Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yeah so Hes running the constitution party 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

who that

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

I'm convinced. Goode is 'good' for America :)

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Constitution Party button with two flags of a country that rebelled against the country with aforementioned constitution.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

needs more rebel flags imo

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
How do I know if this guy is REALLY supports the confederacy?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Miltank posted:

How do I know if this guy is REALLY supports the confederacy?

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
Lives near me, has a goofy-rear end accent even for hilljacks.

US Hwy 220 is named for him. Virgil Goode Highway.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I have no idea why anyone but candidates that lost the nomination run third party.

At least primary cast-offs have the chance to sabotage the party that got rid of them.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
shouldn't he actually be called virgil bad

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

point of return posted:

noice

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

point of return posted:

:vince:

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
Lol, he lived across the street from me when he was still a Dem. Would see him outside mowing the yard at dark in a wife beater all the time. His mower had headlights too.

He moved round the time he flipped to Republican though so I guess they musta offered him more money or something.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
Any word on Ole' Virgil? I wanna hear him talk in that heavy rear end Southern drawl of his that is worse than mine.

and laugh at his terrible opinions

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Whoever this guy is isn't as good a third party candidate as Vermin Supreme.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

rotinaj posted:

Whoever this guy is isn't as good a third party candidate as Vermin Supreme.

Not that I was gonna vote for Virgil, I was just wondering what the bumpkin had been up too and was too lazy to research.

Vermin is a alright weirdo.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Vermin is a alright weirdo.

Actually we're the weirdos and Vermin Supreme is sane.

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Alex Rohr of GoDanRiver News posted:

Former congressman and Constitution party presidential candidate Virgil Goode will head Donald Trump’s 5th congressional district leadership team, according to a news release from the Trump presidential campaign Wednesday.
The release also states Eric Zehr, Campbell County Republican Committee chairman as a committee co-chair, although Zehr said he didn’t join the team.

“I think it was a misunderstanding, and I’ve already called them back,” Zehr said in a phone interview not long after the announcement Wednesday.

Zehr said he recently was contacted by the Trump campaign to circulate petitions to get the real estate magnate on Virginia’s March 1 primary ballot.

“As chairman of the committee, I had offered to hand out petitions for any candidate that wanted to be on the ballot, just so people would have more candidates to vote for, to choose from,” Zehr said.
He likely will support Sen. Rand Paul, R-Kentucky, or Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, but would support Trump if he gets the GOP nomination.

On Tuesday, Cruz announced he has added a host of tea party leaders to his Virginia leadership team, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch. Trump and Cruz are among five GOP candidates who already have submitted signatures in an effort to qualify for Virginia’s Super Tuesday primary, the newspaper reported.

The news release said Danville Tea Party Chairman and Pittsylvania County Supervisor-elect Ron Scearce also is a co-chair.

Goode served in Congress from 1997 to 2008 as a Democrat, Independent and Republican. In 2008, he lost his seat to Democrat Tom Perriello, who lost to Republican Rep. Robert Hurt in 2010. Hurt currently represents the 5th district.

“Contrary to the claims of the political consultant class, Mr. Trump is the only candidate who can defeat Hillary Clinton. Millions of Republican voters stayed home in 2008 and 2012 because they felt the GOP represented the interests of Wall Street rather than those of working Americans,” Goode said in the news release. “Donald Trump is the best candidate to connect with voters who feel disaffected from both parties.”

Goode could not be reached at the number posted for his Rocky Mount law office.
The 5th congressional district includes Campbell, Appomattox and Nelson counties and most of Bedford County.

Goode, whose 2012 presidential campaign slogan was “Citizenship Matters,” has long called for building a fence on the nation’s Southern border, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch. Trump has championed that idea throughout his campaign.

The release said other leadership team members include Republican Party of Virginia State Central Committee member Trent Maxey, Moneta-area businessman and political activist Jim McKelvey, and Lynchburg-area attorney Susan Oliver.

Oliver and McKelvey could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

“I am proud to announce these fantastic additions to my Virginia leadership team. We have had tremendous crowds and enthusiasm from supporters across the state. I will do a great job for the people of Virginia and with their help we will Make America Great Again!” Trump said in the news release.

Article link: http://www.godanriver.com/news/state/goode-named-to-trump-campaign-team/article_800e4b6a-93c8-11e5-9f78-3f6d169ea5a4.html

So yeah, 2012 Constitution Party Presidential Candidate Virgil Goode has joined Donald Trump's 2016 Republican Presidential campaign team! This kinda reminds me of how 2008 Libertarian Party Presidential candidate Bob Barr endorsed the 2012 Republican Presidential campaign of Newt Gingrich!

If Trump loses the Republican nomination for president, maybe Virgil Goode could try to convince Trump to seek the Constitution Party's 2016 nomination. Or Trump could run as an independent and Virgil Goode could convince the leaders of the Constitution Party to endorse Trump's independent candidacy.

Or maybe Trump will win the Republican presidential nomination and receive the endorsement of the Constitution Party!

I dunno, I'm just speculating about poo poo here.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
can't hood(e) the goode

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

point of return posted:

can't hood(e) the goode
How do you pronounce that locally? If I'm pronouncing my Piedmont correctly, it's closer to a long /o/ like in "nose".

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The real downside here is that Goode is such an embarrassment of a human being his objective failure of a campaign won't register inside his poo poo brain. It was sad to see one of the few good Dems in Virginia replaced by this tit.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Virgil Texas right? I read that guy on twitter sometimes, seems alright

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

Peachstapler posted:

How do you pronounce that locally? If I'm pronouncing my Piedmont correctly, it's closer to a long /o/ like in "nose".

Goo and dood ran together is the sound you're looking for. :banjo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Lol, he lived across the street from me when he was still a Dem. Would see him outside mowing the yard at dark in a wife beater all the time. His mower had headlights too.

thats a damm good idea imo.

• Locked thread