Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am he

1919 root beer is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saboten

i am he posted:

love pimms. fucj off sabo. also monopolowa makes a pretty good and cheap gin.

mods?

thank u bacalou

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Ancient Age and a handful of random pills

bawk

next time yall wanna put effort in a drink, make an old fashioned with a cask strength liquor. just one cube of sugar in the raw on the bottom of the glass, add an orange, muddle both, add half a glass worth of ice, pour bourbon to match, top glass with ice, pour bourbon 3/4 full, stir gently for like 5 seconds, then drink

tastes like heaven

bawk

oh and dont forget bitters on the bottom, while you muddle the slice of orange and the sugar cube

fuck. marry. t-rex

*hitching a jug of apple cinnamon shine over my elbow*

Errmmhmmm.

Looke

bawk

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

*hitching a jug of apple cinnamon shine over my elbow*

Errmmhmmm.

apple pie is also good :)

joke_explainer

death .cab for qt posted:

oh and dont forget bitters on the bottom, while you muddle the slice of orange and the sugar cube

angostura bitters, right?

om nom nom

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
I don't know how far the distribute but Willie's whiskey out of Ennis, MT is really really good. Its not from Kentucky but we have lots of limestone here so it's the right kind of water apparantly

bawk

joke_explainer posted:

bitters brand matters much less for the flavor of the drink overall because so little is used, but i always buy angostura because its the only brand my liquor store carries

if your bourbon isn't very sweet to begin with, like maker's mark cask is very sweet but stagg cask strength is not, you can buy orange angostura bitters on amazon which is p much tailor made for old fashioneds :)

om nom nom

om nom nom nom nom nom nom

This is also really good distilled from straight flathead cherries then aged in their whiskey barrels but you have to go the the distillery to get it

bawk

om nom nom posted:

I don't know how far the distribute but Willie's whiskey out of Ennis, MT is really really good. Its not from Kentucky but we have lots of limestone here so it's the right kind of water apparantly

the minimum requirements to be considered a bourbon are

*an unused-for-liquor-aging charred oak barrel
*51% corn mash content
*limestone filtered water
and it has a minimum age i don remember

so yeah that is the correct water and sounds like a place i would like to visit and drink bourbon from. bourbon don't have to be from kentucky, colorado has tin cup, for instance

Afro Doug

I got one recently from Journeyman. i got the rye though.

bawk

wild turkey 101 makes you drunk as poo poo. it is also Not Good

ron color
rare breed is alright but you can prob find something else

Golden Gate Bride
knife to meet you
First thought this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp7a53cVZ5M

Royal P

Raarr

i flunked out posted:

Bulleit for manhattans, either Makers or Woodford Reserve for neat

its great for old fashioneds too

:arghfist::gonk::coffee:

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

joke_explainer posted:

they are good but Fee brothers is also a good brand

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
Eagle Rare is good

pogi

pig slut lisa posted:

Pendleton is really good Pendleton 1910 is even better Yamazaki 18 is muah bellissimo I know none of these are bourbon ok thank you for the thread

how was japan my friend

pogi

im a bit late asking that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Bourbon's just too sweet and floral from what I've tried, very last choice in whiskeys.

• Locked thread