Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Final ranking:
11 > 2 > 9 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 6 > 10 > 3 > 1 > 7

I didn't actually watch 12 because I thought 11 was the end and already took it out of my queue, whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
5 > 11 > 9 > 1 > 4 > 8 > 10 > 2 > 3 > 6

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
11 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 6 > 8 > 9 > 3> 1 > 10

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

I have to perform more science before i can give an accurate ranking for everyone, but

I'd rather fall asleep next to a kid i'm babysitting, awkward as that might be, than so much as be in the same room at the boys from 10.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
5>11>10>4>2>9>8>1>6>3

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
11 > 2 > 8 > 6 > 4 > 5 > 9 > 3 > 1 > 10

The leading two were obvious, and I thought IRL Danshi was weirdly sweet.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Adelheid posted:

I have to perform more science before i can give an accurate ranking for everyone, but

I'd rather fall asleep next to a kid i'm babysitting, awkward as that might be, than so much as be in the same room at the boys from 10.

Agreed.

11>2>5>6>9>4>1>3>8>>>>>>>(7)>>>>10

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
PRELIMINARY TOTALS

10. Music Danshi (3): 11
9. Merry (1/12) and Flower Arrangement Danshi (10) (tie): 17
7. Delusions of Grandeur Danshi (6): 21
6. Happy IRL Danshi (8): 25
5. Dialect Danshi (4): 29
4. Librarian Danshi (9): 31

3. Senpai Danshi (2): 36

2. Astronomy Danshi (5): 40

1. Food Stall Danshi (11): 48

THREE DAYS REMAIN

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I haven't caught up with all the pillow boys yet, but my tentative ranking so far is:

11 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 6 >>>(ones I haven't seen yet)>>> 1 > 3

The first half is pretty solid, but the rest are subject to change.

k4kk01
May 6, 2013

11>9>8>5>2>3>4>1>6>10

Librarian was in the lead, but then bara happened.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I can't place food stall guy in first place, because he kept calling me a lady.

boom boom boom is a man's name, and I'm a man!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom posted:

That seems like a silly thing to hold against the perfect human.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

boom boom boom posted:

i can't put jerid messa at the top because being in close proximity to that guy for any length of time is a death sentence

junopsis
Dec 28, 2008

Ernie Muppari posted:

i can't put jerid messa at the top because being in close proximity to that guy for any length of time is a death sentence

I'd rank Char higher, but I don't think he'd share a pillow with someone who's nearing 30.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I dunno why, but I bet Yazan would be a great cuddler.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
11 > 2 > 4 > 9 > 6 > 10 > 1/12 > 3 > 5 > 8

junopsis
Dec 28, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

I dunno why, but I bet Yazan would be a great cuddler.

Treize. That is all.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

junopsis posted:

Treize. That is all.

If we're going into the non-UC shows, the only answer is Loran.

junopsis
Dec 28, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

If we're going into the non-UC shows, the only answer is Loran.

Loran is adorable.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Nondevor posted:

I haven't caught up with all the pillow boys yet, but my tentative ranking so far is:

11 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 6 >>>(ones I haven't seen yet)>>> 1 > 3

The first half is pretty solid, but the rest are subject to change.

I finished watching the ones I hadn't seen before sleeping for a bit, and the results were... surprisingly good for the most part?

In terms of the character I'd like to pretend 7 didn't exist at all, but listening to it actually made me feel pretty tired and ready to sleep afterwards. Kinda like humoring my five-year-old cousins for a while. Could have really done without the ending, though.

IRL boy wasn't bad, but if we're comparing college guys then astronomy senpai was better. Library boy was also very relaxing. I'm glad that he wasn't too mad about people napping in the library, and his book about kittens was a very good recommendation. :)

Unfortunately, the twins were absolutely terrible and ruined the sleepy mood entirely. I don't want to be in the same room as them. Ever. I had to rewatch the Food Stall episode to wipe 10 out of my head...

Changing my rankings to 11 > 4 > 9 > 2 > 5 > 6 > (7 for sleep quality) > 8 > 1 > 3 > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (7 in terms of character) >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 10

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Thank you for your thoughtful analysis of pillow boys!

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

The Devil Tesla posted:

Thank you for your thoughtful analysis of pillow boys!

I was actually debating on making a separate list directly correlating to sleepiness quality, since I suspect that my rankings would shift a lot. But I'd have to watch all of these again when I'm actually tired...

10 would be at the bottom of the list forever though. Absolutely the worst.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I honestly wouldn't mind 10 if I wasn't convinced they actually came from a Junji Ito story.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Twist: you're the plant.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

1/12: Merry - The Kind Soul Who Watches Over You As You Sleep
2: Tanaka Sousuke - Senpai Danshi - Your senpai at work that embraces you with the composure of an mature man
3: Hanamine Kanade - Music Danshi - A high school student that gives his all to music and the violin
4: Kijinami Eiji - Dialect Danshi - The transfer student who hates losing, but is more pure-hearted than others.
5: Emori T Ryuushi - Astronomy Danshi - A college student who loves to look at the stars
6: Maki Yuu - Delusions of Grandeur Danshi - A freshman that doesn't want to be accused of having delusions of grandeur
7: There was no episode seven. (Innocent Danshi)
8: Sasayama Nao - Happy IRL Danshi - Hip College Student Who Loves Cell Phones And Mixers
9: Mochizuki Shirusu - Librarian Danshi - The librarian that treasures books and book lovers like yourself.
10: Chigiri Yonaga/Yayoi - Flower Arrangement Danshi - Hobbyist Twins Who Are Full Of Wisdom
11: Iida Yuuichirou - Food Stall Danshi - An Old Guy Who Loves Oden And Freedom

After giving it several days of thought and analysis, I have results.

I know that many people liked food stall man. But, he just wasn't for me, you know? I guess I just wasn't particularly comfortable with him. Too gruff for me. Still, he... Was memorable. He was better than a few that just didn't really stand out. Those being, music boy and dialect boy. I have no real preference for them. They were just okay.

Those that were negative? For some reason, chuuni boy gave me very poor sleep quality. The kid wasn't great, but honestly, falling asleep next to a family member isn't really that out of the ordinary??? it doesn't have to be weird if you don't make it weird. He wasn't a top pick by any means but, while subpar, he was not outwardly horrid. And the sheep boy, Merry... Well! He was a bit creepy, too. Not AS creepy, buy still.

On the positive side, as I mentioned before, astronomy boy was very pleasant, and I consistently got good sleep with my good, caring senpai from work. He just cares so much...! And the librarian boy, he was also pretty good. He has good taste in books!!! But one I hadn't mentioned was Happy IRL boy. He reminded me a lot of some of my friends from college, so he was good to be around. It's certainly not like i've never fallen asleep in the presence of a boy i know from college in real life.

The flower arrangement boys don't even enter the picture.

So, that's

2 > 8 > 5 > 9
>>>
11 > 3 > 4
>>>>>
7 > 6 > 1
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

had to catch up so i could submit my votes!

11 > 5 > 2 > 9 > 6 > 8 > 4 > 3 > Merry > 10

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

More like loving Pillow Biters, OP. Goddamn loving fruits!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
One hour until I do the final tally! Get yur votes in!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

More like loving Pillow Biters, OP. Goddamn loving fruits!

Plutonis who is your favorite pillow boy, we must know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'll update this if Plutonis wants to submit one, but here we go!

FINAL TOTALS

10. Flower Arrangement Danshi (10): 26
9. Music Danshi (3): 29
8. Merry (1/12): 31
7. Delusions of Grandeur Danshi (6): 43
6. Happy IRL Danshi (8): 52
5. Dialect Danshi (4): 58
4. Librarian Danshi (9): 69

3. Astronomy Danshi (5): 72

2. Senpai Danshi (2): 76

1. Food Stall Danshi (11): 94

Special Guest: Loran Cehack