Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

-activate Ravenna, harvest 1 ore and 2 wood
-liberate Rome, negating both effects of the Fortress
-develop Currency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Turn 6-3-4: It is Rome's last turn, and the last turn of the game!

Roman forces are assaulting... er... Rome!
Both Fortress effects have been cancelled!
Roman Forces: 2 Cavalry + 1 Army = 3d6+2 = enough to win guaranteed
Indian Forces: 1 Army = 1d6 = 1! 0 hits!
Rome has been taken!

Rome develops Currency and draws an Event:

Great Athlete posted:

Put this card on the table. The first player to pay 1 Culture may, as an action, both: a) Get a free Culture advance, b) exchange any number of Culture for Mood or vice versa. Barbarians appear! Pirates attack!
Nothing of import happens.

The game is over!

Red - berenzen - India (Akbar the Great)
Blue - TheNabster - Babylonia (-)
Yellow - Istvun - Persia (Cyrus the Great)
Green - paradoxGentleman - Rome (-)
Reference Post | Zoomed-in Tech Board | Condensed Rules

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Final Status Phase

Babylonia reveals THREAT - Status Phase: You have at least 4 Army units adjacent to another player's city.
Babylonia reveals ART OF WAR - Status Phase: You have all four Warfare advances.
Babylonia has revealed 6 Objectives total.

Persia has revealed 7 Objectives total.

Rome did not complete EQUESTRIAN - Status Phase: You have Cavalry in 3 different armies.
Rome did not complete DEFIANCE - Immediately: Upon eliminating at least 2 Army units while defending an attack.
Rome did not complete CLEANSE THE SEAS - Immediately: Upon winning two different battles against Pirate Ships on the same turn.
Rome did not complete MARAUDER - Immediately: Upon fighting a battle where you eliminated a Settler, or a Ship with a trade route.
Rome did not complete DRACONIAN - Status Phase: You have four or more angry cities.
Rome has revealed 2 Objectives total.

India did not complete FORTIFIED - Status Phase: You have more cities with Fortresses than any other player.
India did not complete AGAINST ALL ODDS - Immediately: Upon winning a battle where you had the fewest Army units or Ships.
India did not complete GREAT NAVY - Status Phase: You have four Ships, or at least two more than any other player.
India has revealed 3 Objectives total.

Pliny's Final Guide to the Strongest Civilizations posted:

Persia - 16 Cities + 14 Objectives + 13 Science + 5 Events + 15 Wonders = 63
Babylonia - 6 Cities + 12 Objectives + 12 Science + 2 Events + 5 Wonders = 37
India - 9 Cities + 6 Objectives + 17 Science + 3 Events + 0 Wonders = 35
Rome - 8 Cities + 4 Objectives + 12 Science + 2 Events + 0 Wonders = 26

Thanks to all my players for sticking with the game, even when it got terribly fiddly, and finally letting me complete a PBP of Clash of Cultures!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Good game Istvun, if you hadn't killed me in chennai, I would have taken second. Ah well, good game overall.

And thank you Stelas, for running the game. It was pretty awesome to learn the game, especially as a first time player.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Gotta echo berenzen on the good game and thanking Stelas for hosting it for us, to say nothing of putting up with my ignorance and noobitude.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Gee gee no ree and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
Good game all. What I basically got from this game is that Cyrus is an outrageously strong leader and that going late in turn order on the last round is really strong. If it wasn't for those I doubt I'd have been able to win it.

• Locked thread