Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I've noticed that you never seem to use Pearl's main attack, and one of the commentators even said, "Man, Pearl sucks doesn't she?" But it kind of seems like her normal attack is the most efficient damage-dealing move in the game aside from Amethyst versus a group of more than four enemies.

Against the scorpion dudes, the rocket fists did 25 damage per fist, 20 on a lucky splash hit. So that's 45 damage total for 5 stars, or 9 damage per star.
Garnet did 11-15 damage per normal hit, for two stars, So 10-15 damage per star.
Pearl's fireball is just awful, especially when you concentrate fire on a single enemy, limiting the amount of status effects you inflict on the enemy team. 12~ish damage per hit, almost 20 on a lucky, three fireballs for 5 stars means you're doing almost 8 damage per star.
When you use Pearl to normal attack, which only seems to happen when there's nothing else you can use a star for, she deals 7~ish damage per hit, up to twelve on a lucky. That's 15-20 damage per star. It's by far the strongest thing you can do on any group of three or less monsters.
And that's because Amethyst's whip did 7-8 damage per enemy, 13 on a lucky. So three stars gets you 15-25 damage per enemy. 1 enemy = 5-8 damage per star. 2 enemies = 10-15 damage per star. 3 enemies = 15-20 damage per star, and 4 enemies gets you a whopping 20-25 damage per star, more or less.

It's funny, because the game acts like Garnet is the strongest character on your team. She's big, and has all these tough moves, and deals the most damage per punch. But, in actuality, she deals the least damage overall when you factor in the star cost. The game pulled a fast one on you! :v:

Edit: Or, to trim all those :words: down. Amethyst and Pearl deal similar damage, Garnet deals a little more. But star costs mean that Pearl's weak, cheap attack is actually the most efficient damage source in the game!

Double Edit: Ok, I watched later in the video, and noticed that Pearl straight-up does 1 damage against some enemies that Garnet can wail on. I guess she's just better against low-defense enemies?

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 26, 2015

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Captain Bravo posted:

I've noticed that you never seem to use Pearl's main attack, and one of the commentators even said, "Man, Pearl sucks doesn't she?" But it kind of seems like her normal attack is the most efficient damage-dealing move in the game aside from Amethyst versus a group of more than four enemies.

Against the scorpion dudes, the rocket fists did 25 damage per fist, 20 on a lucky splash hit. So that's 45 damage total for 5 stars, or 9 damage per star.
Garnet did 11-15 damage per normal hit, for two stars, So 10-15 damage per star.
Pearl's fireball is just awful, especially when you concentrate fire on a single enemy, limiting the amount of status effects you inflict on the enemy team. 12~ish damage per hit, almost 20 on a lucky, three fireballs for 5 stars means you're doing almost 8 damage per star.
When you use Pearl to normal attack, which only seems to happen when there's nothing else you can use a star for, she deals 7~ish damage per hit, up to twelve on a lucky. That's 15-20 damage per star. It's by far the strongest thing you can do on any group of three or less monsters.
And that's because Amethyst's whip did 7-8 damage per enemy, 13 on a lucky. So three stars gets you 15-25 damage per enemy. 1 enemy = 5-8 damage per star. 2 enemies = 10-15 damage per star. 3 enemies = 15-20 damage per star, and 4 enemies gets you a whopping 20-25 damage per star, more or less.

It's funny, because the game acts like Garnet is the strongest character on your team. She's big, and has all these tough moves, and deals the most damage per punch. But, in actuality, she deals the least damage overall when you factor in the star cost. The game pulled a fast one on you! :v:

Edit: Or, to trim all those :words: down. Amethyst and Pearl deal similar damage, Garnet deals a little more. But star costs mean that Pearl's weak, cheap attack is actually the most efficient damage source in the game!

Double Edit: Ok, I watched later in the video, and noticed that Pearl straight-up does 1 damage against some enemies that Garnet can wail on. I guess she's just better against low-defense enemies?

That might be true and focusing on it could even be an effective strategy through the whole game, but it'd be seriously unsatisfying and very boring. Remember that doing this means you have to tap like 15 times a turn doing the same thing with a very basic slash when you could be tapping less for explosions that do much bigger numbers.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, there's a surprising amount of strategy here for a $3 phone game, but it also seems like you get enough items to pretty well tough it out.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I always just used the Spear toss/energy blasts for most things since I remember Garnets special moves being kinda annoying to use after awhile.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
After I finish my finals next week I can get back to this but I would like to let you all know SU:ATL is free on iOS right now.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

They key
is to make it.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Fantastic, I was needing something to listen to while I went through the boring pile of paperwork today. Glad to see this LP is back.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
Mico you are a monster.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
This has been the single greatest episode you've done.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

We're done here.

Mico fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 11, 2016

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

You totally skipped the ending cutscene. You monster.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Uh I guess it just didn't play?

I had to splice in the intro cutscene from a different youtube video because i couldn't get droid4x to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Good job bagel sandwich.

• Locked thread