Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dangersim posted:

Mendes is going to get stopped early

Sexy Carlos willing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

If Chad can't effortlessly wrestle him and / or tries to strike with him there's a really good chance he could be stopped in the back half of rounds 3,4 or 5. I fully expect Chad to be able to effortlessly wrestle him.

But.. but.. all of those impressive wrestlers that Conor has fought such as:

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
On July 11th wrestling ruins everything.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If Conor steamrolls Mendes the thread is going to poo poo itself inside out

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

EmmyOk posted:

If Conor steamrolls Mendes the thread is going to poo poo itself inside out

do you expect something different if the opposite happens?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pimp Cauldron posted:

do you expect something different if the opposite happens?

Yes, the majority definitely expects Chad to win.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

If Chad can't effortlessly wrestle him and / or tries to strike with him there's a really good chance he could be stopped in the back half of rounds 3,4 or 5. I fully expect Chad to be able to effortlessly wrestle him.

Dangersim posted:

I don't at all

i get that conors big and strong with a nice reach but theres no way we've seen enough of conor against top shelf wrestling talent to predict that hes good enough to stop mendes? what would you go by to make that assumption?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

i'm disappointed but mendes/mcgregor still rules

It does but the leadup is all wrong. If UFC had more time they could drum up interest the right way but the fight isn't going to get out from underneath the disappointment of Aldo vs McGregor being cancelled.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

EmmyOk posted:

Sexy Carlos willing

*mendes gets hit with a weak jab*

Dana: "ring the bell god drat it!"

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Here's the breakdown

1. Conor has never fought a top level wrestler

2. In the fights he has had, he has not shown any sort of wrestling deficiency. He's pretty much gotten everybody down he wanted to get down, and hit a sweet lateral drop against Brandao, who can grapple a bit. On the ground he's been just as dominant as he has been on the feet.

What does this mean when he fights Mendes? Who knows. I doubt he gets effortlessly ragdolled though.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Dangersim posted:

I don't at all

Why?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I feel that its hosed up that everyone was demanding Conor prove himself by beating Mendes to prove he's a top fighter, then some cool people here successfully convinced them of a smart opinion that maybe it would be cool to see McGregor fight Aldo, and now its slid to the other side of Mendes being a disappointing fight

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chad also has the Siver advantage of being so short he just walks under Conor's kicks without ducking, truly great fighting genetics.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Conor superfan.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dangersim posted:

Here's the breakdown

1. Conor has never fought a top level wrestler

2. In the fights he has had, he has not shown any sort of wrestling deficiency. He's pretty much gotten everybody down he wanted to get down, and hit a sweet lateral drop against Brandao, who can grapple a bit. On the ground he's been just as dominant as he has been on the feet.

What does this mean when he fights Mendes? Who knows. I doubt he gets effortlessly ragdolled though.

well almost nobody gets effortlessly ragdolled unless they fight nurmagomedov

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I won't be surprised if Mendes gets him down. I just don't think he's going to get him down enough to dominate him. From what I've seen he's got good hips and td defense, and the reach advantage he'll have is 8 inches, which is Jon Jones territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
New one: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3728798

• Locked thread