Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
whether its putting up a shelf, or building a computer desk, or one of those stands so you can put your computer on it and stand up to use the computer, or cutting + laying new bathroom tiles + grouting them etcetera - DIY is something we all like to do. therefore tjhis is the thread to show off your badass tool man skills and also to talk about what types of drill bits are the best for screwing into pine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i don't do anything myself, op

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i don't do anything myself, op

What happens if U need to put a shelf up?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

I.N.R.I posted:

What happens if U need to put a shelf up?

I give up and put it on the floor

black pete
Mar 24, 2015

DON'T MIND ME!

I'LL MAKE JOKES ABOUT RAPE.
Loads of yospos denizens have made themselves standing desks because they think standing up all day is a viable substitute for exercising.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
the only thing i make is fat loving stacks of cash with my cherry red keyboard clickity clack clickity clack clickity clack pounding away all loving day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
digital photography is too easy, forgiving, and cost efficient for me, so i waste tons of time and money shooting film and developing it myself at home using hazardous chemicals. with the negatives, i make my own wet prints in a makeshift darkroom in my basement. i'm set up to do b&w prints, but my enlarger (a beseler 23c) has a color head on it (note the CMY knobs). so i could theoretically make my own color prints (known as the ra-4 process), but it involves extremely precise temperature management and i don't have the means to do that right now. the black and white process is much more forgiving. i can make prints from 35mm film up to the largest medium format size, 6x9 cm. the amount of detail you get out of a 6x9 negative in an 8x10 print is mind boggling to see in person. i've never seen a digital print come close to that level of detail. if you bring your film to a lab these days and ask for prints, they will run your film through a developing machine and then do a digital scan of your negatives instead of the old school ra-4 wet printing process. then they turn those digital scans into prints, but the quality is pure garbage.

last winter I came across a landlord giving away a shitload of darkroom equipment for free from a tenant who was evicted, so I picked up a bunch of photo paper for nothing. it's expired, but still works fine and produces amazing quality prints. if i were to buy all of this stuff brand new, it would cost me into the thousands.

included in the pile of darkroom stuff was some slides and undeveloped b&w film from the 1970s. naturally, I developed the film and scanned some of the images. the evicted tenant was a woman and she liked to photograph men.

edit: goddamn it, this thread got moved from yospos to here while i was writing this effortpost?

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 22, 2015

• Locked thread