Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Kwyndig posted:

Well, I guess that clears out that storyline. Now what?

They stopped the green ooze from taking over but they still want to and have every reason to dismantle the ruling class of the Quad. Probably by assassinating all 9 of the families

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're kind of running out of time for Stephanie Leonidas to show up again. She was listed as a guest in this episode.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Aww Lucy won't let him leave :3:

EDIT: You need a wingman, and she has a gun-arm :3: :3:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"You're a 6 not a 10, simmer down". Fancy Lee human shield tactic were good too.

Holy exposition dump for the first 30% of the episode. Seems like they weren't sure if they would be renewed so they wrapped up the green goo plotline asap. Seemed a little rushed to me, they definitely could have paced it better if it was planned for just this season or spread it out over 2. But I guess Anilla is still out there(and behind The RAC). And there is also what's left of the Nine Eight Seven Six and the quad.

:rip: Khylen and maybe Delle Seyah too?

e: also explaining how / why D'avin is the goo :science:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 3, 2016

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Here's hoping for some contrivance that brings Khylen back to life. Show won't be the same without him.

Guess season 3 will have Clara (and Alice), along with John, getting revenge on the Connaver Gang.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Sounds like the third season is also going to be the last. If you make that huge of a jump in story arc, there's only so much left in all of it to draw out.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I think similar to Defiance the 2nd season plot got pretty much resolved since they weren't sure if it would get renewed.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"You're a 6 not a 10, simmer down". Fancy Lee human shield tactic were good too.

Holy exposition dump for the first 30% of the episode. Seems like they weren't sure if they would be renewed so they wrapped up the green goo plotline asap. Seemed a little rushed to me, they definitely could have paced it better if it was planned for just this season or spread it out over 2. But I guess Anilla is still out there(and behind The RAC). And there is also what's left of the Nine Eight Seven Six and the quad.

:rip: Khylen and maybe Delle Seyah too?

e: also explaining how / why D'avin is the goo :science:

I wouldn't say it'd go down to Six just because Delle (possibly) died. That's the number of families, not heads, after all. But yeah, they really left that one hanging because Delle did say she wanted a doctor to come meet her.

etalian posted:

I think similar to Defiance the 2nd season plot got pretty much resolved since they weren't sure if it would get renewed.

It's a neat sci-fi show with it's own style. I think everyone is surprised they were given a third season. Also Killjoys is probably the first show in a long while that I actually want the soundtrack from :rock:.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Well, that was disappointingly "Oh, guess we're not getting another season. Let's throw together a finale".

loving SyFy

Lots of good moments, just weak on the story. All Fancy content excellent as usual.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Eh, can't blame syfy too much. This was actually a pretty drat early renewal for a summer show. With only 10 episodes, they would have had to known they were renewed before they even started airing the season to factor it into the story line.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Calling it: Delle Seya's not dead. She started grinning when Johnny left the alley. She's a six, only using a different blend of the green to most of the other Sixes in the Quad. That's why she looked so relieved, because her healing powers kicked in.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Ending didn't feel that disappointing to me. It wrapped up stuff well while still giving a lot of exiciting room for a new season. Isn't that what season finales are supposed to do?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mossyfisk posted:

Well, that was disappointingly "Oh, guess we're not getting another season. Let's throw together a finale".

loving SyFy

Lots of good moments, just weak on the story. All Fancy content excellent as usual.

The show owns because even minor character like Fancy are really good stealing scenes.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, something bad is most definitely coming. Last episode had the school being used to develop a way to educate kids near-instantaneously along with a seed bank, which as Dutch said; "you only need for winter or war". Klein's also treating Davin's immunity to the green goo like it's a shot-in-a-million against something at the eleventh hour that he was willing to turn on his own people for, and we can be pretty certain that Dutch is a clone of whoever was on Arkyn 200 years ago. Something is coming that The Nine fear so badly they're willing to glass themselves rather than let it take their world, and probabl survive only through a seed bank of clones/descendants. I'd wager good money the big terrifying fences around the Westerly towns are actually going to be to keep whatever it is out, rather than keeping Westies in.

I came to this thread after marathoning the last 10 or so episodes of this season and I had to cross reference the date of this post and the episode list on wikipedia and holy poo poo you were ridiculously well on track all things considered. (The poster could've only seen 15 of the 20 episodes of the season)

Also the last episode had surpisingly good dogfighting action for a low budget sci-fi show.

Dessel fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 11, 2016

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Caught up with this show, really didn't expect it to be so good! Especially since ep 1 was so ropey. Can't wait til it is back🐣

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I burned through the two seasons and I have to say the show is a lot better than I expected it to be. They did wrap up everything, but left a wide opening with the green goo having multiple sources.

• Locked thread