Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Any iphone guru goons in the house?

iPhone 6. Tried making a call a little while ago (to Enterprise Rent-A-Car). While waiting at the automated menu, I looked at the screen and found that it wasn't turning on. It's not responsive to the home button, nor to the power button, nor to any screen taps. I can't hang up or enter any menu options. I've been cycling through Enterprise's menu now for about half an hour.

I've tried Restore through iTunes, but it tells me I have to turn off Find My iPhone—which I can't do because I have to do it via the Settings on the phone itself. I've tried going to iCloud, but I can't remove the device from Find My iPhone because it's still in an "online" state (you can only remove "offline" devices).

I've tried hooking it up to Xcode and running an in-development test app on it, but no dice; it runs the app fine according to logs, but the screen simply won't activate.

Anybody know how to forcibly shut down an iPhone without using any of its own buttons? AppleCare and 800-MY-IPHONE are both closed (I'm on the US west coast) and I fear I'll have to spend the entire night consuming minutes while stuck on Enterprise's menu system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Solved, I guess. I turned on "Lost Mode" via Find My iPhone, and it hung up the call and re-enabled the phone's display. I was then able to "Stop Lost Mode".

Thanks anyway :sax:

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Press and hold both the power and home buttons for 5 seconds. Let go of the power button.

You're welcome.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Call me

• Locked thread