Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Reading the first day of this game was incredible, but reading the whole thing was a delight. Awesome win Asiina, great game DBD, reading PR games is awesome when everyone actually expects to have a PR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Hey sorry for checking out so badly on this game, to my scumbuds and also to town and especially DBD. This was a really cool game and it deserved a better effort than I gave. Not really sure why I couldn't motivate myself to bring it full-force after the first couple days, but I couldn't.

Here's my thought process about killing Sam:
1) I was already most suspicious, and then Asiina correctly pointed out my obvious bussing. Further, Sam was all but confirmed town. Therefore, in a me/JJ/Sam endgame it was almost guaranteed to be a loss
2) with me/JJ/Asiina, on the other hand, the only decent town play was to vote Asiina, and therefore given perfect play by everyone involved I would win (either Asiina was scum or Asiina was being honest about her role; if the former then voting her was correct, if the latter then I was obviously a lynchbomb and the game was unwinnable for JJ; therefore, the only way JJ could possibly win was to vote for Asiina and hope it was the former situation)
3) furthermore, Asiina played better than anyone else and deserved a chance to win
4) between leaving JJ and Sam alive, I thought there was a better chance that JJ would see #2, in part because he'd already expressed such a strong suspicion of Asiina all game. Also, I was hoping to correctly guess JJ's target (I was actually thinking I'd say "you didn't target again"), which would seem more impressive than just telling Sam "JJ targeted you but he died so there's no way to confirm".

I was planning to try to get the first post of the day to and explicitly point out #2 (maybe even saying I tracked JJ to Sam, but I just had to hope it wasn't the kill because voting him was a no-win scenario) but then I overslept badly, welp :v:

My PR was (pretty obviously) that I had to write every post as a journal/note and also I had a sub-PR that I'm obsessed with math and numbers. Which, since I've got a degree in the subject, is soooorrrrt of true.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Haha assuming I paid enough attention to this game after Asiina's claim to make quote-unquote perfect plays.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

jon joe posted:

Haha assuming I paid enough attention to this game after Asiina's claim to make quote-unquote perfect plays.

I figured that even if you or Sam saw the play, there was at least an even chance that you'd vote for me solely for metagame reasons (Asiina deserved it, prefer a 3P win to scum, etc). But it was a better alternative to the optimal play being "vote Morn and win".

• Locked thread