Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This whole season definitely felt like they had no clue what they were doing. It just meandered and never really went anywhere with any of the plots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

muscles like this? posted:

This whole season definitely felt like they had no clue what they were doing. It just meandered and never really went anywhere with any of the plots.

I had no idea that was even the finale, it felt like a penultimate episode that was setting poo poo up for the big war in the finale. I was actually pretty excited for next week haha

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

With all the talk of the pods it's really odd that they didn't resolve the fact that Jason had two just kind of hidden in a house.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

With all the talk of the pods it's really odd that they didn't resolve the fact that Jason had two just kind of hidden in a house.

Hah it would have been great to have the Queen send an Adam and Eve abbey to the future in the extra pods.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
That was one sloppy wet fart of a non-ending and personally I hope it's cancelled but if it comes back I'll watch it, probably

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I swear the show went out of its way to kill off the surviving cast from the first season. And what a shitshow of an ending; No trip to the fireworks factory Abbie invasion, just a closing shot of a happy baby-raising Abbie mother because....? :confused:

NmareBfly posted:

I'd kind of like a third season too, honestly. S2 had a rough start and some seriously dumb bits but I liked where it ended overall and there's potentially-interesting territory to explore when people wake up again in another 10K years. In a way a third season might be in sort-of-prequel territory, in that we never got much about originally building the town / getting infrastructure in place / exploring the world. That's way more interesting than the 'life under hitler youth' bent of this season.

Main sciency question is about lack of gene pool diversity but whatever. Maybe there are a bunch of backup embryos that got frozen that Pelcher never told anyone about because the writers hadn't thought of it yet.

A lot of this is just because I really like post-post apocalypse as a setting and there aren't that many examples of it around.

I kinda want to see a third season too, because I looked up the books the show is based on, and getting the gently caress outta dodge via the cryotubes was how the last book ended. I was honestly hoping we'd see them wake up to find Abbies with their own modern-day civilization or something, and not just a ten-minute wet fart.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Second season was better than it had any right to be and most of the new characters owned but what a wet fart of a finale that was.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Stunt Rock posted:

Second season was better than it had any right to be and most of the new characters owned but what a wet fart of a finale that was.

Watching Jason have a pure gut-wrenching moment of self-disgust as he realized he'd been loving his own mother and trying to have a baby together was one of the funniest goddamn things I've seen in ages.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
How much storage do they have in the mountain? Are they just 3d-printing cars, glass and the thousand other things they just waste?
Season 1 where they exile the two dude, in a working car was a big wtf example.
I can buy a reactor being around to provide power...what about stuff that expires though like fuel and even batteries?
Are the helicopters also in cryopods?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe the book goes into detail but yeah going by the show none of the stuff about how they store things makes sense. Especially with the episode this season where they showed that things just kind of sat around for the entire time.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Did anything come of the abbies building the wood tower things or did they really just do nothing after the female got up and yelled?

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Maybe the book goes into detail but yeah going by the show none of the stuff about how they store things makes sense. Especially with the episode this season where they showed that things just kind of sat around for the entire time.

That episode that showed the computers, tvs and other equipment being protected from the outside world...with a couple a louvered wooden windows?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

When you get right down to it, nothing they have should have survived that long with how it was portrayed.

You would need a sealed bunker in a geologically stable area. You would then either have to make a perfect vacuum or flood the space with either an inert gas or a gas that's almost inert (like nitrogen).

It would have to be like 5 9's pure and have zero moisture.

But then again, they have functioning cryo tech so...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bull3964 posted:

When you get right down to it, nothing they have should have survived that long with how it was portrayed.

You would need a sealed bunker in a geologically stable area. You would then either have to make a perfect vacuum or flood the space with either an inert gas or a gas that's almost inert (like nitrogen).

It would have to be like 5 9's pure and have zero moisture.

But then again, they have functioning cryo tech so...

Hell, just have them filling the entire mountain interior with the same black preservative powder.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The cars came from the people they captured. Which is odd, why Pilcher had to keep capturing randos instead of just gaining legit volunteers. Like he had a core of volunteers who agreed to be there, and build everything. And the whole first group, a lot of them were volunteers. But he just waylaid people for like 5 years or so and threw them in his mountain before shutting it all down and going to sleep...

It does explain why the cars they actually repair and use are older models, and not the 2010s that they probably have the most of--easier to fix and run. Also explains why a lot of the stuff in the town was so low tech and looked very 70s-ish. Still though, while it stretches credulity that their stores and stocks could survive 1000 years, for them to go back under for 1000s more years, it's gonna be dumb if they have hardly anything intact. And hopefully they wouldn't try to build the same drat dumb town.

I wonder if the Abbie babby at the end was to show that they survived the germ warfare? Or was it more human looking, perhaps a hybrid if Abbies and the surviving humans mated? There's a lot of cool scenarios they could do when they come out of the mountain again. I'm hoping they get a 3rd season. I'm far more intrigued by it than I would have been a 2nd season based off what we saw at the end of the finale last year.

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

The human-ish baby was totally the beard-y secret service guy's kid, I bet. They never went back to him after Marge told her minions to gently caress off. Or maybe they just dropped his plot because it's actually a bad show.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Maybe season 3?

http://www.slashfilm.com/wayward-pines-season-3-idea/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I would like to see an adaptation of Blake Crouch's new book, Dark Matter (although yes, they would have to change the name.) It's about a college physics professor who gets kidnapped and has his place taken by an alternate universe version of himself who invented a machine for travelling between realities. The main character eventually gets access to the machine and starts dimension hopping, like Sliders, trying to find his home reality. The twist is (big spoiler) that every time he travels to an alternate reality the nature of the multi-verse causes a duplicate to be created and since those duplicates also have machines that let them travel between universes this causes some big problems. Namely that when he finally gets home there are also multiple versions of himself who all view themselves as the "real" one who are all vying for one life.

• Locked thread