Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

right fuckin here that's where

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you should watch the video on the shenmue kickstart page

he talks about deciding to do kickstarter, and then just starts talking about "ability scrolls" for a while, you dont need to practice moves any more you just unlock them. why does he talk about this. then they show a conversation that i guess is supposed to be taking place in game. and then they talk about stretch goal villages

and like thats it

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
yeah, it's a pretty weird video, but given everything, I suppose this is still early works. Most gaming Kickstarters already have funding and just need a boost, so if they are saying "This game isn't getting amde if we don't get backed," I'm guessing they are pretty much starting from scratch.

that said, I will back the gently caress out of this game. but not too much because I can't afford that sweet loving jacket.

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

he talks about deciding to do kickstarter, and then just starts talking about "ability scrolls" for a while, you dont need to practice moves any more you just unlock them. why does he talk about this. then they show a conversation that i guess is supposed to be taking place in game. and then they talk about stretch goal villages

and like thats it

he probably just doesnt 100% understand how this kickstarter thing is supposed to work

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

elf help book posted:

and like thats it

if you don't think this is the most perfect way to introduce shenmue 3 into the world then you can eat my entire rear end

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
If it weren't one of the most anticipated sequels ever that kickstarter video would probably have gotten them $5 in sympathy cash

instead they're two thirds of the way to $2mil and it hasn't been six hours yet

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Pomp posted:

if you don't think this is the most perfect way to introduce shenmue 3 into the world then you can eat my entire rear end

its badass

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLRWL0s0l10

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

:agreed:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i unironically hope that shenmue 3 takes zero lessons from open world game design past whatever year Morrowind came out.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

SM64Guy posted:

its badass

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
This will be the greatest game of all time.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Pomp posted:

i unironically hope that shenmue 3 takes zero lessons from open world game design past whatever year Morrowind came out.

morrowind is the pinnacle of open world rpg in my opinion so they could do a lot worse

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART
Why is this a Kickstarter? And announced during Sony's event? And not coming to any other console? Or listed as a possibility or stretch goal? Some fishy deal between Sony and Ys Net...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's coming to PC so who cares about console exclusivity.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

me irl

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

They tend to congregate in dockside bars.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Shenmue 3: Rise of the Vending Machines

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I am going to buy so many winning soda cans

e: lol it has already reached its goal

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jun 16, 2015

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte likely knows.

Adbot