Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
In Portland there's a local chain called Voodoo Doughnuts. They're know for having a wide variety of unique donuts (a bacon-and-maple syrup donut, a Nyquil donut) and Voodoo-themed décor (for a chunk of change you can have a mess of donuts served to you in a miniature wooden coffin).

They also have a Voodoo Doll Donut; a tasty jelly donut, shaped like a voodoo doll, with a pretzel-stick "pin". Cute, right?

Problem is, large numbers of the homeless population have been dying from heart attacks, strokes, and all sorts of other "sudden death" diseases. And most of them aren't what you'd expect; skate-punks, teenage weed-dealers, and street kids are being killed by the kinds of diseases that only hurt the old or infirm.

The media is blaming some kind of new flu, but I worked behind a VD counter and crunched the numbers; the number of kids dying and Voodoo Dolls sold matches *exactly*.

I don't care if it's some kind of cosmic accident, or some sick charger is growing fat off the deaths of kids. This needs to be stopped. You in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me
Saint Patrick didn't actually drive the snakes out of Ireland, he just made it so that no-one on Irish Soil could see them. Now that drones and the possibility of close-up aerial photography is looming, vast stretches of Ireland are becoming barren, as the rolling fields of green grass are vanishing, or perhaps hiding once more.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Every year Time magazine releases the List of 100 Movies You Need to See Before You Die. Sounds like some kind of stupid publicity thing; maybe an easy way to line their pockets by allowing the movie production companies to pay money to have their films featured on the List.

It's not completely bullshit though. As long as you haven't seen any of the 100 movies on the annual List, you're guaranteed that you won't die for another year. The trick is that they always put some cutesy kids movies on the List, so that by the time you're old enough to understand how important the List is, you've already seen at least one of the films.

I heard from someone else who is familiar with the List, that you can permanently avoid death if you manage to watch all 100 movies that were included in the original publication of the List. That's arguably harder though, because the first issue of Time magazine to include the List was published in 1972 and it included movies that almost nobody has seen, and you have to watch the movie in the format for which it was originally produced (most were likely shown in a theater with a reel-to-reel projector); good luck finding film canisters with a copy of "The Day the Clown Cried".

• Locked thread