Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Blues

you can do it right now on this livestream http://www.almeida.co.uk/iliad-digital

"i love homer haha" - marge simpson. :) right now its at the bit where hector and achilleus are about to battle and its quite exciting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues

I like the ominous mood music in the background, I wasnt there for it earlier but I like to imagine there was a guitar solo playing mutedly when achilles was sassing agamemnon, or maybe whenever odysseus was talking. the aiantes probably merited a big trombone and a little flute tooting up and down like when an elephant is walking in an old movie

Android Blues

"Ajax, you master of railing, witless in counsel, in all things else you fall behind the other Argives, for your mind is stubborn," says John Simm, as a big trombone honks bathetically and the audience giggles

FreshCutFries

my favorite part of the illiad is when they list exactly where each boat of soldiers came from for 20 pages.

Android Blues

Thingyman posted:

my favorite part of the illiad is when they list exactly where each boat of soldiers came from for 20 pages.

for most actors, there is nothing better than listing off a list of things without having any emotions about it. its the best way to show range, because you list all the items in order and imply a numerical distance and if the list is especially long and boring they will have a very big range by the time they are done and the audience cant help but clap!

at the SAG where you have to love this to get in, the big acting cartel all mechanically repeat spoken laughs at the people who like to say the bits where achilles feeds hector to the dogs or cries for his dead lover (which is only 1 thing)... most people audition with the ships bit from the iliad, or just counting until their mouth gets too dry to keep doing it and the person with the wettest mouth is who they'll cast

dogcrash truther
Every part of the Iliad is a pleasure to me

Android Blues

now theyre doing the boxing match with the rustic clown. a few giggles after the feeding of hector to the dogs

also Odysseus is in this bit so you Odyssey/Ulysses/the Ulysses anime where hes in space fans out there, get in on this sweet cameo :)

Android Blues

in modern terms, Homer was seeding the odysseus cameos in the iliad to set up the odysseus tentpole movie that was next in his five year business plan

dogcrash truther
Homer smoked opium

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
it's like driving through inclement weather for a kfc bowl when you really think about it.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
or driving back to your friends to tell them how awesome it was

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread