Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
http://googleblog.blogspot.ie/2015/07/everything-in-its-right-place.html

quote:

When we launched Google+, we set out to help people discover, share and connect across Google like they do in real life. While we got certain things right, we made a few choices that, in hindsight, we’ve needed to rethink. So over the next few months, we’re going to be making some important changes. Here’s more about what you can expect:

A more focused Google+ experience
Google+ is quickly becoming a place where people engage around their shared interests, with the content and people who inspire them. In line with that focus, we’re continuing to add new features like Google+ Collections, where you can share and enjoy posts organized by the topics you care about. At the same time, we’ll also move some features that aren’t essential to an interest-based social experience out of Google+. For example, many elements of Google+ Photos have been moved into the new Google Photos app, and we’re well underway putting location sharing into Hangouts and other apps, where it really belongs. We think changes like these will lead to a more focused, more useful, more engaging Google+.

Using Google without a Google+ profile
People have told us that accessing all of their Google stuff with one account makes life a whole lot easier. But we’ve also heard that it doesn’t make sense for your Google+ profile to be your identity in all the other Google products you use.

So in the coming months, a Google Account will be all you’ll need to share content, communicate with contacts, create a YouTube channel and more, all across Google. YouTube will be one of the first products to make this change, and you can learn more on their blog. As always, your underlying Google Account won’t be searchable or followable, unlike public Google+ profiles. And for people who already created Google+ profiles but don’t plan to use Google+ itself, we’ll offer better options for managing and removing those public profiles.

You’ll see these changes roll out in stages over several months. While they won’t happen overnight, they’re right for Google’s users—both the people who are on Google+ every single day, and the people who aren’t.

Posted by Bradley Horowitz, VP of Streams, Photos, and Sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
google is bad

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gas

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Space-Pope posted:

google is bad

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

VP of streams

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Space-Pope posted:

google is bad

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

gently caress Google

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Awia posted:

VP of streams
don't cross him

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Space-Pope posted:

google is bad

Actually, it's good

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

maniacdevnull posted:

Actually, it's good

did you know you can go to google.com and search for almost anything on the web?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

the web is dead.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Last Chance posted:

the web is dead.

good

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i'm not sorry the web is dead

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

ShadowHawk posted:

don't cross him

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
google tried to leverage its properties to kill Facebook despite strong user pushback, failed miserably, now trying to spin it as paying attention to the users.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

ShadowHawk posted:

don't cross him

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

this, but google does suit my searching needs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram