Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthIncarnate

Weird owl has life all figured out
I didn't know it, though.

It took someone else to show me; they came along with a flashlight and said

don't you know where you are? Here; move your head over here; now stick your arm through there; there you go, isn't that better?

And it was better; for years of my life it was better; for years of my life I was guided and I learned what it meant to be free.

And I got a flashlight of my own. Not a big one, like theirs; it was a little one, like a little

a pen light? Am i saying this correctly?

A small light, but it was mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthIncarnate

Sorry, BYOB; it is me again; it is late; I will be gone again soon, I promise; I do not like to intrude on your hospitality more than is necessary.

devil

FilthIncarnate posted:

don't you know where you are? Here; move your head over here; now stick your arm through there; there you go, isn't that better?

And it was better; for years of my life it was better; for years of my life I was guided and I learned what it meant to be free.

And I got a flashlight of my own. Not a big one, like theirs; it was a little one, like a little

lol

FilthIncarnate

If I could figure out how to get from here to there I could go to bed, finally.

Woof.

Okay.

Let me try to begin at the beginning.

FilthIncarnate

So for a while I had someone to help me; someone who understood.

And I learned a lot from this person.

"So-and-so," they would say to me, though of course they did not say so-and-so, they called me by name;

"So-and-so," they would say, "there is such a thing as the good."

There is such a thing as the truth, they explained to me, and it was right, and over time I learned to understand the truth, though it was strange, and difficult, and not often what it seemed.

And my understanding was small, but it was mine.

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

FilthIncarnate posted:

haha

FilthIncarnate

And for years my life went on this way, and it was difficult, but it was better than before, because there was such a thing as the truth, because I had seen it, because I had touched it, held it in my hand, even if only for a moment.

But one day, of course, life changed again, and it changed like this:

all through my apprenticeship I had moved closer and closer to my benefactor, the person who instructed me, and that was good, that was fine, they understood the wire on this road because they had crawled through it themselves.

and one day they instructed me now look, look over here, you see that gap there, come through that gap and it will bring you over to me.

and from this place i took my little pen light and inspected the route for myself

I don't like this story;

this story doesn't have a happy ending.

FilthIncarnate

almost there; then i'll close the thread; i'll go to bed; we'll never speak of this again

FilthIncarnate

blood.

blood everywhere.

the wire was covered with blood.

my teacher hadn't made it out at all; they were

it was around their neck

around their wrists

blood

everywhere

blood.

FilthIncarnate

there's not much left to tell.

to the left, away from them, i saw a tiny gap.

if i twisted just right

and held my breath

i could just make it through-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthIncarnate

so i went.

i went away from them, on my own, and

and that's that.

it's been years now.

i don't talk to anyone; i certainly never post on the internet; this is my third time breaking that rule; i don't know why.

but sometimes you just have to tell someone.

okay.

that's it.

i'm going to bed. we're done here.

• Locked thread