Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: +2 Cold: -1x Vol: -1 Dark: +1
Harm: 3/4 XP: 2/5 Conditions:

"Hahahaha, you should totally help out Sam, it'd make up for you tripping me a second ago!" Might as well make sure everyone knows about that - besides, it's totally ironic having to rely on the help of the person that just bashed your head in a lot! I think, I don't know, I'm loving woozy thank you very much!

Offering Sam advice, she should help Kailey out to make amends - If they choose not to do what you tell them to, give them a String. If they follow your advice and wish they hadn’t, or vice versa, take 2 Strings on them and they mark experience.

Jewel's still looking awful embarrassed, but I think because I was feeling her up and not because she tried to kill me? How hosed up is that! I've treated her like a little sister; a little sister I'm not in any way related to and also really wanted to have sex with! The murder thing is kinda hot I guess, except wait it's me! So yeah, that's a major turn-off Jewel.

Bestowing condition Unappealing on Jewel from Fox and Crane, but Jewel takes a string on Kailey. Also marking XP - Kailey's "trick" of invoking a tug of war over Jewel worked out incredibly poorly for her.

Esther asking for help makes me sound fat though. "I'm not heavy, Esther - I just have big tits. Hahahahaha." That's totally something that's close to being true, and I'm not dying with everyone thinking I'm a fatass. Besides, she's right next to me, I'm sure she's checking them out, wet with blood (it's making a cool river down my face!) or not.

<Rauri> Turn on Esther
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+2 = 9
Self / promise / string?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Sep 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 1 Cold 0 Volatile 1 Dark -1

Harm 1/4 XP 0/5 Conditions: X-Rated Interests, Dominatrix, delinquent

"I'm just being nice to her, since you've put me in such a good mood." I let out a nervous laugh. "Uh sure I'll help. Do you want Sky to come? For the business, not the pleasure." I playfully elbow her and waggle my eyebrows. "Unless." I let go of Sky. "But seriously," I whisper back, "We can do whatever you want." Yeah I hope Judy's friend is okay. But like what's the worst that could happen? Is this bear country?

giving self

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot: +1, Cold: -1, Volatile: +1, Dark: +0, Integrity: +0
Harm: 2/4, XP: 3/5, Conditions: Klutzy, Under Suspicion, Tale Teller, Scented, Terrified, Unappealing

First things first, taking an xp for rolling cold earlier since that is apparently my other highlight

I kind of just...watch for a second, as Samantha trips Kailey (I guess to defend my honor or whatever) and Kailey freaks out, covered in blood. But before I can really say anything about it, Judy points out Rachel and goes running off. Which, I mean...okay I guess. I don't want to make a scene of everything involving Kailey and Samantha and I hope Samantha understands that (I'd tell her so later anyway) but for now, I had to do something about Them...which means, I pasted a smile to my face and walked over to the Stickbug group and Rachel in particular.

"H...hey Rachel." I start, a little unsure. "I uhm, I'm sorry about missing you earlier, the counselors needed to see me this morning. But uhm, I'm available now? If you want to talk I mean. Maybe...maybe we could find some place quiet and have a chat?" I offer brightly. I didn't really feel as chipper as I was presenting to her, of course, but, you catch more flies with honey, right?

Rolling to manipulate Rachel into going off with Jewel

2d6+1: 8 [2d6=1, 6]

What will it take for her to agree?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: -1 , Cold: -1, Volatile 1x Dark: 2
Harm: 1/4, XP: 3/5, Conditions: Foolish, Unprincipled, Watched, Cruel *Darkest Self*

"I'd love to" I smirked. "Unfortunately I have a prior engagement. Still I won't bother you anymore assuming you've learnt your lesson. " That was the most she was going to get from me. She'd better have learnt her lesson otherwise she wouldn't get back up from her next beating.

Kailey gives me a string

I slipped away from the group and moved deeper into the woods. Now where were those cultists from earlier hiding. Did they have something to do with the vanishing of the other campers? I was going to make them pay for spying on me. I headed grimly towards the other end of the lake wondering as I went what I'd find there. This time I would get the drop on them. I was going to enjoy it.

18:56] Ferrosol gaze about spies
[18:56] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[18:56] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 10+2 = 12
the visions are lucid and detailed, the visions show you what you must do and you carry +1 forward to doing it. Marking XP as well

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 Experience 1/5 Conditions: Normal Human
Moves mimicked:

Wrapped in Torli's arms I feel warm and safe and every time her hand runs through my hair my breath catches a little in my throat I raise my face to hers to kiss her but Judy appears and pulls Torli back away from me. That is disappointing but I sense the tiniest edge of a tremor in Judy's hands as she whispers in Torli's ear and something in her tense embrace speaks of need and fear and desire all at once maybe not so far from what I was feeling a few moments ago. I could be difficult and make things 'awkward' but why should they not enjoy themselves? I wonder if they have mated before? I know Torli would be only to happy to 'make out' with me again so I am happy to let this opportunity pass. Besides an opportunity of another sort has presented itself I still need to speak to Kailey in private and Sam has just refused to help her.

"You have been busy Torli haven't you? I will let you two have some time to yourselves!" I wink at her which is what humans like Kailey do to imply a sexual frame of reference. Then I dash over to help the struggling Esther hold up Kailey. It is unfortunate she will have to accompany us but hopefully I can convince her to leave us later.

"I will give you a hand Kailey I think you are probably too much for one girl to handle!" I put my arm underneath her shoulders she is heavy but it is not so difficult with Esther helping. At least I know I am not bothered by blood at all or I would probably find this much more difficult.

Turn On Kailey: 2d6+1 8
Accidentally added 1 there but it doesn't change the result. String/self/promise?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Hot -1 | Cold 2 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm: 1/4 | EXP: 0/5 | Conditions: Bad Karma, Hiding Something, Terrified, Drained

Not only is Sam totally unwilling to help with an injury she seems to be relishing -- how did she get this screwed up in such a short period of time? For that matter, how is Jewel so blasé? How much time do I have? Who actually uses the phrase "prior engagement" while walking away from a severely injured girl? -- Kailey is still messing with me even now, which just goes to show that there's a certain kind of person who just can't switch herself off. Or it's trauma. "Sure, Kailey, sure," I say, trying to deal with the whole "hysterics" issue. "If that's what makes you feel comfortable, then just keep talking."

<MetalForehead> shut down Kailey
<MetalForehead> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> MetalForehead, 7+2 = 9
Let's have some mutual string loss.

Although I have to admit, with my attention zeroed in on supporting her from here, she does -- no, on second thought, I don't have to admit anything, because what I do have to do is just shut up and prioritize.

Have a string, and Shadowed.

Thankfully -- well, sort of thankfully; I still feel myself tensing up a little bit -- Sky slips in and supports Kailey from the other side. Which doesn't exactly make me comfortable, but -- at the same time -- it's not a terrible thing to have someone who is, if not in your camp (so to speak), then at least not an immediate potential threat because she's afraid of you. "Glad to have you," I say, and heave Kailey onto one shoulder, then begin shlepping towards the path that leads to the infirmary (with Sky here, I'd prefer to stay on the paths).

..."prior engagement" could mean anything. "Follow Sam," I say, under my breath. "Find out what she's trying to do." That girl's not right, that girl's not right, and I am not letting her do whatever it is in the middle of the woods unattended...

<MetalForehead> and gaze about Sam
<MetalForehead> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> MetalForehead, 8+1 = 9
Clear and detailed, but draining, please.

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 8, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: +2 Cold: -1x Vol: -1 Dark: +1x
Harm: 3/4 XP: 3/5 Conditions: Drained

Wowowowowow Sam, you bitch! Who talks like that?! Also, I hope you're a giant fan of having pranks played on you ALL summer, since that's what's going to happen!

Way less people care that I'm this hurt than I thought. Hahaha, that totally sucks! Sky cares though, she comes over to help Esther carry me, saying something about believing it would take more than one person to handle me. "Hahahaha, that's right!" I confirm to Sky with an insane grin. Esther and Sky both having their arms wrapped around me would normally be pretty ideal, they're both cute and Sky seems either willing or ridiculously naïve, except for the whole head trauma thing. Have I mentioned it hurts? It REALLY hurts.

Sky takes a string on Kailey.

Still, while the two of them help walk me to the office, I give Sky a blood peck on the cheek, leaving a cool bloody lip-print and everything! It looks like she just got kissed by Bugs Bunny in drag, except instead of lots of makeup, blood. Blood blood blood!

"Hahahaha, I think I blacked out for a second!" I happily report, since things did go black for a second and suddenly we're further along the trail? Weeeird. "Thanks you two, don't think I'd have made it myself. Probably would've tripped again and died, hahahahaha!"

While they help me along, I'm trting to think of a great way to prank Sam. She more or less deserves it now - especically given that she hit me earlier, too, when I was just trying to help her! So, what to do, what to do... other than not fall asleep, anyways. Bet I'd die.

Gazing about how to best prank / mess with Sam, got a 7
Visions are lucid and detailed but Kailey is drained. Marking XP.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 8, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 Experience 1+1/5 Conditions: Normal Human
Moves mimicked:

I love hearing Kailey laugh it would almost be too easy to forget that she is injured and needs our help. "I hope it does not hurt too much Kailey I am sure we can make you feel better soon." When she kisses my cheek I touch my fingers to the spot almost without thinking and they come away with her blood on the tips. Blood has power for humans and animals I wipe it across my cheekbones. "Thank you I think it suits me!" Red white and black those are my colors those are -

- no they are not my colors they are hers the colors she died in the colors she wore with her friend in the photo my colors are black and white and blue the deep iridescent blue of the lake blue like the feather in my hair. I take the hairpin out and clasp it between my fingers but in the dim light all I can see is black. A black feather, a cheap, tacky accessory for a sad girl who dreamed of flying, and freedom, and a new life -

Kailey's raucous laughter interrupts my reverie I shake my head and return the pin to my hair these things are not important now Kailey is important finding Bethany and Jake is important making sure Esther is not involved is important. Esther is tired and probably distracted but I know I would find it difficult to deceive her. But Kailey this close to Kailey I can feel her chest moving next to mine feel our breathing synchronise how would she deal with this situation? How would she remove Esther so that she could talk privately? I summon everything I have seen of her to form the images in my mind's eye...

Gaze into the Abyss re: (Drained) Esther: 2d6+2 10
The visions are lucid and detailed; the visions show me what I must do, and I take 1 forward to doing it.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot +0 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark +1
Harm: 1/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Gang: 6/6 | Conditions: Pervo, Running Scared, Impulsive

"Well, lets save your good moods for me from here out, okay?" I try to make my voice frosty, but it's melting a little. I wish I could take her up on that offer. "Mmm. After we make sure Lexa's alright, okay?" I grab release her from my grip from behind and take her hand, pulling her off into the woods in the direction I heard the sound from. I might have invited Skye to come along to help, more eyes wouldn't hurt, but she's already off, so I don't bother calling after her, and just run into the woods pulling Torli with me towards the hills and Lexa.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Harm 1/4 XP 0/5 Conditions: X-Rated Interests, Dominatrix, delinquent

"Oh yes ma'am, I apologize ma'am." I giggle. Judy wears that serious look well, that authoritative tone suits her. "Lead the way ma'am." I'm sure Lexa is actually fine, so I can only really think of how Judy will reward me for helping her. Well for a bit at least. If it's to obvious I might have a punishment incoming and not the fun kind. She thinks her friend is really in trouble after all. I wonder were Lexa could be?

Gaze, where is Lexa. 8 confusion vision

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Jewel, Rachel seems stunned for a second, then swallows hard: "Right now? But it's so dark! But, oh..." She bites her lip. "Okay, yeah, sure... And it's okay, I know Ms. Langford's a hardass." She takes a step, then stops and turns to look into your eyes. "This isn't a trick, right? I mean, you... Judy didn't put you up to this, did she? Because..."

She'll go if you make her feel that you're into her, at least a little.

Sam, you glide through the woods as the night closes itself slowly around you; stalking through the whispering trees feels like being home. You have no trouble wending your way around the lake, the place is burned into your memory as though you'd been there a hundred times: a large flat outcropping of timeworn rock, where generations upon generations have stood to watch the cold stars trace their inexorable paths through the Colorado sky. As you approach, the sound of voices filters to you through the trees -- human voices, children's voices, raised in lilting, off-key chorus. There: upon the stone floor the Order dance, naked, seven of them turning a ragged circle with steps counter to the beat of their creaking song. And beside them, between them, beneath them, others dance: rings within rings of dancers, echoes and shadows and patterns ground into the rock below. Like the turning of a key... slowly, slowly, the lock begins to open...

+1 forward to joining the dance, or to disrupting it.

Esther, the girl makes a hollow, hissing sob in your ear; the cursed one has swallowed her curse, eaten her own shadow. She seeks to burn those who stand before her, but knows not that they are torches: they hunger for the flame. The girl knows, she knows, for did she not light the torches herself, once? With a mournful wail, the girl whips away across the lake, towards the opposite shore, leaving you numb and your ears ringing.

Kailey, oh, but it's so simple! The pain makes you sharper, yes, more focused, the pain... now you can see the way Sam was acting, the little hints, the stance, the voice: she's found someone, oh yes, someone she cares about. And isn't love the funniest thing? Heh heh...

Sky, Kailey... Kailey would think of the thing Esther cares most about, and convince Esther with those twisty words she uses that that thing is out there waiting for her. Then Esther would go to check, and find nothing, because the precious thing would already have been in Kailey's pocket all along. And Kailey would laugh and laugh! You try on Kailey's personality like an unfamiliar coat. Can your words twist like that, little magpie? And what would it mean, if you found out they could?

Torli, eyes closed, you picture Lexa... wrapped within Terry's arms, her laughter ringing, her craning her neck with pleasure... you sniff at the evening air -- what is that scent? It reminds you of her; so familiar, and yet so strange, an iron scent insidious upon the skirling wind. You lead Judy up into the hills, up a rough gravel path drenched in dying sunset. And there, against a huge rock scratched with ancient graffiti, you find Terry. His throat has been slit, a horrible crimson gash beneath eyes painted with shock. One lifeless hand still holds a twisted blue hairpin: Lexa's...

Fresh footprints in the muddy gravel lead further up into the hills. What do you do?

Both of you need to hold steady if you want to do something other than freak out!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Harm: 1/4 | Experience: 3/5 | Gang: 6/6 | Conditions: Pervo, Running Scared, Impulsive

I grin, a bit weakly, at Torli. If this is actually a mistake, and Lexa is fine, I'll make this up to her -so- much.

It isn't though. I stare in shock at Terry the corpse. Laying there. A pool of blood. Did Lexa do this?

No

No No No. Lexa wouldn't. Lexa couldn't. Not her. Someone has her. I have to help her.

3:58:18 PM godfish hold steady (gonna fail)
3:58:21 PM godfish !r 2d6-1
3:58:21 PM Krysmbot godfish, 5-1 = 4

Wrenching my eyes away from Terry the corpse, I move to follow the bloody trail. I have to rescue Lexa. I have to.

I fall to my knees before I've even made it three steps, and wretch.

This isn't the same as Lyn's body. So much worse. Even if I didn't know Terry it.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 2/4, XP: 4/5, Conditions: Klutzy, Under Suspicion, Tale Teller, Scented, Terrified, Unappealing

"Judy? Oh, no way, no, this is all me." It was true, after a fashion. I smiled, a little unsure of myself. Probably not for the reasons she thought, of course, but...still, this sucked. This was going to cause problems. I just...I wish there was a better way to do this. If only...

I offer her my hand. "We won't be gone long, or well, too long. I promise." We wouldn't, indeed. I knew how to be confident; it was sadly necessary for when They demanded things of me. And I could show it when I needed to, like now. I just hated doing it. Hated doing Their bidding. But there was no other way, nothing else I could do for this one. She was sacrificing to save so many, and I felt so bad because she couldn't know...she'd never know.

But I couldn't show her that. Instead, I pulled her up and I smiled at her again, whispered in her ear. "I uhm, I get the sense we have a mutual sort of interest." Again, it was technically true. I gave her hand a little tug and I gave her a wink and I sashayed a little bit as I started us off somewhere a lot more private. Sam's face kept coming back to me when I had doubts - I couldn't let Them take her. I needed her. I deserved her. Rachel didn't deserve this, of course. It wasn't fair to her. But just like my parents were priorities; people who I'd give away other people to protect, so was Sam. I wouldn't let Them take her. So I bent the truth. I used language that meant one thing but sounded like another thing. I was getting good at it. They didn't care if I lied, of course, but...if I could convince myself I wasn't lying, not really, it helped. Helped me. Helped Them. There was only one person it didn't help, really. One person out of everyone else. One person it only harmed.

And I was pulling her away from the fire, towards the shadowy treeline. Away from the light.

That wasn't selfish of me, was it?

Going to claim my xp from Dark Recruiter at this juncture?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I stumble over to Judy and wrap her in my arms to make hermyself feel better. It takes a few tries before I manage to finally speak. "We need to tell the counselors," I let out in a hoarse whisper. Luckily the shock is dulling my reaction. I try not to think about anything my body failed to eject except for tears. Well until Judy dry heaves. Ugh I can feel it bubbling up. Ughughguh I hate throwing up. Okay calm down, breath. Block out the smell. Keep focused so you can safely leave and get help. God I must be crushing Judy I'm so frazzled.

hold steady 6

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 Experience 2/5 Conditions: Normal Human
Moves mimicked:

The lights of the building belonging to the human nurse bloom in the darkness and my eyes swim with detail again. Esther and I lower Kailey into a chair to wait for the nurse to arrive. The blood on her pale skin looks garish in the artificial light solidified contrast matching the blood on my cheeks. The blood will wash off for humans do not appreciate these things but until then I will be connected to Kailey by the thinnest rust-coloured thread. Now how should I encourage Esther to leave?

I lean into her as we straighten up putting my arm around her shoulders in a gesture of affection. "Whew thank you Esther that took lots of energy didn't it? You look tired maybe you should go rest I can stay with Kailey it is okay." That part is completely true Esther does look worn maybe she is not so used to physical activity? I lean my head on her shoulder. "It has been a busy day hasn't it?"

Turn On (Drained) Esther: 2d6+1 7
(String), promise, self?

That is a lesson I have learned from Kailey the closer you hew to the truth the more convincing you can be but still it might not be enough. I pull on that thread of rust a little more. Kailey would give Esther a reason to leave something that is more important to her than staying here. Kailey would probably then use that to lay a trap but that part is less important to me for now. I tilt my head toward Esther and speak quietly into her ear. "I am worried something is happening in the forest you understand what I mean when I say the shadows are wrong yes? People are missing and I wonder if the safe places have been breached." She knows I know more of the forest than most so my words should have more authority right?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Ahahaha, Sam loves somebody, and it's gotta be Jewel. Would explain why she shoved me! Ahaha, that's hilarious.

Esther and Sky have lowered me into one of the chairs, the air conditioning of the nurse's clinic a welcome change over the sun's heat. Plus nice to sit down since my head's almost cracked open, probably looks super gross! Laying back while they talk to each other for a while, I'm feeling pretty sleepy. A nap sure would be nice right now, with someone cute and soft and DTF next to me of course. Oh, and to not be losing blood, or have head trauma, or be at this dumb camp. Willing to settle for the nap and partner, though. Stupid Alice making that a one time thing...

Still, got a plan. Jewel seems to be all like, caring and stuff. Bet if I get extra-bandaged up, act super hurt and sad, she'll be all regretful and a couple steps of my master plan later, she'll sleep with me and I'll use that to get back at Sam! Plus getting with Jewel is totally a great plan in and of itself, even if she is wayyy too prickly about her personal space.

Oh, I was drifting off. Sitting up in the chair, remembering where I am and no longer fantasizing about Jewel, I raise a hand to the wound again. OUCH! Stings, of course. Still seems to be bleeding, so like... "Where's the nurse?" I ask both of them, guessing that neither of them know either. "If she got lost in the trails... Hahahaha! That'd be soooo great!" If there is someone here that's supposed to be taking care of me, I imagine my delirious laugh will summon them, if only to put a stop to it.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Harm: 1/4, XP: 3/5, Conditions: Foolish, Unprincipled, Watched, Cruel *Darkest Self*

They'd spied on me. They were going to hurt suffer for what they did. Creepy voyeurs the lot of them. And yet as I got closer to the dance heard the sound of the eerie music a part of me wanted to help. I could feel the scar on my hand throb in time with the beat the need to throw off my clothes and join in where I was meant to be where I needed to be....

[09:37] Ferrosol hold steady vs creepy cult
[09:37] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[09:37] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6-1 = 5

why had I even thought about resisting. Shrugging off my clothes I took my place in the circle the place I had always been meant to be and joined the dance lost in it's ecstasy. A distant part of me screamed. "Jewel." but that didn't seem important right now all that mattered was the dance.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Hot -1 | Cold 2 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm: 1/4 | XP: 0/5 | Conditions: Bad Karma, Hiding Something, Terrified, Drained

Kailey seems... dazed. Damaged. She is dazed and damaged -- of course she is, she's leaking like a faucet -- probably has no control over her own mouth. I feel pretty much the same. I should be relaxing. In fact I should, by all rights, be asleep, and Sky corroborates that -- ugh, Sky, another variable I have to watch out for, someone who wants me out of the picture for some godforsaken -- I don't know -- and too close, too close, always too close... "Fine, I'll get out of here -- just... Kailey, uh, I'm sure she'll be here eventually. I know a little first aid, so I'm going to try and be back here later if you need it. Try not to sleep, I guess." Promising something she thinks Sky wants: temporary privacy.

Petitioning to remove Bad Karma for Esther's part in escorting Kailey to the nurse's.

And then.

And then of course, of course, Sky whispers in my ear that again -- twice in one day after weeks and weeks of freedom, peace, sanctum sanctorum -- Chicken House is threatened. Again. From her or the bird-god living inside her or Sam's curse or the torches in the woods. It doesn't matter -- either way, either way I go, I'm leaving my flank open to attack, to invasion, to some deceit or ruse from one faction or the other -- and the only person I can trust curls inside my mind, unable to really touch the world. See, that's what I hate -- hate hate deeply truly hate -- about summer camp, how easy it is to lie to people, to gently caress with you for good reasons or bad reasons or no reasons at all, just because that is what you do, that is how you are...

I didn't know it before, but it is absolutely possible to panic while you're unable to care about -- any of it. About my head in my hands or my feeling of my gorge rising. About my girl's "torches" or the goddess of the air or the shadow that was eaten or the -- the -- I don't -- I can't -- I shouldn't have to deal -- with all this. I want to go home and stop paying attention to this. With this poo poo with this illimitable endless garbage earth --

<MetalForehead> triggering Ocean's Breath for Esther
<MetalForehead> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> MetalForehead, 9+2 = 11
O, rainstorm, take away something that's bothering me or bring in something to comfort me.

(The sound of thunder.)

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 20, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Moves mimicked:

It worked it worked it works! Esther leaves looking very concerned I can tell my words have had an effect on her. I feel a little guilty for playing on her fears but it is not so very bad if they are legitimate fears right? After all there is something dark and dangerous going on in the woods that is why I wanted Kailey's advice in the first place since she is smart and good at getting her own way and good at covering her back.

Poor Kailey though! The wound on her head looks very sore beneath the blood so I kiss it tenderly enjoying the sensation of the blood on my lips. "So now that we have some privacy I wanted to ask your advice Kailey." The nurse has still not arrived but I do not see why I should not take on some of her duties right now. I make a cloth damp with water and start cleaning her scalp and face. "You see I was probably the last person to see Jake Rutger today and I think I know where he disappeared from but I do not know how I should tell the bosses without it being suspicious and I do not want to go into the woods myself." I stroke her hair as I dab at the blood to help her relax and maybe because I enjoy how it feels beneath my fingers such a world of sensation humans have! "What do you think I should do? It feels wrong to stay quiet when people are missing but I do not want to be in trouble." After all I have a lot to hide.

Turn On (Drained) Kailey: 2d6+1 5
All is not lost! I have 1 forward from the vision, and can spend a string to get to 7. (String)/promise/self? Since this presumably qualifies as sexy first aid, Kailey can heal 2 harm.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

No nurse - no rules!

Waitwaitwait, I'm getting ahead of myself! Esther's left after promising to come back, recommending that I not fall asleep. Hahahahaha! There's a part with Tobias in Season 2 of Arrested Development where Tobias has to do the same thing, but everyone lets him fall asleep anyways. That's a really great show. Anyways, I don't have to worry about that- Sky's here, and she's not so much watching my back as she is washing my front. Mostly my face, but the blood does trail downward... she kisses my forehead and asks my advice. With one eye not blood-encrusted, I can see her cute little blushes, the way she fixates one me when she works to help me. It's sweet, but I'm also delirious!

Or am I?!

Yes, yes I am.

Apparently Jake's missing? Totally wasn't paiyng any attention to that. Anywyas, Sky was the last one to see him and wants to tell the counselors about his deal, but she doesn't want to get in trouble for it. That's... that's it? I'd like... I'd hoped she was pregnant, or something! This is too easy!

"Mhhmm, that's easy Sky!" I move a hand up to hers, the one holding a cloth, and let her move it - as if I'm participating in cleaning the blood off my own face. It's not like it being on me is what bugs me, it's it not being in me and more importantly the pain that sucks. "Just write it on a note, you know! Disgusguise your handwriting - otherwise therer's no point, hahahaha!" I just through about how funny it would be to write a note that just says "The Other Note is From Sam". Or Sky, who cares as long as its funny!

"Just include a few details, you know? Stuff they'd have to follow up on - doesn't have to be true. As long as they look for him right? Oh, and lastly..." Looking about from my prone position in the chair, I motion for her to lean in closer, as if I have some great secret for her. When she does... I wrap two arms around her, pretty much trying to unhook her bra as quickly as I can, kissing her cheek, then her lips. I pull her closer to me - onto the chair with me if she lets me. I'm so soft and cuddly, she's so cute and she's made me feel better - and what, I might die - can't I get laid one last time?! I move her hand holding the washcloth down too, onto my totally awesome tits. Lets see her resist me now!

<Rauri> Turn on Sky
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+3 = 10
Additionally Kailey is Giving Self as a result of Sky's Turn On.

Offering Advice - Submit an anonymous letter with the info about Jake to the Counselors.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Sep 20, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Moves mimicked: +Silver Tongue

Well that is a very clever solution Kailey may think that it was 'easy' but to communicate information without disclosing your identity is an ability almost unique to humans I am not surprised it did not occur to me. I knew I choose the right person to ask Kailey was so confident and so quick with her answer I hope I can be that helpful to people in the future.

Mimic Kailey: 2d6+1 9
Sky gets a temporary use of Silver Tongue. Not like that.

That is very good I am just about to thank Kailey when -

- oh. This is nice this is exciting I was not expecting Kailey to be so eager to make out or maybe even to mate with me but that certainly seems to be the direction she wants us to travel I can feel her hands trying to remove my clothing which is traditional for humans in these situations this is going to be so much fun! I return her kiss enthusiastically and put the cloth aside letting her guide my hands across her pale skin leaving little traces of blood behind them greedy for as much warmth and sensation and pleasure as I can take leaving all my worries with the shadows outside.

Fade to black.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The Nurse's Office

Kailey, what do you think of Sky? You can tell she's been watching you, mimicking you... you saw how she handled Esther. What do you think that whole "safe places" thing was about, anyway? What do you reveal to Sky that you haven't revealed to anyone else?

You can heal 2 harm from intimate first aid. Your sex move triggers; ask away.

Sky, what strange thought enters your head while you're lying here with Kailey? Does it make you think about the girl whose body you're wearing? How much do you know about the way human relationships work? What's the weirdest thing about this experience?

Your sex move triggers, giving you a copy of Kailey's: "After you have sex, ask them if it was real or just for fun. If they say it was real, laugh at them and take a String. If they say it was just for fun, give them 2 Strings on you and mark experience."

Esther, you leave Sky and Kailey and move out into the counselor's lounge, fuming. A junior counselor with an impressively long ponytail is chilling out on a sofa with her eyes closed, listening to her headphones; she must be pretty out of it not to have heard you bring in Kailey. Other than that, the counselor's hut is empty. But then there is a subtle whisper... the girl... Your eye catches upon the jumbled pile of mail on the front desk (probably Ms. Ponytail is supposed to be sorting it right now). And on top, by chance, is a letter for you. From home, from your parents. What does it say? Why does it make you feel a little bit better about all this?

A few minutes later (Sky and Kailey are being awful quiet in there; wonder what they're doing?) the camp nurse, Jacob, appears at the door, with a rush of wind coming in behind him. He gives a visible sigh to see the front desk unmanned, then turns to you: "Erhem, Miss, uh... Patrick, right? I heard someone was hurt? Sorry, somebody got a bit turned around out there and ended up dehydrated, so, well." He moves to open the door to his office.

Feel free to lose Bad Karma for being a good Samaritan.

The Ridge Trail

Judy & Torli, you stagger in shock. Judy loses her footing, and her hand splashes into the pool of warm blood at her feet. A spray of red splashes sickeningly against Torli's jeans. Behind you, there's a gasp of horror: Rebecca, the counselor, is standing a few feet back. She must have followed you here! But the look in her eyes... she's startled, yes, but her eyes harden, almost with satisfaction, before she throws her head back theatrically and screams: a piercing cry of terror that echoes off the surrounding mountains. She turns to flee back down the hill, in the opposite direction of the trail of blood. What do you do?

The Circle

Sam, the dancers cheer in welcome as you step forth from the trees, shedding your clothes. Beneath the open starlight you find that there was already space left within the curve of their circle for an eighth dancer, as though you'd merely stepped out a dance for a moment, and they'd kept a place for their wayward sister. The rhythm of the song is lilting and off-tempo, and yet the tone of the other dancers' voices pulses through your bones, and your heartbeat shifts to match as your feet follow the intricate steps. With you here, the song rises in pitch, swirling to the heavens and filling the night forest with sound. The key turns. The lock opens. The song reaches its climax, and nothingness pours from the sky.

What do you see?

Gaze into the abyss!

The Depths of the Forest

Jewel, Rachel giggles and plays with her braid nervously when you whisper in her ear. "Oh, uh..." she smiles helplessly. She follows along, but as the trees close 'round and the trail is lost behind you, you can feel her grip on your hand grow tighter, and she moves in close. "Wh- where are we going, exactly? 'Cause, I mean, I don't really..." She cuts off. Without warning, here in the dark, the forest falls silent. The trees creak. Rachel's breath fogs in a unnatural chill, her eyes wide with fright. The air itself seems to writhe, recoiling in horror at the approach of its ancient enemy.

They are here.

Hunted triggers. What are you going to do?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm: 3 1/4 XP: 3/5 Conditions: Drained

Well, today's been a loving rollercoaster! Totally at another highpoint though, so who cares? Camp Kailey-Getting-Laid-All-The-Time is what I'm gonna start calling this place.

Laying naked with Sky in my arms, I'm patched up and feeling oh so much better. Sexy nurses are the best nurses. "Hahaha, that was fuuunnn!" I announce to the universe, grinning at my place in it. Tricksters always win eventually.

Looking over at my appearent protege and definite lover, I still can't resist my natural urge to mess with people. "Sooo... do you love me? Or is this," I get handsy with her, defining this for her, "why you've been watching me?" Leaning in closer, i want to watch her reaction while I whisper a secret to her. "Did you know that like, I'm pretty sure my dad's Coyote? Like, the kickass Trickster god! That's totally not something I'm making up or anything." Is it? Probably not, since it's not like I'm actually sure about that. Sure is fun to say it though!

Sex move: After you have sex, ask them if it was real or just for fun. If they say it was real, laugh at them and take a String. If they say it was just for fun, give them 2 Strings on you and mark experience.

Requesting to remove Drained for lounging around with Sky.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 2, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Moves mimicked: Silver Tongue

Ahhh that was fun that was very pleasant I can see why humans are so obsessed with pursuing this experience! Magpie would say - I mean I would have said before that the act of mating itself is not relevant to that choice it is a question of the candidate's reliability as a partner for life and that question alone but what a wealth of experience and sensation she would I would have overlooked! Humans are fortunate enough to have separated the act of sex from the commitment of choosing a mate I would be lying if I said that was not part of what appealed to me about taking this human body. It is interesting but also sad that they alone have this division but yet they drive themselves to misery demanding that the pleasure and the companionship come from the same person in defiance of probability. It is only in certain environments like this settlement that humans allow themselves to pursue sex as its own end and I am only too happy to join in.

So I laugh when Kailey teases me about love I think we both know that that is of secondary importance right now. "Oh Kailey I think it is a little early to talk about love is it not?" I shiver with delight as her hands play over my body again and I pull myself in closer. "But you are right I cannot help watching you you are funny and clever and so much more fun than most of the other people here." I wrap my hand in her hair and give it a playful tug bringing my lips close to her ear. "So I hope this will not be the last time we do this."

Sky doesn't really understand the concept of real :v: She takes two strings on Kailey; Kailey marks experience.

Of course I hope she does not mind if I 'sleep with' other humans as well it was interesting if a little strange to compare this to what I shared with Torli who was fierce and strong where Kailey was teasing and flexible. And at one point something in Kailey's eyes and the colour of her hair made me think of the girl in the photograph with this body's previous owner. Had they slept with each other before was that a part of their friendship or did they love each other? How many other people had caressed this body before I took it? Would either person in the picture be happy to know about what I just did?

(Of course they wouldn't; so you created this ridiculous excuse, because you couldn't just let go... isn't it time to stop this and go home to her?)

I shiver again as the unwelcome thoughts pass through my mind they are not my thoughts I do not want to consider these things I just want Kailey or anyone to hold me and kiss me again and oh that is almost as good Kailey has told me a secret! She is descended from Coyote! That is not surprising really it is very plausible Coyote always liked to take human forms more than everyone said was wise and of course he did not always ask permission because he is mean like that. "Haha Kailey I can 'totally' believe that you have his laugh and his sense of humour I think you are nicer and much more attractive than him though!" I am probably being less careful with my words than I should be but I feel so very peaceful right now I feel like I could stay here forever.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm: 1/4 XP: 4/5 Conditions: Drained

Haha, she passed the test! Good thing Sky's not dumb. Talks funny, but I guess contractions murdered her parents or something? Regardless, she's sexy and fun - when she suggests she wants this to happen again, my smile grows three sizes that second and I happily agree. "No complaints from me on that, hahahaha!" She's got the decency to just let me grope her, unlike Jewel. Who's still dead-sexy, don't get me wrong. Just kind of a bitch, considering the ratio of good:bad advice I've favored her with so far. Plus she's apparently DTF, which is a huge plus while I'm stuck here at camp.

"You think I'm nicer than him? I'm gonna have to fix that!" I give her a wink, but it's hardly threatening while we're still cuddling naked together. It's honestly really comfortable. "Want my advice? Get laid as often as possible here. Seriously, beats scavenger hunts and capture the flag every time, I promise you."

Using Silver Tongue - If they choose not to do what you tell them to, give them a String. If they follow your advice and wish they hadn’t, or vice versa, take 2 Strings on them and they mark experience.

While she considers my advice, I snuggle in closer to her, moving her hands with mine to more provocative locations and then softly moaning in an encouraging fashion when she figures out what I meant. Hoping she goes for it, since it means either I get laid or something hilarious will happen when she goes after someone else. I've not caused enough chaos recently, I'm not living up to my own standards. Not like I have many, and making things interesting is one of the few tenants of my interesting and flexible ethos. While Sky and I enjoy the chair and each other a little bit, I start thinking happy thoughts about messing up the camp. Let's daydream about causing a little chaos.

<Rauri> Gaze about causing mischief
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+1 = 7

Scary and confusing please.
Lounging around naked with Sky until nurse shows barges in, so as per irc, removing drained condition. Kailey's feeling a lot better now.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 2/4, XP: 4/5, Conditions: Klutzy, Under Suspicion, Tale Teller, Scented, Terrified, Unappealing

I smile a little as we wander off into the woods. I didn't feel much like smiling, but...it was what needed to happen, after all. "We're just going somewhere...quiet. Where we can..." But I stop, I stop because so had everything else.

As the forest goes silent, I slip myself out of Rachel's hands. "Sorry, Rachel. Really, this isn't something I'd do if I had a choice."

I took a step back, with a sad smile. "If it's any consolation, I don't think it hurts..." and I held up my hands in a defeated gesture. Everything still ached from earlier, and my head pulsed from Their coming, but I still watched the distortion of the air, watched It as It came from her.

There was something I needed to know, and I had learned, sometimes answers came to me if I watched Them work, so I stared as They descended on the poor girl, hiding my disgust for myself behind my need to know, to keep Samantha out of Their reach.

Gonna look at Them and ask: "How do I keep Samantha safe from Them?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

There is exactly one thought that enters my head; I am not taking the fall for this. I sprint after her. I don't know what I'm going to do when I catch her but I'll think of something.
"Wait! We found him like this! Don't get it wrong!"

<TatteredPhone> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> TatteredPhone, 11+1 = 12
Run away to catch Rachel

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I can't even spare enough attention to be really worried about whatever Rebecca seeing us. If I'd been more focused I'd probably have noticed it looked like she was trying to frame us, but no. Torli runs after her -that's good enough, she'll take care of it. I need to save Lexa. I push myself to my feet and run after the bloody trail. After a couple of minutes running I start calling out her name, yelling for her as I go. I can't let her die. Even if someone hears it'll delay them killing her, right? So they can kill me. I'll save you Lexa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

The dance was everything. What we were doing here was needed important. And yet part of me was screaming beneath the music beneath the dance. This was wrong right. I should'nt be doing this. I looked into the faces of my fellow dancers and saw the ecstasy the welcome spread amongst them. I'd done the right thing hadn't I? Time had no meaning for me anymore but I could feel in my bones the dance coming to a crescendo and instinctively looked up to the growing void above us that gleamed oddly in the twilight and tried to impose order reason on what I saw.

08:50] Ferrosol gaze time
[08:50] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[08:50] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 10+2 = 12
The visions are clear and lucid the visions cure you removing Foolish

• Locked thread