Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

They'll just pull a Twin Peaks and wait 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Jerusalem posted:

Welp, the dying embers of my hopes and dreams for more Hannibal just roared back into life against all sense and reason, even considering I was perfectly happy with the ending we got :shobon:

I'm in the same boat, if we get more awesome. If we do not, the ending I have is is a good ending, and I have no qualms against it.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Fuller's already doing American Gods and Star Trek, so I can't see it happening the next two years.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Also, I can't see a scenario where Mads schedule isn't even more packed in the next 2-3 years than it is now. The demand for the guy is only going to keep going up once Rogue One and Dr. Strange come out.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Basebf555 posted:

Also, I can't see a scenario where Mads schedule isn't even more packed in the next 2-3 years than it is now. The demand for the guy is only going to keep going up once Rogue One and Dr. Strange come out.
Hope so, but he is a villain in a marvel film and outside of Loki they have not been great and who knows how big his part in Rogue one is.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
While we wait, here's something suitably Hannibal-esque: a list of illnesses whose victims you can eat. Notably encephalitis isn't on it, but presumably you could if you took care to avoid eating the brain or nervous system.

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/thirty-illnesses-sorted-according-to-whether-or-not-you-can-eat-the-victims

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Interesting how HIV is fine but AIDS is a big no-no.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Janice Poon's Feeding Hannibal cookbook is available for preorder:

https://www.amazon.com/Feeding-Hann...G49F6VVDJ3B1Z9P

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I recently bought the Blu-Ray boxset and slightly marked the box taking off the security seal :saddowns: Also I have realised that emoticon is Will Graham.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Alris posted:

Interesting how HIV is fine but AIDS is a big no-no.

Well that's how the first guy got infected originally. That, or loving the monkey.

Apparently common cold is out too? Seems like a perfect excuse for avoiding being eaten by a cannibal.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The first footage for American Gods just dropped, I'm only mentioning it here because Crispin Glover channeling Hannibal as Mr. World is seriously freaking me out.

[

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
1. Yikes that is terrifying.

2. Two episodes into season 2, my roommate has sheepishly told me that she can't keep watching Hannibal with me because it's giving her terrible nightmares. OOPS, sorry Becca

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

showbiz_liz posted:

1. Yikes that is terrifying.

2. Two episodes into season 2, my roommate has sheepishly told me that she can't keep watching Hannibal with me because it's giving her terrible nightmares. OOPS, sorry Becca

I was watching it with a friend and Alana/Hannibal was the end of her

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A friend who watched it through roughly half of season 1 said that Will was really unsettling. I can't imagine how :stare: their reaction would have been if they'd finished the season.

American Gods looking pretty great though!

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I was hanging out with my med-student friend while she was catching up on the show when suddenly a super rude costumer started yelling at the waiters next to us. My friend started reciting a recipe under her breath.
TBH I was never as happy about her going to school in another country as I was at that moment :tinfoil:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I just started watching this recently and I'm halfway through season 2 so far and I have to ask - is Miriam going to improve from this obnoxious useless shell-shocked character - or at least die off quickly? I liked her in the flashbacks last season but she's just annoying as hell with her screwed up seriousface eyebrows every few minutes, and refusal to line up the silhouettes in her memory with anybody nearby.

thestiffler
Jul 28, 2016

I liked the way it ended tbh and i'm not sure where it can go from here, logically its at the silence of the lambs stage now which means no more Will and an entirely new dynamic, they also already did the "Hannibal in an institute" storyline so I don't know how it would play out again, would feel like re hashing it all to me.

While I was said they cancelled it the more time I have had to let it wash over me the more I realize it was a good thing.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

thestiffler posted:

I liked the way it ended tbh and i'm not sure where it can go from here, logically its at the silence of the lambs stage now which means no more Will and an entirely new dynamic, they also already did the "Hannibal in an institute" storyline so I don't know how it would play out again, would feel like re hashing it all to me.

While I was said they cancelled it the more time I have had to let it wash over me the more I realize it was a good thing.

The show ended in a great place and I agree it's probably better it finished on a high with a satisfying conclusion rather than going into a full blown ~~murder husbandos~~ arc or whatever and running Hannibal's (the character) immunity to the plot into the ground.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

coyo7e posted:

I just started watching this recently and I'm halfway through season 2 so far and I have to ask - is Miriam going to improve from this obnoxious useless shell-shocked character - or at least die off quickly? I liked her in the flashbacks last season but she's just annoying as hell with her screwed up seriousface eyebrows every few minutes, and refusal to line up the silhouettes in her memory with anybody nearby.

no one say anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Golbez posted:

no one say anything

I'm doing that thing where Hannibal half-smiles like one hairwidth and raises an eyebrow an atom.

• Locked thread