Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
More offensive
Jay Briscoes views
Jay Lethals hats
View Results

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they are determined to position lethal as the heel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Man, there have been a LOT of dick-shots in this PPVS.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

epitasis posted:

they are determined to position lethal as the heel

I mean, it'd be weird for a guy aligned with Truth to be positioned as a face. If he keeps getting face pops it might be a good idea to split him from the HoT, but I expect this is just a result of people being tired of Briscoe as champ.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

WOAH

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what heroism by lethal!!!!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

AAAAAAAAAAUGH

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yayyyyyyyyy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Great match, second half of that show was awesome.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

That was excellent and LEthal winning the belt is cool

I wonder if they're going to create a new TV champ, let him defend both, or retire the belt for now?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Great match, second half of that show was awesome.

Yeah

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Right Jay won.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Terrific match. He's so genuinely happy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jay Lethal: Ring Of Honor Champion just feels so weird to type.

Would y'all recommend the replay, or skip it?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I was kind of disappointed by the show in general, but everything after War Machine v C&C is worth watching.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
The right Jay won.

Lethal ya go on an' show 'em.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
That loving ruled

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The last 3 matches were pretty drat strong.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Second half of show was great, really liked the fade out during the "YOU DESERVE IT" chants

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
A face turn for Lethal seems inevitable considering that crowd reaction to him winning.

Also, I saw a gif of the finish and is it just me or does Lethal's Jay Driller look way better than Briscoe's?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
that driller through the table was loving nasty and i loved it. great match. meh card, but what a main event.

in terms of must watch matches, it's jay/jay, bullet club/kingdom, and redragon/addiction. also must watch moose's entrance.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The main event was fantastic. It had a big fight feel and Lethal winning despite losing all of his backup was awesome. Mama Lethal dancing summed up my feelings perfectly.

The Bullet Club/Kingdom match delivered on all fronts, but I didn't care for the faces all kicking Maria while the crowd went nuts. Adam Cole single-handedly fighting off three guys was so cool and I would have been fine with him winning. I didn't get to see the actual finish because of the lovely stream though.

The tag title match didn't click that much with me and I'm a huge reDRagon fan. It had its moments, but I don't think I'd ever need to watch it again.The camera work was also noticeably bad during the match.

The three-way was rad as hell and Roddy is gonna get that belt. Moose didn't look horribly out of places with the vets and Elgin managed to make me forget that I hate him for awhile.

The finish to the Dalton Castle match was a travesty. Why not just have him win clean with his finish? He's clearly getting a push and and the crowd goes nuts for him. "Fan up" was a genius chant though.

While I enjoyed the card, I don't know if I'd drop $35 again without real proof that ROH can do an iPPV successfully. We had to watch the entire show with the audio lagging a half second behind. This was particularly annoying on nearfalls when the hand would go down for the three count and you'd hear the sound of the second hit. I also experienced some straight up freezing and other quality issues. I know that ROH is a small company, but they should prioritize working streams when their company is held afloat by internet fans.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I knew nothing about Ring of Honor, but as a very casual New Japan fan, I was very glad I got to see a ton of Young Bucks superkicks and a Styles Clash in person.

That main event was one of the raddest crowd experiences I've ever had, even crammed on the 3rd-floor balcony at Terminal 5 (seriously, what an awful loving setup, I hope they move back to the Manhattan Center). I also really loved the reDRagon match, as terrifying as it was, and that great 3-way (I'm definitely on board with Moose). Oh, and I need to see more ACH and Sydal, they were fantastic.

They also announced NJPW stars for Field of Honor, though I can't find online which ones. I think they said Nakamura will be there, so I think I have to go to that now, even though I was on the fence before.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

abraham linksys posted:

Oh, and I need to see more ACH and Sydal, they were fantastic.

You should really get this show, you'll thank me later. They don't tag together in PWG, but they both have excellent singles matches on that show.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

I knew nothing about Ring of Honor, but as a very casual New Japan fan, I was very glad I got to see a ton of Young Bucks superkicks and a Styles Clash in person.

That main event was one of the raddest crowd experiences I've ever had, even crammed on the 3rd-floor balcony at Terminal 5 (seriously, what an awful loving setup, I hope they move back to the Manhattan Center). I also really loved the reDRagon match, as terrifying as it was, and that great 3-way (I'm definitely on board with Moose). Oh, and I need to see more ACH and Sydal, they were fantastic.

They also announced NJPW stars for Field of Honor, though I can't find online which ones. I think they said Nakamura will be there, so I think I have to go to that now, even though I was on the fence before.

Okada and KUSHIDA are the other two signed. You should definitely go.

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
I went last night and stood with president Abe Linksys on the third floor balcony. My takes are as follows:

--The venue sucks for general admission and required people to basically play twister for everyone to squeeze in and get a good look at the ring from the upper balcony.

--Everything was at least good and nothing was bad.

--The main event delivered. Great match, hot crowd, awesome down the stretch. Anecdotally of the three ROH title changes I've seen in person, this felt like the crowd was hottest for it, although it's sort of unfair to judge Dragon's win against this because it happened in dopey Sports Plus on Long Island.

--It's always uncomfortable how much of a thrill ROH fans get out of watching non-wrestling women get beat up by men. I don't expect a wrestling show to be a gender studies symposium, but I feel like out of the promotions I've been to live (WWE, EVOLVE, TNA, Chikara), ROH crowds have a little bit more hostility toward women and gay people.

--My greatest hope is that Lethal's title win will somehow lead to a Special K reunion. Remember when we all thought for a moment that Angeldust was going to be the big star?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Young Pageviews posted:

I went last night and stood with president Abe Linksys on the third floor balcony. My takes are as follows:

--The venue sucks for general admission and required people to basically play twister for everyone to squeeze in and get a good look at the ring from the upper balcony.

--Everything was at least good and nothing was bad.

--The main event delivered. Great match, hot crowd, awesome down the stretch. Anecdotally of the three ROH title changes I've seen in person, this felt like the crowd was hottest for it, although it's sort of unfair to judge Dragon's win against this because it happened in dopey Sports Plus on Long Island.

--It's always uncomfortable how much of a thrill ROH fans get out of watching non-wrestling women get beat up by men. I don't expect a wrestling show to be a gender studies symposium, but I feel like out of the promotions I've been to live (WWE, EVOLVE, TNA, Chikara), ROH crowds have a little bit more hostility toward women and gay people.

--My greatest hope is that Lethal's title win will somehow lead to a Special K reunion. Remember when we all thought for a moment that Angeldust was going to be the big star?

I agree with all of these points. Terminal 5 is a loving terrible venue for wrestling and in hindsight I wish I just paid the additional $30 or whatever for seating. My friends actually left for the second half because they just got fed up with it (though they thought the wrestling was great and when they come back around we're going again). Still, that was my first time watching more than an hour of ROH and I was pretty blown away, especially by the second half. Thought the number one contender, Bullet Club match, and obviously the main event really stood out and I definitely got my $35 or whatever worth.

I thought the crowd was really weird about women too but seeing how the crowd mostly looked like a Something Awful convention I don't really know what I expected. Anyway, between this and ROH having a weekly show on DA now, I guess I'm in.

Golashes fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 20, 2015

• Locked thread