Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
finish killing it as long as the gun has recovered, if not ignore it and follow the trail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Kill the room

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

finish killing it as long as the gun has recovered, if not ignore it and follow the trail.

Do what Wentley and the meat stick said.
Also, at the first appropriate time show scavenge how the ice spear works and how not to shoot us in the back.

(the break away with the office party is great, more disassociated commentary please!)

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Take a sample of the meat to eat later

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Follow the trail Gotta stay on target. Also the Chief is like really the only other friendly to be here before.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
The room of meat has to go. Its nasty, disgusting and dying. Why not help it along. You ready the rifle and aim at the center and fire. The first few bolts launch into mass, causing something to scream and rumble the walls again. The meat stops dying back and begins to heal itself. Meat begins to reattach to the wall, the central lump seals over and new tendrils start creeping down the hall. No time to waste. You begin firing again, but the ice bolts have stopped working, impacts bursting into shards and steam. You are screaming now, maybe from the rush of combat, or possibly the heat searing out of the gun. Just as your finger squeezes the trigger one more time there is a bright flash and the world goes red with pain.

You come too with a hard slap to your face. Its the Shaman. He is yelling at you to stay awake. You follow his hands and look at what is left of your left arm. The armor is torn ragged and there is a small pile of metal next to your side. Several more pieces of metal are buried in your armor and one large shard is lodged dangerously close to your heart. You cannot hear very well and are quite woozy. There is a trail of blood leading to the sealed door of the reel-room and something is banging at the door. Stabs is watching the door, but looks pale and Scavenge is near her, trying to steady himself and Stabs. Your right hand is unharmed and still has a death grip on the handle of what is left of the rifle. You yelp in pain as the Shaman tightly binds the ragged stump of your arm. Pain is flirting at the edge of your perception. You know you should be in a great deal more pain, but you feel okay. Shock, you muse. Hearing returns, the Shaman telling you how the stump was burned shut and that you are very lucky. The walls of the living room came to life and started swinging massive arms towards you. Scavenge saved your life by dragging you back in time. The thing to the north screams again but Stabs can only hoarsely wheeze back. She is not doing well.

The Shaman looks to you. "This has gone poorly and I fear the worst for our Chief, but we are wounded. Stabs will recover in time but she is weak now. You will recover with some water for now but I fear pain and rot will take you. If the chief should die, I can take his place, but you have wisdom beyond this world. What say you." There is a tapping noise from over your shoulder. A dark figure stands watching, tapping his scythe against the wall. " Well, there's another fifty I owe. Dead from future tech. Maybe. It's up to you. Could go either way with that arm missing. If you want I can save you a lot of pain. Or you can keep struggling with...whatever the gently caress is going on here. It's up to you. Don't worry, they can't hear us and time is ticking away nice and slow. How are you Johnson? You enjoying the "back to nature" life?" Murray chuckles, taking a swig from a cup of tea he conjured "Irish, gotta start the day right!" he toasts. You feel strange.

What do you do?

You do have two free questions to ask the reaper that he is bound to answer. You can also go tell him to piss off, you aren't done yet. That stump is kinda starting to hurt though.

Current Map : Star is your current location

Party Thoughts

Stabs: *Silent*

Scavenge : "You can keep that spear."

Shaman: "We must save his soul, but how can we continue like this?"

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 10, 2015

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Sucumb to the icy grip of Murray! Time for a character whose defining trait isn't "I'm the most milquetoast person in existence!"

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

What do I need to do to survive this?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Anticheese posted:

Murray looks at you and laughs. "I can answer that one for free, don't die! Aahhahahha!" He laughs a bit more and then wipes a tear from his empty eyesocket. "Seriously kid, what do you think? Don't bleed to death and don't let it get infected. You know that! And don't listen to any Cetaceans of dubious moral fiber!"

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Wait oh poo poo you're just answering every question without voting on it? Oh dear I'm sorry for blowing the question, thread. :ohdear:

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
How can we save the chief and get out of here alive

Also I vote we deal with the pain and don't give up.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Anticheese posted:

Wait oh poo poo you're just answering every question without voting on it? Oh dear I'm sorry for blowing the question, thread. :ohdear:

He gave you a freebie. The others need to be voted for.

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Also I vote we deal with the pain and don't give up.

Like this one!

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

Arkanomen posted:

He gave you a freebie. The others need to be voted for.

Like this one!

Please lend my question support, and try not to get our other hand blown off this time!

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
We're likely to die going further anyway.
Might as well keep going
See what we can uncover before we Quantum Leap into the next soul.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

"If a tree falls in a forest when no one is there to hear it does it make a sound?"
"What would my next life find useful about where they're going to end up?"

Don't listen to Murray you should always trust everything I say!

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Hey Murray, could you reveal the whole map for us, and highlight anything useful for us?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

A Darker Porpoise posted:

"If a tree falls in a forest when no one is there to hear it does it make a sound?"

Don't listen to Murray you should always trust everything I say!

Murray laughs at that question. "Of course it does. What, you think that you're so special that the laws of physics stops just because your meat brain isn't there to observe it? Well, actually, if you like quantum physics you can say that the tree didn't fall until its observed in a falling or post falling state. Its quite complicated, but it doesn't matter. Wolves ate you for trying to sneak a peak at falling trees." He shrugs at your next question. " I really shouldn't tell you that, and I really can't. Not that I don't want to, but time is fluid here, especially now. Actions and ripples and all that. You might doom or save your adopted people based on your next choice. Or inaction. Time is funny and plans are for chumps and blue six-piece specials!"

Murray is silent at the following questions and needs consensus to use one or two of your free "Murray Questions"

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Hey Murray, could you reveal the whole map for us, and highlight anything useful for us?

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 10, 2015

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
I thought we voted to keep shooting conditional on the gun having recovered :(

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Ask: Are these lizard people aliens, or an alternate evolutionary tree on earth (if this IS earth)?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Ralith posted:

I thought we voted to keep shooting conditional on the gun having recovered :(

Yeah I figured we'd be not stupid enough to switch out to the other gun.

Lets keep going! They might have a reanimation/regeneration pods in the medical suite.

Murry! Is there a medical suite full of future medical tech in here and where is it??

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Outrail posted:

Yeah I figured we'd be not stupid enough to switch out to the other gun.

Lets keep going! They might have a reanimation/regeneration pods in the medical suite.

Murry! Is there a medical suite full of future medical tech in here and where is it??

I want to keep going and also add this question to mine for a total of two questions

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
When I set out this map and loot, the guns were always going to explode on an under 20 roll when using them, you rolled 15. Cautiously firing the gun saved your life. If you went full Rambo you would be dead.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Arkanomen posted:

When I set out this map and loot, the guns were always going to explode on an under 20 roll when using them, you rolled 15. Cautiously firing the gun saved your life. If you went full Rambo you would be dead.
Oh, so the vote was indeed respected. That's reassuring, thanks!

Keep going

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Determination

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
(There doesn't seem to be a clear consensus on what questions to ask, but it looks like you all want to use at least one and that Johnson is going to stay alive for now and fill with determination. Please vote for the number you'd like answered and your top two choices.)

A) No questions
B) 1 Question
C) 2 Questions

A)

Anticheese posted:

B)

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

C)

A Darker Porpoise posted:

"What would my next life find useful about where they're going to end up?"

D)

hollylolly posted:

Ask: Are these lizard people aliens, or an alternate evolutionary tree on earth (if this IS earth)?

E)

Outrail posted:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
B, E... Or anything else around here that would be most useful, you know what I mean, uhg!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1 B
2 C

A and B are kind of useless questions which will probably get an answer along the lines of "don't die" when people could be asking E (and potentially How do I operate the medical equipment in such a way as to save our lives. Unless there isn't a medical suite than you just wasted your questions :emo:)

Nevertheless my vote remains :suicide: by incompetence :v:.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

1. C
2. D
E

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Please Vote for both options 1 and 2 with two choices for Number 2!!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Ah, sorry.

1)B
2)B

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1)B
2)B

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. B
2. A

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
1: C
2: A, B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
B E

• Locked thread