guess I shouldn't expect much from civilians. Such a pointless resistance.
Oh well. A quick city roast will serve as a warm-up for Anthold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jajqru_t_k&feature=youtu.be

gently caress you, Clocktower???

Where in the gently caress did the Ravens pull this poo poo out of....

*Nameless arrive*

drat, we were too late!
No! You scumbags! How dare you attack our city!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *Charges in*
Avan, stand down!

So this is the first time we're going to the left on the chapter map, and quite a distance we did to help Avan. Makes me wonder how the hell did he run all that way and the city's still standing.

So, this mission is either the hardest or the easiest depending on if you brought a Medium tank with you. The Echidna has like 3 anti-infantry guns and 2 Heavy Armors, basically killing anything that moves within a very large radius of the camps you have to capture.

However, a Medium tank is basically invincible against this and the anti-vehicle shots Lydia uses on her turn. Basically, have the Medium tank be a makeshift cover and it's a pretty easy mission.

Leon's Notebook: +10 HP/+5 accuracy

Hot-Blooded: Increase defense at half AP or less.
Unprecedented: Increase Anti-Infantry at half HP or less.
Left the Nest: Increase accuracy. anti-infantry/vehicle when detecting enemies.
Hungry: Can't move at Half AP or less.

WOW. Avan is great except for literally the worst Potential in the franchise. So he's bad. The worst part? He doesn't start in the camp, so you HAVE to use him or you effectively only have 4 deployment slots for the mission. GREAT. Thanks, Avan.

Avan, calm down!
How can I?! They attacked a village without any military in it!
Just stop and take a glance at the tank. Look at it. Do you have a plan on single-handily stopping that?
Tch!
If you want to take it on yourself, I won't stop you. However, you might want to listen to my plan if you want any chance to destroy it.
Alright, I'll listen to whatever you say.
Good. Now obviously, we can't launch a successful frontal assault on that tank. Eliminate the troops around it, and cut off its ammo and fuel. Then it'll be just be an overgrown metal house.
Got it!

I'll pulverize you!

So you can see how valuable the medium tank is here, with the extremely small map being helpful for an otherwise super low AP vehicle. You CAN try to destroy the Echidna turrets, but the mission isn't disabling it, so it's a waste of CP.

Hey, that makes sense!

Not sure on 2-turning that, you insane game.

Should we retreat now, Miss Lydia?
Hmm, unfortunately. It's not fun to continue playing with a broken toy.

And to think that old geezer had grand plans....
Who do you mean?
The old guy with glasses, Gregor.
Eh?! I, I see....
Sound the retreat. At least we don't have to worry about being pursued.
Yes, Ma'am! Right away! *leaves*
The Nameless, eh? They're as good as he said they were...drat!

*Time passes*

We only managed to get here so quickly because we weren't under army orders.
Huh? Then are you part of the Militia?
Nope. Just leave it at that.
You know, my older brother's in the Militia! His name is Leon Hardins! Do you know him?
Sorry, but we usually act in solo operations.
Well, if you ever managed to see him, just pass him the message that I'm working my hardest....and to "Never Give Up!"
Are you worried about him?

He sounds like quite the reliable person.
Yeah, he's the best!
If I ever have the chance to meet, I'll be sure to relay your message.
Thanks!
Now that Yuell's liberated and Mellvere's saved, southern Gallia should be much safer now.
I'm sorry that your town was dragged into this war.
Don't worry! It's like the saying goes, "To solve by hand is faster than to solve by thinking!" Our rebuild will be fine.
That's true, I guess.
Haha, it's just something I learned from my brother!

Coincidentally, the supply base for the Imperial Army in the South was also liberated.
In addition, due to the large force was pushed back during the attacks on Mellvere, General Lydia and her troops retreated to the North by sea.
And so, the Gallian Army's counterattack finally began...

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I wonder if we actually do meet the brother. It would be a neat way of continuity, to meet characters mentioned but never seen in the other games. (Though whip-lady sorta is that already)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Wait so he gets a ton of buffs at Half AP but also can't move?

:psyduck:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

BlitzBlast posted:

Wait so he gets a ton of buffs at Half AP but also can't move?

:psyduck:

Half HP and AP. I imagine the increased defense is supposed to make him not die when you hit the half AP.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

Half HP and AP. I imagine the increased defense is supposed to make him not die when you hit the half AP.

Except Potentials don't trigger on the enemy phase, so he's just real bad. I basically had to pray he didn't trigger it on the way to the first enemy base.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Man Avan seems like the worst here. Imagine if he had that Potential in VC2! The game would be practically unplayable!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Brony Hunter posted:

Man Avan seems like the worst here. Imagine if he had that Potential in VC2! The game would be practically unplayable!

You're implying it isn't already. :razz:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That was pretty textbook Avan, really. A dude with huge drawbacks who you have to use but at least he's not a total waste of space.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
2-turning this mission is pretty brutal. You've got to move fast and kill hard...oh, and IIRC she uses Baldren's bullshit Recall order to revive everyone, so you need to also make sure to walk over the corpses to remove them. And there's a tanky Ace. And you've got a grand total of 10 CP to do it! A couple good Snipers and a high level Scout make it tolerable, at least.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is the LP still continuing?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sorry, probably not. My new job and school takes up a lot of time. Also a bit less motivated when there's another LP going on, which is fine because I just wanted VC3 out there in some way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Here's the other (V)LP if you're looking for it.

• Locked thread