Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Parallax Scroll posted:

i poo poo my pants again

You need to take off your pants before watching these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wedemeyer posted:

One of the related videos was titled "cleat lakes the story so far". Like, really? Is six loving episodes.

Anyways, I liked big eyed boogaly monsterman. I would stab a small child for him/it.

That video is pretty lovely but I liked the episodes where he does rundown and explanations of most if not all of the mysteries in Marble Hornets.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Volume posted:

there was an episode a week ago but it sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLSVHabHzRc

is this really one of their videos because its probably the lamest poo poo i ever saw

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

the monster looked ok

i will try to remember to watch the next episode on the toilet

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So there's like two more videos now but they suck too. This whole Clear Lakes thing sucks.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Volume posted:

So there's like two more videos now but they suck too. This whole Clear Lakes thing sucks.

God your not kidding on how much they suck rear end.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Yeah. It's........ not good. Just really not. Eight videos in and there's gently caress all to be said. I feel bad for anyone paying Patreon premium for this.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was on board for this at first because I did like Marble Hornets but boy this is crap so far. On the one hand they're delivering much shorter videos much more often but on the other that means there's a whole lot more filler and ugghh. I hope something genuinely interesting happens soon or else I'm just gonna give it a pass. :(

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Does anyone think this poo poo is good? Like they have to have forums somewhere.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

my favourite was the old man lookin gthrough the window

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
They said that they wouldn't reveal what the Operator prop was made of while Marble Hornets was still a thing. It's been over a year and apparently Joseph and Tim have quit the team, so now it's just Troy and some other dude who only joined after Marble Hornets ended. Does anyone know if they revealed how they made old Slendy? I assume in season 1 it was some sort of puppet and in subsequent appearances it was some sort of CGI. If they revealed this in a DVD commentary or some conventional panel could someone share?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Man I actually feel really bad that Clear Lakes 44 is so terrible. It might be the complete lack of any context. "Young guy playing a fat old guy gets harassed by a spooky dude with static for a face."

In response to "lol you still watch it," I check for updates like once a month and don't even know if I've seen the latest one, and I'm not even sure if I'll check now.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Marble Hornets was good for the first 25 episodes or so.

The "No wifin' in da club gimme 20 dollaz" meme was pretty funny for a short while

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

lonesomedwarf posted:

my favourite was the old man lookin gthrough the window

Tjat's scary.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

Does anyone think this poo poo is good? Like they have to have forums somewhere.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marblehornets/
http://forums.thac.tv/forum/main-forum/44

That's it. If this wasn't connect to marble hornets I don't think anyone would really care about this.Well, less so than right now.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

They said that they wouldn't reveal what the Operator prop was made of while Marble Hornets was still a thing. It's been over a year and apparently Joseph and Tim have quit the team, so now it's just Troy and some other dude who only joined after Marble Hornets ended. Does anyone know if they revealed how they made old Slendy? I assume in season 1 it was some sort of puppet and in subsequent appearances it was some sort of CGI. If they revealed this in a DVD commentary or some conventional panel could someone share?

Oh is this why this is not good? I guess they jumped ship at a good time [before this existed].

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Wow reading their respective posts is kinda sad. All three of them are like very subtly hinting that they don't hate each other or anything but they're not friends anymore and that bums me out cause they really, really liked working on MH together.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I lust ofr more murdered children as a result of this.,

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i poo poo my pants

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmM3etFNELo

me while watching scary videos posted in this thread

e: maybe nswf?? yes :nswf:

e2: :nws:

Vulture fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 29, 2015

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
They'd probably still be a team if they stopped at Season 1

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Marble hornets is gay and boring

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

CJacobs posted:

Wow reading their respective posts is kinda sad. All three of them are like very subtly hinting that they don't hate each other or anything but they're not friends anymore and that bums me out cause they really, really liked working on MH together.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snpsm3

quote:

On Saturday October, 24th 2015 my professional relationship with THAC, LLC came to an end. I'm not going to go into specifics here and may never do so but I will answer a couple of the broader questions now. Yes, it was my decision but not one that I wanted to make. No, it was not amicable.
Man, I wonder exactly how much animosity there was that is implied in "not amicable."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Man, I wonder exactly how much animosity there was that is implied in "not amicable."

Their next project should be a Lifetime-style docudrama about their breakup, ala the Saved By the Bell thing.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Parallax Scroll posted:

i poo poo my pants

We're you prepared this time?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
i watched the slender man movie

is was bad

really, really, bad

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Pingiivi posted:

We're you prepared this time?

no! i forgot

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Good grief Marble Hornets is at it again folks with another spine tingling adventure! You may well remember the hideous monster that starred in their last round of short films...... his palid features, enormous forehead....and cartoonish bug eyes were certainly the stuff.... of nightmares!

kilogram
Mar 29, 2012

Cyborg Senator

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Sorry for necroing this thing, but in case anyone still cares, the cat is out of the bag, and it sounds like there was a lot of animosity. Later in the thread, Noah mentions his fond memories of the guys and is immediately told by Joseph to eat poo poo. Then the thread turns into a meme-fest.

Seems like a good chunk of the active community has lost faith in THAC over the recent months, and that shines through in the view counts, Patreon supporters, and in the thread. Apparently Troy will be talking more about the situation tomorrow.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's a bit of shame to see how things have turned out. I was hoping to see them make more of their comedy videos but it seems those days will never come again.

kilogram
Mar 29, 2012

Cyborg Senator
More info from Troy, hot off the presses. I did not expect that but it's probably for the best.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

kilogram posted:

Sorry for necroing this thing, but in case anyone still cares, the cat is out of the bag, and it sounds like there was a lot of animosity. Later in the thread, Noah mentions his fond memories of the guys and is immediately told by Joseph to eat poo poo. Then the thread turns into a meme-fest.

Seems like a good chunk of the active community has lost faith in THAC over the recent months, and that shines through in the view counts, Patreon supporters, and in the thread. Apparently Troy will be talking more about the situation tomorrow.

Noah post is on page 8. The eat poo poo is on page 9. I, like many people probably, lost interest in keeping up with THAC as soon as Marble Hornets ended, or at least when Clear Lakes turned out to be boring. I know nothing about Noah but his post reads as super naive and saccharine about all of this. Oh well, RIP Troy Has A Camera, I hope everybody finds new sources of employment and perhaps opportunities to express themselves creatively.

Probably shouldn't have hired a new person right when the Thing People Cared About Your Channel For ended.

Also, Vaporwave-based shitposting is funny.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
This is hilarious. I wish there was a way to time-stretch text so you could smear that confessional over all 450,000 videos of two dudes walking in some woodland with gently caress all going on.

• Locked thread