Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

Fungah! posted:

defeating your enemies through the power of friendship, hard work, and believing in yourself to overcome impossible odds? pff hella gay brah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Doctor Goat posted:

i wish regal didn't do the whole handcuffs thing even after his crime thing is done

it could be like how citan goes from fistfighting to swordfighting in xenogears

i never used regal in my party because of the handcuff thing. plus i found his character to be really obnoxious

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Fighting with his hands tied up is extremely badass.

SF3 Cody and that Kanbei from Sengoku Basara ftw

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

rediscover posted:

i never used regal in my party because of the handcuff thing. plus i found his character to be really obnoxious

his comboing is sick as hell

he uses his hands to hit something like once in the whole game and it explodes a wall

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lloyd was the only one in Symphonia who felt decent to play imo. Sheena was alright to mix in sometimes. Vesperia improved a lot on having characters who were fun to play, but still had some stinkers.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Fungah! posted:

defeating your enemies through the power of friendship, hard work, and believing in yourself to overcome impossible odds? pff hella gay brah

Everything I hate about shounen and the Tales series in a nutshell.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Slur posted:

:stonklol:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

chumbler posted:

Lloyd was the only one in Symphonia who felt decent to play imo. Sheena was alright to mix in sometimes. Vesperia improved a lot on having characters who were fun to play, but still had some stinkers.

what about Raine? jw'ing

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Slur posted:

*turns around from jacking off to crush vids* agreed.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
Tales of Symphonia owned at the time but now its kind of old compared to the other anime as gently caress jrpgs with action battles like

xenoblade chronicles and ff13 and that new hyperdimension game

lloyd still owns for the triple coffee fakeout between him and his idiot girlfriend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYx1J85vork

tales of xillia was anime waifu poo poo tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xenoblade Chronicles, theJRPG with MMO battle system, is not an Action game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

If you think the Neptunia games have better gameplay than Symphonia you have AIDS⁴

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
please do not mistake what I said as an endorsement of the hyperdimension games

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

"Why was this never localized for North Am... Oh."

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Agag posted:

"Why was this never localized for North Am... Oh."

i dont think that was in the original game, dejap was just weird

Dec 26, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

i dont think that was in the original game, dejap was just weird

yeah that was all on dejap

it did get localized for the gba but the port was not very good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

01011001 posted:

yeah that was all on dejap

it did get localized for the gba but the port was not very good
they missed way too many essential details about the Great War of Kangaroo, imo

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I liked how Symphonia piled like ten different twists one after another, it was one of the only jrpg's I ever played at that time and I was like is this game loving serious. I've since learned they're all like that.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the sword of kangaroo was caused by them running the whole script through like MS Word 2003 and running spellcheck over the whole thing

Dec 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbmCKT3XSAU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Hello, more people pre-order Zestiria so I can get free Symphonia tyvm.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

i played it before vesperia, i think i quit partially because i couldnt stand his stupid rear end anymore

I like him, but only because the entire first half of the game is about all the other characters making GBS threads on him for how awful he is

he also isn't even good in combat, so its nice that you can just replace him entirely there too

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Soral posted:

i played and enjoyed tales of symphonia but the feeling i got was that it is an outlier and tales games are typically poo poo

symphonia and vesperia and abyss are basically the only ones that matter and most of the others are really bad in at least one important way, usually story/translation/voice acting. and the battle systems in symphonia and abyss don't hold up quite as well if you play them after Vesperia, which nailed it perfectly

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Slur posted:

this guy is cool and a serious badass

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Never interact or acknowledge Dominic white but if youre going to plutonis picked the right way to go about it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FastestGunAlive posted:

Never interact or acknowledge Dominic white but if youre going to plutonis picked the right way to go about it

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Dec 26, 2012

FastestGunAlive posted:

i hadn't bothered to look because i assumed it was just dumb poo poo from the bad thread but lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

• Locked thread