Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piso Mojado

quote:

STILL VOMITING

After hearing about the romantic atmosphere from friends, my husband and I decided we had to see it for ourselves. When we FINALLY were seated we found that the service was slow, the dress code atrocious, and worst of all - our crab was under-portioned as well as under-cooked. This would explain why I've been vomiting for the last 12 hours. Worst experience of my LIFE!

Dear patron -

We are truly sorry you had such an awful experience at the beach, but we do not feel like you are telling the whole story. We understand how frustrating it is to have to wait so long. Had you made reservations by calling ahead (It was Saturday evening, after all), we are certain we could have accommodated you better. We also would have warned you about our dress code at this time, which is that we are not, in fact, a nude beach. All we required is that a minimal amount of clothing must be worn as mandated by state and federal health code since we are (as your husband pointed out many times to our staff) in America.

We are also incredibly sorry for your recent illness, but whatever sickness you have been afflicted with could not have been caused by our food, as you never ordered any. In fact, your party of two spent most of your time here just drinking our signature Long Island Ice Teas and yelling at our waitstaff. Perhaps you may have been confusing our entrees with the decorative population of hermit crabs which roam our grounds. This would corroborate at least a half dozen accounts reported by our staff, and would most likely explain your current state of vomiting.

With that said, it is our mission here at the beach to ensure every customer is treated with respect and leaves happy (and full), so we offer our sincerest apology and hope you feel better soon.

Piso Mojado fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Cunty

Next best thing to a Vegas vacation!

Can't make it to sin City this year, so I'm doing the beach instead. If You stay on the dirty side of the beach near the train tracks where the hobos pee and make sure to keep your back turned to the ocean and drink a lot of tequila and also set all your money on fire it's almost like the real thing, or at least Reno. 4/5

ty crap

ty landy

Piso Mojado

If you ask me, The Beach was the best movie of the summer and Leo looked great in it. It did have some weird moments but Leo's acting was always able to correct the course. So don't waste any more time, because this is a MUST SEE!

Tiffany Brookes, 9th Grade.
6/14/2003

Mapparu

for the first hour this was an enjoyable experience until something terrible happened...
SEAGULLS!!! SEAGULLS!!! SEAGULLS!
My son thought he could befriend them by throwing his crusts near by them but, soon they didn't only want crust. Trying to attack us for food. I called for help but, it was too late. My son is now missing after being snatched by those terrible birds. If you know his location feel free to send me an email. 2/5

Wertjoe

Was walking on the beach and found a message in a bottle. Imagine my excitement as I smashed the bottle on a rock to see the amazing message contained with in. Maybe a love letter? A poem from some starving artist? My heart was racing with anticipation as I unrolled the note to unveil the message. "U GAY" it read...

...U GAY.

5/5

FreshCutFries

was the message accurate?

Wertjoe

Yes, hence the 5/5 rating I gave.

FreshCutFries

oh good...i was asking because i went to a beach and found a message that said MEET HOT SINGLES, and this means it must have been a prophecy :)

Salmiakki

the calamari was horrendously undercooked, and my legs and arms have gone numb due to stings by the gelatin desserts, which i assumed werent even living things. i will not come back again, even if the seaweed was delicious.

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

treasure bear

Beware these accursed wastes, betwixt land and writhing brine.

alnilam

That's beautiful bear

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
There's no quicksand here! There's a huge amount of sand, but not one single patch that will suck me down slowly, my fate inescapable, until it finally overcomes me. This is bulls#1t! This site won't let me vote 0, so i'm forced to give it 1 star.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

ty manifisto

Salmiakki

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

hahahahaha

----------------

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

I wanted to get to the ocean but someone put this all this d*mn sand in the way! My weak limbs thrashed and thrashed in the sand but I couldn't get very far before drying out, embarrassing myself in front of everyone. Would NOT recommended, unless you're some kinda sand loving idiot or have a carapace resistant to the punishment of the relentless sunlight. Plenty of space for parking! 3/5 stars

FreshCutFries

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
Sand sand everywhere
And not a grain to eat

----------------

google THIS

My rights were violated...AGAIN

I have already explained this to the point of exhaustion but just for the record: I am a sovereign citizen therefore I am NOT required to honor your taped-off area of the beach (and the tape was gold-fringed, by the way, hell it was COMPLETELY yellow). Also there was no posted price for sea turtle eggs ANYWHERE so I had to assume they were complimentary. Who wouldn't?

2/5 Just another tool to impose martial law on the people. The eggs were good though.

Cyber Dog

i brought all my barbells and weights to the beach. i worked out in the sun. the sand kept shifting around during each rep. i hurt my back doing squats. i took my shirt off and the sun burned my skin. it was just me and my weights. i remember there being more seaglass. overall a good experience. not the best place to work out, but not the worst either. BYOB (bring your own barbells). no mirrors, but plenty of water to cool off in.

4/5

railroad terror

choo choo
A Fine Beach

I was skeptical about the beach at first due to the TRUCKLOADS of complaints it had gotten, but me and wifey just HAD to check it out! And WHAT A VIEW!

There's an OCEAN of WATER practically right in front of you! Jellyfish galore! Someone even let a DOG run on the SAND!

It was some of the most fun I've ever had, and I've been to THE PARK!

5/5~

Detective Thompson

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Life's a beach, then you die!

Heard about this watery monstrosity from a colleague at work. He claimed it was the perfect spot for beating the summer heat. Yeah right, Carlos! Beat the summer heat?! More like be the summer heat! There's no shelter here whatsoever to keep you out of the hellish sun, though a number of enterprising, forward thinking patrons had brought novelty over-sized umbrellas with them. Obviously, they knew something we didn't. I suppose I should be clear and say there was one place where you could go to escape the nightmare gas orb, but it was some sort of public urination hovel and the floor was wet and sandy and it smelled just awful.

Anyway, I'll step back a bit. The wife and I got up around ten the morning of the fifth, took a leisurely stroll around Humungous Palms, our lovely private community, then left, nodding goodbye to Franklin, our jovial day shift gatekeeper. We stopped in at Puggos for brunch and a 'tini or two (I know, booze before noon, we're bad!), then set out to find this "wonderful" beach. Well, first off, the parking was terrible. The lots were full and the people had taken to lining the streets for miles with their SUVs and econoboxes. We thought this was a good sign, as the best spots are always the most crowded. Turns out we should have taken it as an ill omen.

There were several private lots, mostly full, but we managed to find one charging $40 for two hours. We surmised the high prices would ensure more open spaces, as well as a fellow clientele more to our liking. We were right, as there was plenty of room for the Hummer, as well as we met a nice couple from Omaha just pulling in their Maserati. We talked Reagan and beef for the few miles as we walked toward the beach, but somehow we ended up separated in the throngs of sweaty, coconut-scented people. Oh well, we thought, we'd surely run into them again. Finally, we made it to the beach.

Good lord! To our initial fright, the place was packed to the gills with mostly-nude people, either frolicking like Europeans in the water, or laid out in various lascivious yet somehow alluring positions on the ground, evidently soaking in the rays of the beastly sun. People like that, apparently! Upon first stepping on the beach, my wife was severely distressed by the surface. The loose sand was hard to walk on, and I had to do my best to keep her from falling over (Cordelia is quite delicate). We soon realized we were woefully overdressed. Expecting a refined, classy experience, I had worn my favorite dockers, along with a Pierre Gallia sport coat and ascot, topping the whole thing off with a classic captain's hat. Heck, I had driven out to the marina to get it off my yacht (good old Lady of the Wet)! My wife had worn her best ermine wrap over a simple black dress, along with the high heels she had got on sale at Nordstrom for $579. She does love a good bargain!

Before too long, we were sweating like Pablo and his gang doing our yard work, so we sought out some sort of shelter. That was when I first encountered the aforementioned public urination hovel. Fleeing from that abysmal location as quick as we could, we determined that, if we could not escape the heat, we could at least try to escape the noisome crowds. Cordelia was beginning to get the stirs, a condition brought on by excesses of noise. We walked for quite some time, past screaming child after screaming child, lewdly dressed teenage girls in their revealing underclothes, so supple, past oiled musclemen and corpulent beasts alike. Finally, we spotted a promising locale, and made for it.

The cove was truly wondrous, the sort of place we were expecting at first. Cool, sheltered, somehow devoid of others, we took a chance and sat directly upon the rocks themselves, and it was heavenly. At first. As we sat and chatted, my wife suddenly froze, a look of terror upon her face. "What is, sweat meats?" I asked. She raised a palsied hand, pointing behind me. Slowly I turned, afraid of what I'd see. There it was. The most abominable creature I had ever laid eyes on. Though it was quite small, barely bigger than my own hand I would estimate, it was unbelievably fearsome. How can I describe such a creature? A writer would feel the urge to be purple in his prose, but I think a bare description would best serve the demon. Six legs, an ovoid body, black, beady eyes, the whole wretched thing covered with such armor that a Medieval knight would be jealous. And worst of all, its hands. Its hands! And hands they were not, no, but horrible things such as I have never seen, terrible, pinching things that could surely rips a man's limbs from his body! The horror!

As you can imagine, we tried to remain as still as possible, not wanting to draw the thing's attention. But my wife, my poor, fragile wife, could not help herself when the animal took a step forward. She shrieked, like an Irish Banshee. The beast lifted its murderous grabbers at us and Cordelia ran! For a moment I was stuck in terror, but my manly instincts kicked in and I rose, chasing after her. I saw her for a brief moment, but she quickly became lost in the masses. I searched and searched, asking people if they had seen her. They were no help, alas, and I was forced to contact the constabulary. They assured me they would do their best to find her, and sent several of their men out. To their credit, they searched for hours while I took refuge in a local wine shop, too overwhelmed by the situation to be any help in a search and rescue situation. Even when the evil sun sank into the ocean itself, and glass after glass of pinot sunk into me, they looked, lights sweeping over and over the beach, this now-unbearable location.

That was a week ago. Cordelia seems to be lost for good. If she still lives, I hope she is happy wherever she might be. If she has perished, an outcome the constabulary assured me as most likely, then I hope it was not painful for her delicate soul, and that she's in a better place now.

Also, the Hummer was broken into and the lot's landlord had the gall to charge me the full $240! Outrageous!

This is the last time I listen to the men that empties my office trashcan.

Parking: Awful
Atmosphere: Very hot and uncomfortable
Amenities: None
Wine shop: Surprisingly delightful if not a little understocked
Dining: Only fit for pigs
Wife: Lost

One star out of eleven.

Watson Your Back, Holmes

Great specials!

Guy named bruce hooked it up with a two for down near that spot where the pier meets the boardwalk right under the pizza spot (dont get me started about that spot ;p) and when i got home i realized that bruce wasnt kidding about the Special deal he gave me cause afterwards we went skim boarding at the same beach and these teens turned into some sort of cackeling hiena demons right before my eyes man

Chill factor: soo pitted

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
beautiful water, nice sand, tried one of the seals, it was not a seal

3/5

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
if I wanted to look at saggy titties I would have stayed at home and avoided getting my car all sandy. THanks.

google THIS

came for the saggy titties, stayed for the potbellied European male tourists in speedos.

4/5

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

google THIS posted:

stayed for the potbellied European male tourists in speedos.

4/5

sorry you had to go to the beach when I was there

posting smiling
seen too many friends throw away their prime years chasing the beach lifestyle. soon they are using unsafe tactics to enhance the experience, like putting the sand between their toes. meanwhile their skin is turning leathery and brown, but they don't even care. the beach? not even once.

dogcrash truther

Detective Thompson posted:

Life's a beach, then you die!

Heard about this watery monstrosity from a colleague at work. He claimed it was the perfect spot for beating the summer heat. Yeah right, Carlos! Beat the summer heat?! More like be the summer heat! There's no shelter here whatsoever to keep you out of the hellish sun, though a number of enterprising, forward thinking patrons had brought novelty over-sized umbrellas with them. Obviously, they knew something we didn't. I suppose I should be clear and say there was one place where you could go to escape the nightmare gas orb, but it was some sort of public urination hovel and the floor was wet and sandy and it smelled just awful.

Anyway, I'll step back a bit. The wife and I got up around ten the morning of the fifth, took a leisurely stroll around Humungous Palms, our lovely private community, then left, nodding goodbye to Franklin, our jovial day shift gatekeeper. We stopped in at Puggos for brunch and a 'tini or two (I know, booze before noon, we're bad!), then set out to find this "wonderful" beach. Well, first off, the parking was terrible. The lots were full and the people had taken to lining the streets for miles with their SUVs and econoboxes. We thought this was a good sign, as the best spots are always the most crowded. Turns out we should have taken it as an ill omen.

There were several private lots, mostly full, but we managed to find one charging $40 for two hours. We surmised the high prices would ensure more open spaces, as well as a fellow clientele more to our liking. We were right, as there was plenty of room for the Hummer, as well as we met a nice couple from Omaha just pulling in their Maserati. We talked Reagan and beef for the few miles as we walked toward the beach, but somehow we ended up separated in the throngs of sweaty, coconut-scented people. Oh well, we thought, we'd surely run into them again. Finally, we made it to the beach.

Good lord! To our initial fright, the place was packed to the gills with mostly-nude people, either frolicking like Europeans in the water, or laid out in various lascivious yet somehow alluring positions on the ground, evidently soaking in the rays of the beastly sun. People like that, apparently! Upon first stepping on the beach, my wife was severely distressed by the surface. The loose sand was hard to walk on, and I had to do my best to keep her from falling over (Cordelia is quite delicate). We soon realized we were woefully overdressed. Expecting a refined, classy experience, I had worn my favorite dockers, along with a Pierre Gallia sport coat and ascot, topping the whole thing off with a classic captain's hat. Heck, I had driven out to the marina to get it off my yacht (good old Lady of the Wet)! My wife had worn her best ermine wrap over a simple black dress, along with the high heels she had got on sale at Nordstrom for $579. She does love a good bargain!

Before too long, we were sweating like Pablo and his gang doing our yard work, so we sought out some sort of shelter. That was when I first encountered the aforementioned public urination hovel. Fleeing from that abysmal location as quick as we could, we determined that, if we could not escape the heat, we could at least try to escape the noisome crowds. Cordelia was beginning to get the stirs, a condition brought on by excesses of noise. We walked for quite some time, past screaming child after screaming child, lewdly dressed teenage girls in their revealing underclothes, so supple, past oiled musclemen and corpulent beasts alike. Finally, we spotted a promising locale, and made for it.

The cove was truly wondrous, the sort of place we were expecting at first. Cool, sheltered, somehow devoid of others, we took a chance and sat directly upon the rocks themselves, and it was heavenly. At first. As we sat and chatted, my wife suddenly froze, a look of terror upon her face. "What is, sweat meats?" I asked. She raised a palsied hand, pointing behind me. Slowly I turned, afraid of what I'd see. There it was. The most abominable creature I had ever laid eyes on. Though it was quite small, barely bigger than my own hand I would estimate, it was unbelievably fearsome. How can I describe such a creature? A writer would feel the urge to be purple in his prose, but I think a bare description would best serve the demon. Six legs, an ovoid body, black, beady eyes, the whole wretched thing covered with such armor that a Medieval knight would be jealous. And worst of all, its hands. Its hands! And hands they were not, no, but horrible things such as I have never seen, terrible, pinching things that could surely rips a man's limbs from his body! The horror!

As you can imagine, we tried to remain as still as possible, not wanting to draw the thing's attention. But my wife, my poor, fragile wife, could not help herself when the animal took a step forward. She shrieked, like an Irish Banshee. The beast lifted its murderous grabbers at us and Cordelia ran! For a moment I was stuck in terror, but my manly instincts kicked in and I rose, chasing after her. I saw her for a brief moment, but she quickly became lost in the masses. I searched and searched, asking people if they had seen her. They were no help, alas, and I was forced to contact the constabulary. They assured me they would do their best to find her, and sent several of their men out. To their credit, they searched for hours while I took refuge in a local wine shop, too overwhelmed by the situation to be any help in a search and rescue situation. Even when the evil sun sank into the ocean itself, and glass after glass of pinot sunk into me, they looked, lights sweeping over and over the beach, this now-unbearable location.

That was a week ago. Cordelia seems to be lost for good. If she still lives, I hope she is happy wherever she might be. If she has perished, an outcome the constabulary assured me as most likely, then I hope it was not painful for her delicate soul, and that she's in a better place now.

Also, the Hummer was broken into and the lot's landlord had the gall to charge me the full $240! Outrageous!

This is the last time I listen to the men that empties my office trashcan.

Parking: Awful
Atmosphere: Very hot and uncomfortable
Amenities: None
Wine shop: Surprisingly delightful if not a little understocked
Dining: Only fit for pigs
Wife: Lost

One star out of eleven.

Heckuva intro post here

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
So much water. Like, way too much. Why? What am I supposed to do with it?

Miss Psychosis

dogcrash truther posted:

Heckuva intro post here

Yeah :)

google THIS

Not the real ocean

What is this dumb crap? I watched the "ocean" for hours and not once did I see a whale, a shark, or a manta ray. I told my son he would get to meet Nemo and Dory and he was so disappointed. No corals or squids or dolphins? It was clearly just a big vat of salt flavored water. I want my money back.

1/5 This beach is a scam artist

City of Glompton

This aquarium sucks

Came here expecting an authentic aquarium experience; left criying. First off, lots of dead critters everywhere, obviously the staff isn't caring for them very well. Tried to buy some treats to feed the fishes but only it was all labeled as bait?!! Couldn't really see the fish very well in the water, anyway. Decided to try petting the sharks and GUESS WHAT that motherfucker tried to take off my hand.

2/5 At least the sharks are real here not some pussy bamboo sharks or whajtever.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Cat

He's like some kind of machine now, more than a man, more than PAPER.
poopfeast 420

There's nothing left to do but nothing.

• Locked thread