Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I was looking to see if there was a general 'small critters' thread, but I didn't see one.

Anyway, I have a guinea pig that's ~4 1/2. Last month I adopted a 6 month old. I followed the instructions on quarantine time and the introduction process, and at first they got along great.

However, recently Rollie (the older one) just seems... down. Doesn't go into her raucous squealing anymore, and will just sit in one spot most of the time and has even ignored snacks sometimes.

I've made a vet appointment to rule out the possibility that she's sick, but until then, I was wondering if she's just unhappy with a new guinea pig around. I don't get it because they seemed to be buddies at first, and they interact with each other when I take them out of the cage.

Anybody have any ideas/advice? I've put her back in her old cage for now and she seems marginally more active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mathematics
Jun 22, 2011
Maybe the younger one is too active and wearing her out.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Pig not moving and eating as normal are the telltale signs of sickness so I don't think you have to worry about mental issues quite yet.

• Locked thread