Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Every 10 days works for me. Fantasy football is back, which I can get unreasonably obsessed with, so a relaxed schedule might actually be what you'd get from me too!

Just FYI this campaign inspired my to get together my own group and try DMing. Did 2 Pathfinder modules with a newbie group of friends here in Boston, getting geared up to do a third (Wounded Wisp). Been a hoot so far. Thanks to all for giving me a shot and showing me the ropes. =) Owe ya'll big for the introduction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
To sort of go against the grain a bit, I am willing to call it if our DM/Anyone is having time issues and wants to bow out. We started off strong (when I joined at least), but I think everyone has had some life changes kick in since then. This isn't the most exciting system to be running either, even if we all had plenty of spare time. I had kind of already thought we were done, to be honest. :blush:

I want to put emphasis on not blaming anyone. There are other games people are playing and maybe even running, in addition to a change in times when we can all make room to post. I'm personally not far off from a major shift in my free time as well, and similar to Porpoise, I worry a loose posting policy would see me blanking out to even check. As you can see, that has already happened to me during our lull!

I've enjoyed the game up 'till now, and appreciate the efforts of both the players and DM. Because time is becoming a problem for our DM and others, and lacking anyone who wish to take over, I am comfortable closing up shop. Should I be wrong and the game continues, I will try to keep up with Lucan and his guardsman-like ways.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
I was in the process of updating and my SSD with my operating system died on me. Thankfully it didn't have any real data on it so I don't believe anything campaign related (or useful in general) was lost. I'll pick up a new drive tomorrow and plan to update by end of day Saturday at the latest, though hoping to post tomorrow night to start catching up.

Going forward I will be adding the next planned update date to my post at the bottom, near the terrain and ambient light level notifications. That will give people an idea as to when next to check the thread, and set a bit of a timer for people to post. I am going to put that timeline into my work calendar as well so it will be hard for me to miss, currently have slotted about 90m to conduct an update, generally on Saturday afternoons. I am hopeful that work will slow down in the foreseeable future, really it's been the time spent in traffic that's been killing me more than anything else. I think I'm on month eleven of 200km per day back and forth, and it's wearing thin.

Anyway, long story short the game will continue so long as you guys are still up for it!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Stay safe Trast. Sending good vibes your way. Storm looks like a scary one.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Rode out the storm fine. We just got the fringes luckily.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Yo Waador when is season 1 of Bear Force dropping? This election is driving me goddamned bananas, I need some ear candy.

Also, technical question: what does fog cloud actually do? My intention there was to put it somewhere out to the east to break line of sight between the xbowmen and the ramparts, meaning they'd have to pick a location instead of a person to shoot at (right?). But I'm not I get what it would have done if I dropped it on all of us. Like, if it adds disadvantage on attack rolls because you can't see your target, but then adds advantage on attack rolls because your target can't see the attack coming, does that just mean that fog cloud is basically just one big declaration that nobody gets advantage or disadvantage on anything?

What we were in the fog cloud and the xbowmen were outside of it? Or instead, what I dropped fog cloud on an xbowmen themselves to obscure their vision - would that instead remove their range disadvantage?

It's all just very confusing.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Fog Cloud is garbage and you should probably never use it :v:. It's a decent enough spell for breaking line of sight while you're retreating or whatever so the enemy doesn't know what alleyway you ran down, but as you mention it just makes it so in combat no one knows where anyone is.

If none of us had moved and you'd gotten the spell off, you'd have functionally made anyone in/on opposite sides of the cloud easier to hit by negating the disadvantage/advantage paradigm by making our attackers unseen and granting their disadvantage attacks advantage.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 4, 2016

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Mechanically it makes an area heavily obscured, which causes the blinded condition, which causes:
• A blinded creature can’t see and automatically fails any ability check that requires sight.
• Attack rolls against the creature have advantage, and the creature’s attack rolls have disadvantage.

If you rolled it up on a big melee everyone would have advantage and disadvantage, rendering it to no effect. If you rolled it on an enemy and attacked them from afar, they would have disadvantage to hit you, and you would have disadvantage to hit them. If you placed it on yourself with an enemy far away, the same thing. It's tough to use offensively for that reason. Sleet storm sort of does the same thing, but is a higher level spell slot and a much larger area, and it's also kind of awful. Technically, unless you move they still know which square to target, so there isn't much of a guessing game if you're stationary.

Probably in the summer. We're up to session 14 which should be episode 48 assuming 30m episodes, give or take a few minutes here and there.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Not to be a spoilsport, but I thought Lucan was *outside* the fort?

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

He was, for like a minute, well before the attack began.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan
Lucan stayed by the door during the barbarian's ritual. By chance, managed to benefit from it (thus the whole not-really-scared-of-centaurs thing going on with him), and closed/locked the gate up when the barbarians took up their positions outside along the fort.

I thought about putting him out there with the barbarians before the fighting started, but I figured the fight will possibly/probably end up inside the fort at some point regardless. Might as well take what potshots one can muster 'till then.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Apologies, got sidelined by work. Will post on Friday I suspect.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
Apologies for being a useless dogfucker lately; made it to my day off and didn't feel like doing anything.
I'll try and get posted Thursday evening, if not Friday during the day.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Same. Without the day off

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan
Happy turkey day amigos.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

This calls for a vignette of gods having Thanksgiving.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Happy Thanksgiving, americanos

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Sorry. Been busy prepping a Stars without Numbers game. Will post on Tuesday, but if you want to move on before then, Daimon will move on to a section of palisade that isn't quite in danger of immediate collapse, and fire off another Eldritch bolt.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Angrymog posted:

Sorry. Been busy prepping a Stars without Numbers game. Will post on Tuesday, but if you want to move on before then, Daimon will move on to a section of palisade that isn't quite in danger of immediate collapse, and fire off another Eldritch bolt.

Funny weren't Waador and Porp playing a SWN game too? Is that the new hotness?

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

Trast posted:

Funny weren't Waador and Porp playing a SWN game too? Is that the new hotness?

It's probably my new favorite system for any kind of modern or sci-fi gaming. It's a lot simpler to pick up and play than either Shadowrun or Warhammer, and doesn't come with any of the baggage of either of those systems. Thankfully there's also enough complexity hidden deep inside it that people like me don't get bored with it.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
I apologize for the delay, a family friend and her two kids and their grandmother literally died in a fire and it kind of hosed everything up for me for a bit. Ironically, Oleg's fort is now also on fire.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Waador posted:

I apologize for the delay, a family friend and her two kids and their grandmother literally died in a fire and it kind of hosed everything up for me for a bit. Ironically, Oleg's fort is now also on fire.

God drat Waador I don't know what to say to that except sorry. :smith:

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan
Likewise, I am sorry to hear of such a terrible thing. My sympathies.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Sorry to hear that Waador.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
No amount of :smith: can adequately express how lovely that is.

Condolences, gently caress 2016.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Angrymog posted:

Question unrelated to all this - can I change character's surname? I didn't pick it, and I don't particularly like it.

Getting back to this, I don't think anyone here would have their immersion ruined by changing it.

Did you have a name in mind?

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Feel free to rename yourself however you like yes.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Friends, I think I am going to call time of death on this here dice rolling endeavor.

Work is finally starting to let up on me, but I've been finding it difficult to get into the mindset necessary to write fantasy lately, so it just isn't coming out at the appropriate pace or the right level of quality. We can probably blame my recently renewed interest in various cyberpunk settings and systems.

I do want to thank everyone for what was a very enjoyable run, though. Despite not breaking the curse of "getting out of Oleg's", we ran this beast from June 19, 2015 onwards, so well over a year of good times. Hopefully this doesn't break anyone's heart too severely. :(

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

My pyro-elf will find other places to light on fire just you wait. Thanks Waador!

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

It's fine, thanks for running.

And we almost got out of Oleg's.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Appreciate all the work you put in for us - I had a blast and I'm sad to see this wind to a close.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
:tipshat: catch y'all on the flipside

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:rip: Good while it lasted! Thanks for running the game for a good while at least!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan
Yup, was fun. Work is being mean to me lately, so fitting in all I usually do is a growing struggle.

Thanks for the game.

• Locked thread