Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Smythe posted:

starcraft

SUCKS!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I added Shogun 2 to my wishlist to purchase in a future steam sale

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This game basically skated by being insanely fun, unique, and genuinely humorous at times.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

Good poo poo. Get medieval 2 and the expansions if you see them on sale too.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The best part of medieval 2 which no other TW game did for some reason: when you upgrade a units armor and weapon, it shows on the units. Levy spearmen with platemail and pikes FTW

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Average Bear posted:

The best part of medieval 2 which no other TW game did for some reason: when you upgrade a units armor and weapon, it shows on the units. Levy spearmen with platemail and pikes FTW

the TW:Arena beta thing does that now too.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
tiberian sun freakin FTW

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smythe posted:

tiberian sun freakin FTW

Every C&C game so far has been good in its own right, um except maybe C&C4 because I havent played that one. There's a handful that probably shouldn't have been called C&C games but whatever.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I never played C&C4 but I've heard from everyone I know who's played it that it's rancid.

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 23, 2015

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I liked C&C Generals even though it wasn't really a "true" C&C style RTS, it was still goofy and weird.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I never played C&C4 but I've heard from everyone that it's rancid.

It's mostly just really really uninteresting on every level. maybe it had balance problems too but i didnt play long enough to find out

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i didn't even bother with C&C4 after 3 bored me to tears. Red Alert 3 is the closest they've come to reigniting the magic of Westwood.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Red Alert 3 had kind of its own issues though. I thought it was weird that they had two factions that both focused on high tech weapons, and having every unit have its own alternate mode or ability or whatever was a neat idea but really cumbersome to actually use.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

that's why i said 'closest'

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Concordat posted:

Red Alert 3 had kind of its own issues though. I thought it was weird that they had two factions that both focused on high tech weapons, and having every unit have its own alternate mode or ability or whatever was a neat idea but really cumbersome to actually use.

It's really annoying to me that a lot of the special abilities are actually firemodes and not abilities that are easy to micro for people used to playing, uh, any other RTS ever. And if you box select some that are half-and-half and hit the switch button, they dont all switch to the same one, they just all switch individually.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I just crushed some noobs in AOEIIHD with mass paladins while lagging all over the place :killdozer:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Strategic Tea posted:

Anyone play world in conflict? drat that was a good game. And you could call in anything from air recon to artillery to nukes from off map.

I really liked both Ground Controls and WiC

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i want total warhammer

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
i like the pirate captain ork in dawn of war 2
i just completed his campagin in retribution it was good

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

just play openra
its free + good

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Michaellaneous posted:

just play openra
its free + good

you are right

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

PSA: Shogun 2 is 75% off sale right now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

PSA: Shogun 2 is 75% off sale right now.

I got the email from Steam yesterday, but Ty :cheers:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

For some reason it didnt give that email to me, even though it emails me when bullshit i'm not actually planning to buy goes on sale for like 25%

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i would be happy doing some shogun 2 multi games if anybody else wants to

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

For some reason it didnt give that email to me, even though it emails me when bullshit i'm not actually planning to buy goes on sale for like 25%

Well, really. It sent me an email saying Left for Dead 2 is 5 dollars off, which made me open up my wishlist and remove L4D2, and then I saw shogun was on sale

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd5Jsr7naFA&hd=1

:getin:

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
red alert 2 needs a source port