Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pig slut lisa

irl is good

can a robot snipe?

e: phew. still safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

quoting because nobody got to see how great this robot enters doors...

pig slut lisa

irl is good

that's fake. if you look closely, there's a jump cut where they switch to a stunt guy.

Looke

i think you are forgetting one robot who defied all odds and became a legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POxMp61Ksbk

Al Borland

by XyloJW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEZBJUPs1lg
They're getting angry.

But still falling over!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Looke

http://www.aspcr.com

Should robots have the same rights as you or I? What rights do you and I enjoy because of our intelligent, self-aware status? These questions are complex, but they will certainly have real-world consequences for robots at some point in the not-too-distant future. Should robots reach the level of self-awareness and show genuine intelligence, we must be prepared to treat them as sentient beings, and respect their desires, wants and needs as we respect those things in our human society.

Failure to recognize and grant these rights to non-human artificial intelligences would be similar to early western cultures' failure to recognize the humanity and attendant rights of non-European peoples. Outward differences in appearances should in no way affect our ethical treatment of self-aware, intelligent beings.

Unfortunately, this is not always the case, even today. It is, sadly, a simple matter to find people who still deny the basic rights of certain peoples to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. What chance does an intelligent machine have to secure these rights?

It is the hope of the ASPCR to raise the awareness of these issues of intelligence, self-awareness and the ethical considerations which are an essential component of these conditions.
Towards this end, the ASPCR hopes to outlne a Robotic Bill of Rights, and eventually establish a lobbying board to further these rights in the body politic.

If this still sounds a little too "futuristic" for you to credit, remember that the ASPCA (The American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), when founded in the 1890's, was ridiculed and lampooned mercilessly for daring to assert that "dumb" animals had certain rights.

Yet now, just a century later, the ASPCA has many chapters around the world, an extremely active lobby in Washington DC, a yearly budget in the tens of millions, and a massive physical infrastructure (including their own police, investigators & prosecutors) to ensure that animal cruelty does not go unpunished.

As we draw closer to a time when self-aware artifical intelligences become a reality, the mission of the ASPCR will become more and more relevant, and hopefully can ensure that the rights we take for granted as humans will apply equally to ALL intelligences, "artificial" or not.

Al Borland

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9FbrmZapZM

2 spooky 4 HUMANS

----------------

Al Borland

by XyloJW

Its too late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzZuIqnRQEo

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jun 8, 2015

----------------

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
What if we make them smart enough to kill humans... but not smart enough to invent robot weed?

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Like what are they gonna do, build a space empire with robot megamonuments on every planet?

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Robots are big nerds who are into coding and their megamonuments will be dumb and made of code (invisible)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Bukowski

hammulder
Battlebots are cool though

Battlebugs are REALLY cool

Commie NedFlanders

I built a competitive robot once

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

GoodbyeTurtles

thats lovely, thanks

google THIS

dpj's robot: BEEP BOOP ALLOW ME TO SHARE MY OPINION ON--

other robot: NOOOOO *activates self destruct mechanism*

cuntman.net

robots are really good actually. who cares if they fall down a lot they can fall down all they want and not get hurt because theyre made of metal

poverty goat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5c3Qtcr_w

robots good

blinking beacon nose

birthday frog comes bearing gifts and special birthday wishes

Bukowski posted:

Battlebots are cool though
robots are only cool when they're trying to destroy each other

the only good robot is a destroyed robot

GoodbyeTurtles

I could beat a robot in an arm wrestle easy

GoodbyeTurtles

Robots are pathetic, they are weak and have poor taste

Ace of Baes

google THIS posted:

dpj's robot: BEEP BOOP ALLOW ME TO SHARE MY OPINION ON--

other robot: NOOOOO *activates self destruct mechanism*

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Robots are pathetic, they are weak and have poor taste

Robots are actually usually very strong and have no taste whatsoever as they are unthinking machines, idiot.

----------------

GoodbyeTurtles

I could kill a robot with one finger and you know it

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
You can't, as they aren't alive in the first place. Please consider yourself friend.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

problematic hug

• Locked thread