Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

gently caress off, you can dress up for cold.

The Florida sun is loving brutal. My car A/C blows ice cold, but it still takes like 15 minutes to draw the cabin down to a comfortable level just due to the latent heat radiating from every surface. I get cabin temperatures of like 140 in anything but fully cloudy skies. And you can only dress down so much for comfort when you're walking around, especially when you're a fat piece of poo poo like me.

I get goddamn 85 degree temps inside my garage, and that's with the garage door closed.

You'd think growing up here would acclimatize me to this poo poo, but nah, especially with my phosphorescent irish skin, which has 3 levels of "tan": pale fish, mildly spotty banana, and bright red tomato. Usually the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Anything over 75 or any kind of humidity and I sweat like a pig. I changed shirts three times at work today and should wear a bathing suit.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Enourmo posted:

gently caress off, you can dress up for cold.

This man knows what's up. you can put on more clothes if you're cold, but you can only take off so much if it's too hot.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

MustardFacial posted:

This man knows what's up. you can put on more clothes if you're cold, but you can only take off so much if it's too hot.

There is this thing called air conditioning. I live in it.

Enourmo posted:

The Florida sun is loving brutal. My car A/C blows ice cold, but it still takes like 15 minutes to draw the cabin down to a comfortable level just due to the latent heat radiating from every surface. I get cabin temperatures of like 140 in anything but fully cloudy skies. And you can only dress down so much for comfort when you're walking around, especially when you're a fat piece of poo poo like me.

I get goddamn 85 degree temps inside my garage, and that's with the garage door closed.

This is why they make covered parking and garages! But yea, even with full insulation (including the door) the garage is pretty warm in the summer, which is why my hobby room is inside of my air conditioned house, not out in the garage like goofy married guys have to put it.

The older I get, the lower I keep the thermostat in the house too. I used to be happy in the low 80's, but now I'm down to 77 degrees. Thanks to solar, I don't give a gently caress either, since I still produce more on-peak power than I can ever use, so even though I've got a cool programmable thermostat, it's just got the same temp in every slot for every day. :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

The Locator posted:

There is this thing called air conditioning. I live in it.

I don't have a garage. Hell I don't even have a paved driveway or a paved road. Whatever that nasty rear end lovely asscheek-sticking-together weather is outside? Yeah that's what I'm wrenching in.

gently caress heat. I can dress for cold. At a certain point if I try to take more off to deal with heat, I either get indecent exposure citations or die of shock/blood loss.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Locator posted:

This is why they make covered parking and garages!

Covered parking is basically nonexistent around here (and any tree shade is usually taken up by the time the sun is really out), and... well, I live at my mom's house and the garage is full of poo poo, and even if it had room for one car it would be hers because I'm not that much of a douche.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

kastein posted:

I don't have a garage. Hell I don't even have a paved driveway or a paved road. Whatever that nasty rear end lovely asscheek-sticking-together weather is outside? Yeah that's what I'm wrenching in.

gently caress heat. I can dress for cold. At a certain point if I try to take more off to deal with heat, I either get indecent exposure citations or die of shock/blood loss.

After two years of working in a gravel driveway, I think I would rather work in mud than gravel. At least it's soft.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Anything over 75 or any kind of humidity and I sweat like a pig. I changed shirts three times at work today and should wear a bathing suit.

Yea me too, I bring like 3 shirts to work when its humid and change them all day. I still hate cold more though because it can be painful, heat just sucks but at least it doesnt hurt.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Wrar posted:

So my new to me 330i needs VANOS seals. God drat it. Oh well, it was inevitable.

Well, sounds like a perfect opportunity to convert it into a Spec E46.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
It's supposed to be Spec Daily so no.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Goddamn I love adhesive remover. Finally managed to scrape / chisel off the lovely adhesive gunk that held on the door trim bits on my P71 before I popped them off thanks to copious amounts of the stuff and a flat bladed paint scraper. It looks wayyy better now, though I still need to rivet some patches over the holes in the rear doors and the one in the roof, and maybe sand off the remaining chunks and hit it with some rattlecan white. And eventually pop out that big loving dent in the driver's side front door from the deer...

God I love owning a beater some days. I don't have to baby it or worry about door dings / scrapes because it's already been thrashed on and it's still solid enough to get me around with zero issue :allears:

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

The Locator posted:

I used to be happy in the low 80's, but now I'm down to 77 degrees.

:gonk:

My thermostat is set at 65 degrees year round. I threatened bodily harm to the last person who said "No wonder it's so cold in here, let me turn your thermostat up." Whiny babies need to buy a loving sweater.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
We just had the worst hail storm I've seen in my 8 years of living here in Tucson.

2 minutes and now the 635csi is covered in dents, the scion xb is also covered in dents and needs a windshield now too. Wife didn't have a chance to check out the m3 but that car is already ratty, and then there's the 242, which was perfectly straight but not insured at this moment.

I'm so sad I just want to leave work early and drown my sorrows.

That 635csi was the nicest car I've ever owned, and the original paint still shined wonderfully. I've been working on the daily e28 and that's why it wasn't in the garage.
I'm so made at myself right now.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

mafoose posted:

We just had the worst hail storm I've seen in my 8 years of living here in Tucson.

2 minutes and now the 635csi is covered in dents, the scion xb is also covered in dents and needs a windshield now too. Wife didn't have a chance to check out the m3 but that car is already ratty, and then there's the 242, which was perfectly straight but not insured at this moment.

That 635csi was the nicest car I've ever owned, and the original paint still shined wonderfully. I've been working on the daily e28 and that's why it wasn't in the garage.

poo poo, sorry man :smith:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

rndmnmbr posted:

:gonk:

My thermostat is set at 65 degrees year round. I threatened bodily harm to the last person who said "No wonder it's so cold in here, let me turn your thermostat up." Whiny babies need to buy a loving sweater.

I'd freeze to death. I was born in Phoenix, grew up with nothing but a swamp cooler until I was about 18, and then worked outside off and on in various parts of the construction industry for most of my life until just over 5 years ago.

mafoose posted:

That sucks. Nobody who lives here in Arizona really expects damaging hail.. ever. Sorry about your cars.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

mafoose posted:

Ugh, christ man, that sucks. Hailstorms are loving terrible :(

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Tomorrow is supposed to be 112*.
Thats 44.4*C.

Cooling trend this week though, Supposed to be down to 98 for the 4th.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

mafoose posted:

drat man, thats wicked sucky :(

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hey, Nitrospazzz, at least you didn't have it this bad in the Kettle Bottoms last year :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft0NF1tBbIM

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Locator posted:

That sucks. Nobody who lives here in Arizona really expects damaging hail.. ever. Sorry about your cars.

I do, but only because we had a Grand Voyager that got absolutely pummeled by hail back in the early 90s. It was also a straight up shitheap since even though it was only four years old when we traded it on another GV, it had already blown one transmission and leaked/burned oil rapidly enough to be three quarts low on a four quart sump.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

mafoose posted:

That sucks. I lost my ranger 4x4 to a severe hail storm a few years back. Cost me $17k to buy, only got $13k in insurance back for it.

MustardFacial posted:

That's too hot. gently caress You.

Bullshit. The only warm day there is 34. Anything above 35C is hot.
28-30 is a perfect day.

Mooseykins posted:

Dunno where in the country you are but i saw 34 degrees and we're forecast a week of high 20s to low 30s. Today was too hot to spend 10+ hours in a van delivering poo poo.

Takes about 2 weeks to get used to it though. A week long spike that goes away does suck. I suffer every late november when the heat first builds up, but after a summer of 40C, april with 28-32C is perfect weather.

E: Right now it's 20C days, 5C nights. loving cold, every time the sun comes out I run outside for some skin cancer rays to warm up.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 1, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

mafoose posted:

Sorry to hear it, dude. Hailstorms are the worst :(

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I work outside in all the weather, I can take cold, I can take heat, give me a blizzard, hell I'll work outside with no rain jacket in a downpoor, I'll be out in that poo poo no problem.

But gently caress cold rain. 34-37f rain is utter hell.

Rhyno posted:

Pretty much. His nephew (guy I know and heard this from) told me he went out celebrating his return to 4 wheels the night he got his licence back ad ran through his neighbors bushes on his way home. So I guess it was inevitable.

You just can't fix stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
THREAD IS OUVR

• Locked thread