Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

:downs: "form > function" :downs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z2K2lCgbXw

a good article on why this poo poo is stupid: http://driven-daily.com/helladumb/

protip: cambering is only necessary if you're racing. excessive camber is never necessary, and makes you look like you know nothing about cars! :eng101:

also itt: i forget to set a post icon again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Reasonable camber is nice to have on the street, especially when you have a Macpherson strut car with terrible camber curves.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Reasonable camber is nice to have on the street, especially when you have a Macpherson strut car with terrible camber curves.

yes but does anyone need -10+° of camber? literally anyone?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
No, of course not. That much negative camber is for the unclean.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/2612/Hella-Fail.aspx

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This is the logical conclusion. Anything higher than this is basically a truck. if you're into stance and don't take it to this extreme, you're just a poser.

if this makes you angry, get over it old man, different people have different tastes. quit trying to supress my automotive culture.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
That looks awesome, other than the camber.

Plus, it's like a reverse convertible!

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

:stonklol:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
A few from my "broken things" folder:

I took this one at Formula D long beach, guy ripped that power cord out of something:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

This thread already exists: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3502479

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

i felt like a megathread for the stancenation "form > function" retards was in order

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm the tire salesman with dollar signs in his eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I, too, have a desire to utterly ruin my vehicle and slowly sand it to nothingness utilizing public roads as extreme grit sandpaper.

• Locked thread