Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
I asked this question in the Euro thread but didn't get any bites, so maybe someone who doesn't follow there knows something about the GR20.

My girlfriend and I have a week off in early August (like 7 days) and we were thinking we'd do part of the GR20. The only problem is that this isn't really enough time to do either the northern half or the second half and get out in Vizzavona. Also apparently the Cirque de la Solitude is closed (since mid June 2015) since there was a rockslide that killed some hikers, and who knows if it will be open again by early August.

So, we'd still be happy to do part of the southern half, or I guess even the first 3 legs of the northern half, but we're having an impossible time finding out if it's possible to take buses/camels/eagles down at basically any day in the hike, or if there are really only 2 or 3 places throughout the entire GR20 that you can say "gently caress it" and head out.

We're pretty physically fit, but we only have 7 days of vacation and would like to do something like 3-4 hiking and 3-4 at the beach. We're probably not fit enough to do double legs back-to-back for 4 days of hiking to do the southern half in half the time (and even if we could physically do it, that doesn't really sound like a nice vacation). I've spent like 5 hours reading about the GR20 and can't find this out even with Google searches in French (which we speak).

So, has anyone out there done the GR20 and happen to know how feasible it is to get public transit out of any particular leg?

Saladman fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread