Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!

Otsuru had laughed when Marumaru asked her question and then immediately proceeded to state the exact same intent, but the fox-eared performer found herself inexplicably holding her tongue.

The half-Ayakashi's arrival here was something she largely attributed to chance, and was for the most part ignorant about the politics of the region. With her own problems, this was something the purple-haired girl wasn't intent on getting caught up in. Still, all Otsuru seemed to glean from the diminishing audience was that they liked Lady Akemi, regardless of the apparent myriad threats she faced.

Akemi was at the center of it all, and Otsuru had to admit that her curiosity had kind of been piqued. Before she elected to move on, it might be interesting to meet this powerful and charismatic figure face to face. The diminutive Henge hadn't quite figured out a way to do this, although the bold priest Otoha had already taken the initiative. Cozying up to a vocal critic was certainly one way of garnering the attention of the local powers that be, and now here she was, guilty by association.

"Oh. This is going to end well," Otsuru wryly asserts to no one in particular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Marumaru watches the incident play out, arms crossed over her armor, her expression equally thoughtful and resigned. "The path of the sword leads ever to war," she says quietly to herself, the words having the worn quality of an oft-repeated adage.

"It never really ends," she says more clearly to Otsuru. "But it seems I've found my reason for being here, one way or the other. If this Lady Akemi is a tyrant, she needs to be opposed. If she is not, then she needs help." Marumaru hefts her blade to her shoulder. "I must go and see which will be my task."

She calls out to the others. "Can any tell me where I might find this Lady Akemi?"

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

"Personally, it does not particularly matter to me if Lady Akemi is a tyrant or not." Masaharu shrugged, glancing over to Marumaru. "If she is, than she is a tyrant of such small scope as to be unremarkable. If she isn't, then she still has only this village to claim. Is such a place truly worth drawing blades over? Personally, I do not think so. Personally, yes, I do believe that on occasion it is important to let the play be performed without intermission."

Waving a hand airily, he paused for dramatic effect, and then continued, in the same indifferent voice, "However, the ayakashi issue - that is a thing that interests me far more than power struggles in an, ahem, far-removed village. I should, very much, like to see this woman who would wage war against them. If you would allow me to accompany you, I would be most appreciative." Singlehandledly, he lifted his traveling case, the contents rattling as he bowed to Marumaru, then turned to the others. "Perhaps some of the other strangers to this town will have their own reasons for joining us as well."

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
my comp died.

• Locked thread