Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
I talked to Drakli privately about this and this seemed like the best way for things to go. Real life stuff is more important than keeping up with online games.

But this leaves Frosts with three players total. So Bie, MMA, Dareon; I think we should have a bit of a talk about the game. How do people feel about the game and how it's going? For my mind, it's been going slow for a while now and losing another player isn't going to help that at all. Are people still interested in keeping Frosts going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It's definitely been slow, there's no arguing that. A significant part of that has been on me, too, I've had a lot of real-life issues distracting me and when I do sit down to write I have trouble finding Rickie's voice.

I don't think we can add a new set of players without it seeming really contrived.

I'd be a little disappointed if we just dropped the game right here, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it, y'know?

I think if we finished out the Christmas season we could end on a high note.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I had a hellbastard of a month, which left me preoccupied and anxious, and also thoughtless enough not to say anything. My conflict resolution wiring is messed up, this happens with me more often than I like. That said...

I don't mind a slow burn. I like the setting, the characters, and Robo's GMing, and I've really enjoyed playing with everyone who's bunked in Blue House.

On the other hand, the last thing I want is Robo (or anyone else) to feel like their efforts aren't appreciated, or that their time could be put to better use. If it isn't working, it isn't working.

And what Dareon said, if we are wrapping up, putting a bow on the holiday season would be a nice way to do it. :)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I'd prefer to have the game run its intended course, but I'll roll with whatever Robodog decides to do.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Hmm. Okay. So this might be a little tricky. I'm going to have to do a bit of thinking about how things can go from here, I think. But for now, I can at least get to the end of the christmas episode. I'll get a post done so you three can get to the business of handing the gifts over to the secret santas.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Okay, so I wrapped up the christmas episode. With Dareon not having posted in game for a month now it's just been some back and forth with Bie and MMA in the meanwhile, so I don't think anything was hugely lost cutting it there. Everybody had a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

So I was thinking about it last time I OOC thread posted, and now things have crystallised a bit. Partly because of my increasingly time poor RL sitch. Given how things have been the last month to six weeks, I think I'm going to have to call the game here. Losing the couple of players has hurt, and it's pretty clear things have run out of steam. Two active players with the third throwing a post out occasionally isn't terribly sustainable in the long term, and the last few months has really hammered that home. Stringing things out further just to see it stall again isn't something I'm too keen to see. And barring me managing to introduce three or four new players just for the denouement, I can't see things picking up much.

Are people still in the same mind on this as a couple months ago? Tie a bow at the holiday session here?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
As much as I'd prefer for the game to keep going, it's probably not very sustainable when there's effectively only two players remaining. And when this is compounded further by the demands put on the GM's time by real life…well, there's little or nothing to be done about it, I suppose.

Even speaking as a latecomer, though, Frostgame was great fun while it lasted. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Everything that MMAgCh said, really. I'm usually all for pushing on for games I really enjoy, in even the most untenable circumstances, but I think we've reached a good place, and 'RL takes priority!' is as true for GMs as it is for players. More, given all of the extra work on that side of things.

I've really enjoyed the game, and really appreciate what everyone put into it. Thanks, everybody, and Robo especially. :)

And in my head, Anna totally comes back after graduation to do a voluntary stint as a House Mistress. :3:

• Locked thread