Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Contrary to popular belief, soy is not an effective zombie deterrent.
Ayyy that seems to have done the trick. Thanks, Sally!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:cheers:

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k
The plasma rifle and grenade launcher are so good in the remaster it's weirding me out a little. I remember them being total garbage.

In particular, the plasma rifle never seemed that effective outside of sniper mode, but now it seems to basically one or two-shot everything. :gibs::hellyeah:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

If the LP is any indication, you're remembering correctly. The Plasma Rifle's non-sniper mode is like the Alien Weapon in Turok 1, and the Grenade Launcher is useless.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The Remaster's Plasma Rifle is definitely functioning like Dinosaur Hunter's Alien Weapon, but it's so much more powerful. It's actually awesome and useful now! Endtrails and Blind Ones fall before me.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
And speaking of weapon tweaks, did they seriously nerf tek arrows, since one exploding on an Etrails forehead fails to kill it while a normal arrow does the job just fine. On hard at least.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Yo, the remaster is the poo poo. I cannot believe how much fun I had in the first level alone.

But now I'm lost in the second level :(

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I always felt Tek Arrows were superior in Turok 1. They'll kill Endtrails in one-shot on Norma, at least.

Also, yeah, I've gotten a bit lost in some of these levels. Port of Adia and Death Marshes are pretty straight-forward, but finding all the Sisters of Despair in the River of Souls was a bit nuts, not to mention just getting through the Lair of the Blind Ones.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Wait, are they called Endtrails or Entrails?

Also, I found where I messed up. In one thing at least. I just need to track down the last Sister and I'm set.

I was lost looking for the Eagle Feather, and just had to go left :downs:

Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Contrary to popular belief, soy is not an effective zombie deterrent.
Endtrails. It's supposed to be a corny pun.

I've gotten myself all turned around now. Last time I played I made it up to Lair of the Blind Ones before I got stuck. Now I'm having trouble remembering where the level end portal for River of Souls is. :doh:

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
That one got me while playing too. If you're going from the teleporter walking towards the Talisman chamber it's in the river directly in front of you. There's a switch that you have to hit to open that door way higher up in that area. You jump down following a trail of Life Force tokens to get to it. Of course all this is assuming it's the same as the N64 version. It'll probably be a little while before I get to play the remaster. I'm a little tapped out as far as buying new video games is concerned.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Mantid Hive is insane. Hardcore mode is no joke. Those damned soldiers are BEASTLY. Thankfully the workers and the mites fall incredibly easy to the firestorm cannon, and there's no shortage of Energy Cells in this level!

That being said, I can't wait to see how much easier tracking down those Primagen keys is going to be with the warp function using the checkpoint stations. So far this is incredible. Next up, Talon/Warblade only hard mode!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Does anybody know the status of the console version of Turok 2 remaster? There was an article about it some time ago and i don't know if since they started working on System Shock they've maybe dropped that idea or not.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

BMS posted:

The Mantid Hive is insane. Hardcore mode is no joke. Those damned soldiers are BEASTLY. Thankfully the workers and the mites fall incredibly easy to the firestorm cannon, and there's no shortage of Energy Cells in this level!

That being said, I can't wait to see how much easier tracking down those Primagen keys is going to be with the warp function using the checkpoint stations. So far this is incredible. Next up, Talon/Warblade only hard mode!

finally had some more time to play this and got back to the Mantid Hive--I think I'd blocked this level out. i mean, i remember playing it, but i don't remember it being so loving long. awesome level, but holy poo poo is it overwhelming! the flamethrower is also pretty good at wiping out the various mites and workers fast, and it also makes drones run in agony and pain keeping them off your back long enough to hit them with something else. (PFM Layer is also great at taking out large groups of mites and workers. Drop one, kite them back into it, and they all drop dead in a single blast).

I almost feel Nightdive is providing patches and bug fixes too quickly, though. My older saves are a bit buggy and I keep having to tweak settings every time a patch drops just so it'll play properly.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blind Sally posted:

finally had some more time to play this and got back to the Mantid Hive--I think I'd blocked this level out. i mean, i remember playing it, but i don't remember it being so loving long. awesome level, but holy poo poo is it overwhelming! the flamethrower is also pretty good at wiping out the various mites and workers fast, and it also makes drones run in agony and pain keeping them off your back long enough to hit them with something else. (PFM Layer is also great at taking out large groups of mites and workers. Drop one, kite them back into it, and they all drop dead in a single blast).

I almost feel Nightdive is providing patches and bug fixes too quickly, though. My older saves are a bit buggy and I keep having to tweak settings every time a patch drops just so it'll play properly.

Yeah, that's the one thing I wish they would've done. A little more playtesting on it. Some of the patches are fixes for some obvious issues...namely some of the earlier patches. Oh well, it's still a blast to humiliate people and make them rage quit in multiplayer with the BORE. So far I've been blocked on there by 4 people, and called a prick more than a couple of times, from simply spamming the cerebral bore, often going 20-0. It makes me happy :)

Course, it probably doesn't help my cause that the name they see for me is beholdmysausage, but whatever.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Finally had time to start this on Hardcore. Hot drat, is it satisfying but holy hell are Endtrails a loving nightmare.

(I've never gotten so much use out of my bow before, though)

edit: and Oblivion portals certainly don't mess about anymore either

Sally fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 24, 2017

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Everybody. Just wanted to give a quick update. Most of my real life stuff has been caught up now, but I have had a hard drive failure on my laptop. The only replacement I have available was a whopping 100 gig hard drive, so the quality might suffer slightly just because I don't quite have the space to render as large of files anymore. I'll see if I can find a workaround by possibly rendering to an external hard drive comma but I just wanted to give everybody fair warning that a twenty-year-old N64 game might look slightly worse than it already has. But I also wanted to say I'm about back on track. Thank you for your patience.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

It's been so long that I forgot what that weird incident with your apartment was about. Something about suspected animal cruelty?

Anyway, glad that things are back on track.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

PSWII60 posted:

Everybody. Just wanted to give a quick update. Most of my real life stuff has been caught up now, but I have had a hard drive failure on my laptop. The only replacement I have available was a whopping 100 gig hard drive, so the quality might suffer slightly just because I don't quite have the space to render as large of files anymore. I'll see if I can find a workaround by possibly rendering to an external hard drive comma but I just wanted to give everybody fair warning that a twenty-year-old N64 game might look slightly worse than it already has. But I also wanted to say I'm about back on track. Thank you for your patience.

So now you're telling me you're basically going to be playing with the normal graphics instead of the Hi-Rez graphics? Might as well throw your expansion pack in the trash for all the good it's doing you! :v:

smax
Nov 9, 2009

PSWII60 posted:

What kind of hard drive do you need, and what's the smallest size you'd prefer? I (or someone else?) might have something kicking around here that I could part with. Would an external be fine?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

smax posted:

What kind of hard drive do you need, and what's the smallest size you'd prefer? I (or someone else?) might have something kicking around here that I could part with. Would an external be fine?

I think I could work worth anything over 160GB (2.5 inch SATA). That would let me install the software, have a bunch of source files, and render anything up to a 30-40 min vid and reencode it. An external might be fine. I have an older external right now that I will try to render to and see how well that works. Thanks.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I use an external for my LP videos, but they're nowhere near as long as yours. Mine is also a 1TB, if that makes a difference. My videos are also of SNES or GBA quality stuff, which might make a difference I'm unaware of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smax
Nov 9, 2009

PSWII60 posted:

I think I could work worth anything over 160GB (2.5 inch SATA). That would let me install the software, have a bunch of source files, and render anything up to a 30-40 min vid and reencode it. An external might be fine. I have an older external right now that I will try to render to and see how well that works. Thanks.

I'll poke around tomorrow or this weekend and see what I have kicking around. I know I have a 250 GB external (USB2/FW400), a 1TB external (USB2/FW800), and a 320 GB 2.5" 9.5mm drive around. If any of those sound good to you just let me know.

• Locked thread