Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

DrVenkman posted:

Sequel announced, to be titled Ant-Man & The Wasp, which is a pretty comic-booky sounding title.

I hope he bangs his girlfriends mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Frostwerks posted:

I hope he bangs his girlfriends mom.

Since time is apparently meaningless in the microverse, he may just ditch old rear end Evangeline Lilly for her younger hot mom.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Drifter posted:

You're gooning off semantics. And you can be both a victim and survivor. They're not exclusive. Look at how hosed up she is/was.

Jessica Jones was tortured extensively, and brainwashed or mind dominated or whatever, using sex and dissolution of power as the main methodology.

Sure, but the way it was executed wasn't exploitative in any way. Just because a work of fiction contains sexual violence doesn't mean it's bad. Like basically everything in fiction there's good and bad ways to do it.

And again, we don't know to what extent any of this is even going to be in the show, as the purple man isn't an established villain and the entire scenario and it's aftermath just doesn't work in the MCU, things are too different at a core level. I doubt we see anything even close to it in the show.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TheJoker138 posted:

And again, we don't know to what extent any of this is even going to be in the show, as the purple man isn't an established villain and the entire scenario and it's aftermath just doesn't work in the MCU, things are too different at a core level. I doubt we see anything even close to it in the show.

The scenario and it's aftermath works just fine in the MCU. She can even attack the Avengers. Really it's just slight tweaking of details, like being sort of in the Avengers and Purple Man having an extensive history with super heroes. The core idea is just that this guy used mind powers to super gently caress her up, which has already been shown to some extent in the MCU anyway. This is just taking it beyond making you relive painful memories or making you super cranky and bitchy to your compatriots.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
They won't be able to have Jean Grey give Jessica immunity to Purple Man's powers after the fact though, it'll be interesting to see how they handle that aspect

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They won't be able to have Jean Grey give Jessica immunity to Purple Man's powers after the fact though, it'll be interesting to see how they handle that aspect

Scarlet Witch.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They don't really need to do anything like that. In the comics they've explained that people with extreme willpower have been able to beat him. Hell, one time Moon Knight just wore earplugs and beat him.

They could just have Jessica do something as simple as that, or the whole inner strength thing where she overcomes his powers.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Codependent Poster posted:

They don't really need to do anything like that. In the comics they've explained that people with extreme willpower have been able to beat him. Hell, one time Moon Knight just wore earplugs and beat him.

They could just have Jessica do something as simple as that, or the whole inner strength thing where she overcomes his powers.

I would like them to establish this in an ep where he tries and fails to control the Kingpin, who in the comics was shown to be immune. Then this incident could inform Jessica that she can fight his influence. But it won't happen. :(

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Oh hey, turns out a friend of a friend knows a nice redheaded inhuman lady who is both a therapist and a telepath. Maybe even see how far you can push the envelope while giving Fox the finger naming her Jeanne Gray and offhand mention her husband Scott.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gyges posted:

The scenario and it's aftermath works just fine in the MCU. She can even attack the Avengers. Really it's just slight tweaking of details, like being sort of in the Avengers and Purple Man having an extensive history with super heroes. The core idea is just that this guy used mind powers to super gently caress her up, which has already been shown to some extent in the MCU anyway. This is just taking it beyond making you relive painful memories or making you super cranky and bitchy to your compatriots.

Ah yes, I'm sure they're going to have the budget to either get all the actors from the Avengers movie or make CGI versions of the Avengers in their direct to Netflix series. That's something that's completely going to happen. And then the only reason they don't literally kill her being this Avenger she's friends with that we've just never happened to see before making them stop. I'm sure it will be a direct translation and they won't be changing stuff up to make it fit.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
If people really wanna discuss this TV show there's a big rear end thread for it in TVIV.

Apparently they showed all of episode 1 at NY Comic-Con so there's a whole heap of spoilers out there if people really want answers to some of the questions that have been coming up.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I hope he shrinks down to tiny size and just starts speedbagging the poo poo out of her clit while she's in public.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Frostwerks posted:

I hope he shrinks down to tiny size and just starts speedbagging the poo poo out of her clit while she's in public.

What the gently caress

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Frostwerks posted:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Somebody's taking pages out of the Mark Millar playbook.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I'm sure there's an issue of Ultimate where that really happens.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm sure there's an issue of Ultimate where that really happens.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
And then she shrinks down and goes up his rear end.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

That's not even Millar or ultimates. It is from a really bad run of avengers though.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The sexy opportunity is limited when the shrinking person has to be wearing that goofy suit the whole time. I guess in the comics he can just shrink?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Because weird outfits are never a part of kink?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

That's not even Millar or ultimates. It is from a really bad run of avengers though.

Geoff Johns!

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

And then she shrinks down and goes up his rear end.
I scoffed at this, and then made the mistake of thinking about it for a second-- what exactly can she do that doesn't require spelunking? :psyduck:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Strange Matter posted:

I scoffed at this, and then made the mistake of thinking about it for a second-- what exactly can she do that doesn't require spelunking? :psyduck:

The cheeky "your turn" is rife with possibilities. Either she's gonna give him a prostate orgasm or sound his urethra or something.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Is this before or after the part where he sprays her with a can of raid and then orders a bunch of ants to eat her?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

Is this before or after the part where he sprays her with a can of raid and then orders a bunch of ants to eat her?

That was in Ultimates and was Millar. I think he did that before Johns did the weird sex poo poo, though.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What the gently caress happened to this thread?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Raxivace posted:

What the gently caress happened to this thread?

Ant-Man 2 doesn't come out til 2018, so this is basically gonna be it for a while.

Here it is:

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Comic books are garbage.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Surlaw posted:

Comic books are garbage.

I have several boxes of them.

Thus I know this to be true.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
So the DVD release is coming out soon and my friend's doing some promotional 1-on-1s. Does anyone have any burning, insightful or assholish questions to tell to these Ant-Guys' Faces?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Golden Bee posted:

So the DVD release is coming out soon and my friend's doing some promotional 1-on-1s. Does anyone have any burning, insightful or assholish questions to tell to these Ant-Guys' Faces?

Just tell him to ask Rudd to load up Celery Man.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

Ask what was up with this amazing trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpPx7E27Bc8

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

TheJoker138 posted:

Ask what was up with this amazing trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpPx7E27Bc8

I think it explains itself.

An important Q is what role Disney's Marvel's Ant-Man will play in Disney's Marvel's Avengers': Civil War. And if he's disappointed there's one fewer level of ownership than in Disney's Marvel's Avengers' Age of Ultron.

Maybe they should call it Disney's Marvel's Avengers': War of Northern Aggression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

I think it explains itself.

An important Q is what role Disney's Marvel's Ant-Man will play in Disney's Marvel's Avengers': Civil War. And if he's disappointed there's one fewer level of ownership than in Disney's Marvel's Avengers' Age of Ultron.

Maybe they should call it Disney's Marvel's Avengers': War of Northern Aggression.

Captain America: States' Rights Society

• Locked thread