Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Orv posted:

Several trillion. It's stupidly complex in terms of NPC stories.

Hell yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Genocyber posted:

They have the same item, and the same rank rewards (ranking in one might even count for the other, not sure). Only difference is a slight difference in appearance.

What difference is that?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Orv posted:

Well that's sufficiently disquieting, good job that guy.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Pwnstar posted:

Hell yes.

I can also only get off if there's a complex narrative.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I think my PSU just died, a corsair cx600 should be able to handle a gtx 970 right ? I recently upgraded my gtx 570 and everything was going fine until my computer just turned off out of nowhere, I was watching some youtube video. It doesn't turn on again, the lights go on for a few seconds then it's off again

I'll probably go hollow now :negative:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Make sure your power plug is firmly attached. I'm serious, I had your problem until I more firmly secured my power connection.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

If it does end up being the PSU and not just something that needs to be reseated, I think a cx600 should be fine. I'm running an rm650 and it handles mine with no issues, so

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

SO CUTE!

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Gologle posted:

Make sure your power plug is firmly attached. I'm serious, I had your problem until I more firmly secured my power connection.

Xenothral posted:

If it does end up being the PSU and not just something that needs to be reseated, I think a cx600 should be fine. I'm running an rm650 and it handles mine with no issues, so

Good news, started to look at all the plugs and turns out it wasn't the PSU ! :ohdear:

Orv
May 4, 2011
:stare:

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

ZZZorcerer posted:

Good news, started to look at all the plugs and turns out it wasn't the PSU ! :ohdear:

Jesus.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

ZZZorcerer posted:

Hot drat

Pen Express
Sep 23, 2009

ZZZorcerer posted:

What am I looking at?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pen Express posted:

What am I looking at?

Electrical engineering body horror.

(One of the prongs came out on the plug. E: Came out is maybe putting it gently.)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ZZZorcerer posted:

YOU DIED

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Came out because it melted the plastic, when I tried to take the plug out the prong was stuck there.

Nothing that a meat hammer, knife and pliers wouldn't solve

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

stay safe ZZZorcerer

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ZZZorcerer posted:

lmfao goons killing their pcs befor the game even comes out . epic .

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Well the good news is that a new cable and power bar are way cheaper than a new power supply

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
lmfao i cant get over the amount of pcs desroyed trying to get dark souls ready :margeball: margeball for fallen soldiers

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

:caro:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
haha, I guess PC building is the real souls-like :D

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Let this be a lesson to you: Whoever says building PCs is fun and easy and cheaper than just buying one is only right on one of those things.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Made worldwide release thread since it's out tomorrow at 6PM Est on PC.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771816

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
fuuuck 24 hours *shoves a pipe, toaster, and a pile of hay cut into lightning bolts into pc*

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gologle posted:

Let this be a lesson to you: Whoever says building PCs is fun and easy and cheaper than just buying one is only right on one of those things.

it is easy and cheaper, not sure abouit fun

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gologle posted:

More like none of those things, really.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Genocyber posted:

They have the same item, and the same rank rewards (ranking in one might even count for the other, not sure). Only difference is a slight difference in appearance.

What difference is that

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

What difference is that

Blue sentinels are a slightly lighter shade of blue.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Weird

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PC is definitely cheaper, I spent $600 on my Gaming rig when the Xbox One came out, and I haven't dropped a dime since. Still can play poo poo at the super high fidelity and everything.

It's also fun if you like playing with lego's. If you do not like lego's, or can't understand color coded pieces that are impossible to plug in incorrectly, yeah that won't be fun.

It's not easier then console gaming. Not in a long shot.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PC is definitely cheaper, I spent $600 on my Gaming rig when the Xbox One came out, and I haven't dropped a dime since. Still can play poo poo at the super high fidelity and everything.

It's also fun if you like playing with lego's. If you do not like lego's, or can't understand color coded pieces that are impossible to plug in incorrectly, yeah that won't be fun.

It's not easier then console gaming. Not in a long shot.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
20 hours and 16 minutes until Dark Souls 3

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

This rules dude. I'm loving exhausted just watching you make it over nine hours and you sped it up! Insane determination to not run yourself ragged and take a break

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
For me it's actually only ten hours of waiting since I sleep for more or less ten hours :smug:

...those last ten hours are gonna be like first date anxiety all over again

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Turtlicious posted:

20 hours and 16 minutes until Dark Souls 3

25 hours 5 minutes on PS4 unless I'm wrong about a midnight EDT release

edit: there's a countdown in the PS4 menu

Filthy Hans fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 11, 2016

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Noticed someone posted a couple pages back about them pushing some small update through steam for the preload, any chance this fixed that first bonfire CTD I've been hearing about?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Noticed someone posted a couple pages back about them pushing some small update through steam for the preload, any chance this fixed that first bonfire CTD I've been hearing about?

Hm... I'll boot up the game and check, one moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
YOU DIED

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771816

• Locked thread