Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mango sentinel posted:

You can decline penalties in football because keeping the play is potentially more advantageous than the penalty, not to let a coach feel magnanimous by embracing the spirit of competition.

I guess it's arguable if Gamerbee taking the penalty and gaining a free round would have been more advantageous than declining it and restarting that entire set from scratch (if that were an option).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

no matter what anyones opinion on wolfkrone is, did you see how justins friends treated him after he decided to take the W against justin a few years back? that poo poo was gross

the rule is there to prevent bullying and peer pressure, and there must be an incentive not to pause mid match, period.

What happened?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Commissar Ken posted:

What happened?

apologies, it was flash metroid and justin was bullying him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4CmtvBkTS8

justin pulled some similar poo poo after wolfkrone didnt accept a pot split, and marn stopped sponsoring wolfkrone for it lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
keep in mind justins usually a cool guy and i dont really care for wolfkrone but imo that poo poo just isnt acceptable and exactly why this rule is in place

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

keep in mind justins usually a cool guy and i dont really care for wolfkrone but imo that poo poo just isnt acceptable and exactly why this rule is in place

Well, Wolfkrone's case wasn't so much "didn't accept a pot split", it was "accepted a pot split, won, then decided that eeeeeeeeh I'd rather not".

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dias posted:

Well, Wolfkrone's case wasn't so much "didn't accept a pot split", it was "accepted a pot split, won, then decided that eeeeeeeeh I'd rather not".

iirc justin had mentioned it a long time ago and then thought he was entitled to a split, iirc he didnt bring it up pre finals, and also, pot splitting is collusion and justin had been sabotaging gfs for a long loving time up until that point, so much so that that specific instance boiled up and caused a huge fit of drama regarding no one actually playing grand finals legitimately in most majors since they were primarily dominated by justin + friends.

appleken probably knows more might correct me on some of this stuff

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I know wolfkrone is some sort of douche but i'm not sure exactly what is wrong with him, could someone enlighten me

cams
Mar 28, 2003

or, he could avoid gossiping about petty squabbles among fighting game players. i bet that sounds like fun

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

cams posted:

or, he could avoid gossiping about petty squabbles among fighting game players. i bet that sounds like fun

well he was pretty openly voiced about it in the past, thats why i mentioned him, hes welcome to not chime in as well! thats all up to him

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

as i michigander if wolfkrone is a jerk i want him dragged through every bit of mud and shunned lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

iirc justin had mentioned it a long time ago and then thought he was entitled to a split, iirc he didnt bring it up pre finals, and also, pot splitting is collusion and justin had been sabotaging gfs for a long loving time up until that point, so much so that that specific instance boiled up and caused a huge fit of drama regarding no one actually playing grand finals legitimately in most majors since they were primarily dominated by justin + friends.

The story I heard was that they agreed on it during the tournament, but God knows if that's true anyway. And yeah, not to defend pot splitting, but it'd have been scumbaggerier to take it and then go back on it.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Captain Invictus posted:

Anything further happen with neo's missing fortune or is that just dead and gone? No security footage caught anyone I presume

I think Neo got a lot of dumb people to give him money.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

apologies, it was flash metroid and justin was bullying him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4CmtvBkTS8

justin pulled some similar poo poo after wolfkrone didnt accept a pot split, and marn stopped sponsoring wolfkrone for it lol

Ahahaha, jesus. Justin is clearly a guy whose never got popped in the mouth for acting like a brat.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Catherine prelims are up on youtube now, im on my phone but its easy enough to find.

Edit: or maybe its just the casuals before prelims. Weird.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 23, 2015

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hypocrisy posted:

Yeah, there was a 30k bonus and a trip to Japan to compete in their big BlazBlue tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-7Nl9UuBjM

Now we have the definitive Chris G getting knocked out of Marvel experience.

My god he just crumbles against his own team. It's glorious.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008

Gibbo posted:

Don't forget the lovely mice and actually not bad laptops.

I've owned 4 Razer mice over the years and I've only ever changed mice because I wanted a newer one. They all still work.

e. Not trying to defend Razer over this, and I can't say anything about the quality of their sticks, but I think it's strange that everybody is so ready to dogpile on one of the few well respected sponsors in the FGC.

Away all Goats posted:

Isn't Razer the company that sells really overpriced prebuilt gaming rigs? If so, lol

No.

VigilantePrime fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jul 23, 2015

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Isn't Razer the company that sells really overpriced prebuilt gaming rigs? If so, lol

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Razer sells gaming laptops that are really overpriced, but not towers, I don't think. You're probably thinking of Alienware.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I was gonna make a post about having a razer mouse and it's not literally satan or anything when it occurred to me that 90% of us that play stick play a mad catz stick.

Sure they've cleared their name recently but for about 20 years mad catz was that lovely off brand controller that grandma got you for $10 at blockbuster video around Xmas that you always force your little brother to use.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I was gonna make a post about having a razer mouse and it's not literally satan or anything when it occurred to me that 90% of us that play stick play a mad catz stick.

Sure they've cleared their name recently but for about 20 years mad catz was that lovely off brand controller that grandma got you for $10 at blockbuster video around Xmas that you always force your little brother to use.

they still make a lot of lovely cheaply made stuff, the fightsticks are kind of a lucky break for them

edit: i looked up Pelican since they were the other big "cheap controller/accessory" company from back in the day and now they're called PDP. Didn't know that was them.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

VigilantePrime posted:

I've owned 4 Razer mice over the years and I've only ever changed mice because I wanted a newer one. They all still work.

e. Not trying to defend Razer over this, and I can't say anything about the quality of their sticks, but I think it's strange that everybody is so ready to dogpile on one of the few well respected sponsors in the FGC.

No.

Starting when? Everyone I know that has ever touched a Deathadder has had it fail withing 18 months (and frequently sooner) of owning it. Maybe the more recent mice aren't as garbage?

I've disliked Razer since long before they were in the stick market.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
I bought my first one in 2004 I'm pretty sure. I'm using a Naga hex right now which I've had for almost 3 years.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
I'm using the same g5 I bought in 2007 if you want to talk about product durability.

Maybe it was just the deathadder that was poo poo then? Everyone I know that has had a razer mouse fail has been one of those.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
I've had 2 diamondbacks, a deathadder, and a Lachesis in addition to the Naga. Like I said, none of them ever went bad on me.

Anyway, I'm sure Logitech would make a fabulous stick too. My point is we need more manufacturers involved in the FGC, and I see no purpose in shaming people who want to buy a Razer stick. Especially when MadCatz seems poised to start dropping sponsorships.

VigilantePrime fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jul 23, 2015

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I had a deathadder fail after almost 10 years.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they still make a lot of lovely cheaply made stuff, the fightsticks are kind of a lucky break for them

edit: i looked up Pelican since they were the other big "cheap controller/accessory" company from back in the day and now they're called PDP. Didn't know that was them.

It's more that fightsticks are ridiculously simple to make, which is why you always see people putting out comedy ghetto fightsticks. It was more of a right place right time thing, like "holy crap a peripheral that even we can't screw up. We're in boys!"

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Outside of Hori, no company that sells sticks actually makes any parts outside the casing and PCBs, they just use Sanwa buttons/sticks. And MadCatz PCBs are actually pretty poo poo overall, where the variance between input lag between different sticks varying greatly.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i looked up Pelican since they were the other big "cheap controller/accessory" company from back in the day and now they're called PDP. Didn't know that was them.

Oh, that explains a lot. Had no idea either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Pomp posted:

I had a deathadder fail after almost 10 years.

my deathadder failed in under 10 weeks and slowly deteriorated until i had to replace it. I dont think I'm ever buying razer poo poo again, especially not a stick.

• Locked thread