Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Pikmin 2 is probably in my top 10 games of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
pikmin 4 will be worse than pikmin, just like pikmin 3, pikmin 2, and, to be fair, all other games.

Shaken
Jul 16, 2008

+ -
i really liked Pikmin 1 but didnt get or try the others for whatever reason. alien fauna ftw

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I need a Wii U so I can play Pikmin 3 and then this.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I've played the first one like a dozen times.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I've played the first one like a dozen times.

my fave thing about the first one was hiding super hard optional bosses in the later areas if you got there fast enough

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I nearly sold my wii once but didn't because I thought pikmin 3 was going to come out for it. I'm glad I didn't though because of xenoblade chronicles

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I didn't like how 3 took away the ability to c-stick direct your pikmin around. Also it seemed too short without the dungeons and purple pikmin are best

Soral posted:

the roller boss that chased you through a bunch of floors of a dungeon before you could finally face it on the final floor in pikmin 2 was scary as heck

This

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I wasn't sure if it's rose-tint or not, but Pikmin 3 definitely felt shorter than 2. I remember 2 feeling like some of those dungeons would never end. Cooler looking bosses though. Love me the pikmens.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

no they will not posted:

I nearly sold my wii once but didn't because I thought pikmin 3 was going to come out for it. I'm glad I didn't though because of xenoblade chronicles

Never Sell Your Wii

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I didn't know about this, OP. Thank you for sharing the information.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theyll make a pikmin 4 despite sales..but they wont talk about fzero ever again

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

100% Miyamoto

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yestermoment posted:

I wasn't sure if it's rose-tint or not, but Pikmin 3 definitely felt shorter than 2. I remember 2 feeling like some of those dungeons would never end. Cooler looking bosses though. Love me the pikmens.

It's definitely shorter. 2 is actually really long iirc, some of the optional dungeons you can do after you complete the time limit stuff are massive

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

It's definitely shorter. 2 is actually really long iirc, some of the optional dungeons you can do after you complete the time limit stuff are massive

i remember the final dungeon requiring every kind of pikmin and being the hardest thing ive ever experienced in a nintendo game. the final boss took like an hour to kill

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Pikmin 2 is a perfect video game.

3 was good but I couldn't be bothered to 100% it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Not a Children posted:

Pikmin 2 is a perfect video game.

:agreed:

Bobnumerotres posted:

They'd rather do Mario bowling or Zelda picross. Best the lesser franchises get is smash bros or a mini game in nintendoland

• Locked thread